Chief of police cares about each and every tourist who comes to Thailand

webfact

1pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

A Royal Thai Police spokesman has said that the commander of the force cares about all tourists whether they are Thai or foreigners. 

The aim of General Chakthip Chaijinda is to help tourists and protect them and their possessions at all times. 

And not just in Bangkok. Wherever there is tourism General Chakthip will serve and protect you.

It is a continuing and concerted effort that will continue indefinitely, said Pol Col Krissana Patanacharoen who cited successes in controlling "zero dollar" tours, call center gangs.....

And taxi drivers. 

Krissana was commenting after a Thai woman called Pla Suchaya went on Facebook to complain about a taxi driver at Suvarnabhumi airport not using the meter.

He had ripped her off with a chartered fare. 

11-2.jpg

Picture: INN

Acting on behalf of the RTP chief, Pol Lt-Col Prayoon Pakinsri of the Tourist Police 1 had contacted the poster and found the taxi driver. 

The driver admitted overcharging and not using the meter.

He was taken for a drugs test that proved negative. His taxi was checked and was found to be of the required standard. 

Then he was handed over to the airport police and fined. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-02

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Royal Thai Police spokesman has said that the commander of the force cares about all tourists whether they are Thai or foreigners

The fact you have to say, "whether they are Thai or foreigners" speaks volumes. 

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

And not just in Bangkok.

Yes, I hear you have to submit a TM30 even if you're outside of Bangkok. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Presumably there will be even more love and care for tourists now that PM Prayut has personally taken over reins of the police.

Inbound tourists can now expect to be met and greeted by him with a laugh and a smile at impromtu airport visits. 

download (1).jpg

Thai are known for being very fickle and sadly untrustworthy to a greater extent. 

All for show in my estimation.

Thai are racist it is that simple because why is there segregation within Thai culture? Classic example is one price for Thai and another for foreigners as with refusal of Indian citizens entry into Thai bars especially Soi 6 Pattaya city

11 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Thai are known for being very fickle and sadly untrustworthy to a greater extent. 

All for show in my estimation.

Thai are racist it is that simple because why is there segregation within Thai culture? Classic example is one price for Thai and another for foreigners as with refusal of Indian citizens entry into Thai bars especially Soi 6 Pattaya city

Segregation in Thailand is due to brainwashing from birth but given India's caste system and their own prejudices it is hardly fitting to discuss that as a reason for discrimination of Indians in bars.  The latter point I understand is that when Indians enter bars they are generally in groups and always attempt to barter a lower price from any services that may be on offer.  That is what the bar owners find most annoying as do their service staff. 

Putting that to one side then  outside of the main cities you will of course still find some prejudice, but that applies to other nationalities also,  but generally, with the exception of the North East of Thailand, Thais  don't specifically dislike Indians as they are so grossly xenophobic they dislike any non Thai, totally without prejudice ????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Acting on behalf of the RTP chief, Pol Lt-Col Prayoon Pakinsri of the Tourist Police 1 had contacted the poster and found the taxi driver. 

The driver admitted overcharging and not using the meter.

He was taken for a drugs test that proved negative. His taxi was checked and was found to be of the required standard. 

Then he was handed over to the airport police and fined. 

Yep 500 Baht, Wai and business as usual

You can always trust the ones with wings on there heavy shirt the one standing looks like he can't wait to jump into action to see you on the street to earn his. Is the guy sitting is he on the Thai snow skiing team?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A Royal Thai Police spokesman has said that the commander of the force cares about all tourists whether they are Thai or foreigners.

They got it wrong already from start this time too. Thai tourists in their own country?

Hell yeah, I know there is something called domestic travelling too, but I still wouldn´t call them tourists in their own country.

28 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

If an Australian police chief distinguished between Aussies and foreigners even in a positive light he would be in trouble.

Why don't the police here  design a more friendly uniform and get a decent hair cut.

They look like gang members.

They are :whistling:

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

I would suggest that whilst he say he cares for tourists, something was lost in translation.  Perhaps what he was trying to emphasise is that he cares more about tourists wallets and the nicest way his team can empty them for their own good.

Where does all the bitterness come from in all your posts? Do the police empty your pockets at a regular basis? Do you care to provide with the stories in that case?

Maybe it just originates from that main point of most of the complainers. That they have to show real evidence and follow the rules for stay in Thailand today, instead of like before can just state an amount and everything was happy happy. Just wonder where all the bitterness coming from, and how you can spout out bad things about everything at a daily basis? Is it just made up conclusions out of bad judgement or are you falling for the group preassure in this forum?

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Segregation in Thailand is due to brainwashing from birth but given India's caste system and their own prejudices it is hardly fitting to discuss that as a reason for discrimination of Indians in bars.  The latter point I understand is that when Indians enter bars they are generally in groups and always attempt to barter a lower price from any services that may be on offer.  That is what the bar owners find most annoying as do their service staff. 

Putting that to one side then  outside of the main cities you will of course still find some prejudice, but that applies to other nationalities also,  but generally, with the exception of the North East of Thailand, Thais  don't specifically dislike Indians as they are so grossly xenophobic they dislike any non Thai, totally without prejudice ????

And now they are brainwashed from birth? So, you do not think that the people in the country are trying to do the best based on their own education and capabilities. Now you are sure they brainwash all the people. Just another comment based on no facts at all, and as bitter as all the rest. What is the reason for this pure hate against the Thai population? The question is if you really inetrest yourself to engage in discussions with Thai people and if you actually do have much connections with them? If you did, you would definately know that the mojority of Thais are very freindly and have a much greater acceptance than most of the western population has.

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

I feel loved already.

Me too, every single day. That from my children, wife the families and all the nice and interesting Thai people I meet every single day. (That is if you did not have a sacastic meaning with your post?) In that case it´s just one in the row that can´t adjust.

40 minutes ago, essox essox said:

are you serious ???

haa haa haa haa

I hope he is. And making a comment like this, shows how good you fit in this country and with the people living here. Makes me wonder why you really interest yourself so much for this country? Maybe you even stay or live here? That just makes it so much worse. Sounds to me that you are into self inflicted pain.

Archived