BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Chief of police cares about each and every tourist who comes to Thailand

1pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

A Royal Thai Police spokesman has said that the commander of the force cares about all tourists whether they are Thai or foreigners. 

The aim of General Chakthip Chaijinda is to help tourists and protect them and their possessions at all times. 

And not just in Bangkok. Wherever there is tourism General Chakthip will serve and protect you.

It is a continuing and concerted effort that will continue indefinitely, said Pol Col Krissana Patanacharoen who cited successes in controlling "zero dollar" tours, call center gangs.....

And taxi drivers. 

Krissana was commenting after a Thai woman called Pla Suchaya went on Facebook to complain about a taxi driver at Suvarnabhumi airport not using the meter.

He had ripped her off with a chartered fare. 

11-2.jpg

Picture: INN

Acting on behalf of the RTP chief, Pol Lt-Col Prayoon Pakinsri of the Tourist Police 1 had contacted the poster and found the taxi driver. 

The driver admitted overcharging and not using the meter.

He was taken for a drugs test that proved negative. His taxi was checked and was found to be of the required standard. 

Then he was handed over to the airport police and fined. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-02

Well, doesn't that just warm the heart and make one feel welcome!

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Royal Thai Police spokesman has said that the commander of the force cares about all tourists whether they are Thai or foreigners

The fact you have to say, "whether they are Thai or foreigners" speaks volumes. 

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

And not just in Bangkok.

Yes, I hear you have to submit a TM30 even if you're outside of Bangkok. 

That in Thai speak means the total opposite of course🤔

so what tourist would that be then ?? i think they are going to countries where they are welcomed, not conned at every opportunity.

My first!

I don't see the problem with taxi drivers not starting the meter. I gently ask them to start it, if they don't I just tell them I will take another taxi. If I was to post on FB every time... 😂🤣😄

41 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Well, doesn't that just warm the heart and make one feel welcome!

of course now there will be thousands flocking to L.O.S

That will boost tourism for sure 

I feel loved already.

I would suggest that whilst he say he cares for tourists, something was lost in translation.  Perhaps what he was trying to emphasise is that he cares more about tourists wallets and the nicest way his team can empty them for their own good.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Presumably there will be even more love and care for tourists now that PM Prayut has personally taken over reins of the police.

Inbound tourists can now expect to be met and greeted by him with a laugh and a smile at impromtu airport visits. 

download (1).jpg

Thai are known for being very fickle and sadly untrustworthy to a greater extent. 

All for show in my estimation.

Thai are racist it is that simple because why is there segregation within Thai culture? Classic example is one price for Thai and another for foreigners as with refusal of Indian citizens entry into Thai bars especially Soi 6 Pattaya city

But I don't give a shit for the problems of you long term expats.