Swim at Chulangakorn Univ?

chingmai331

My wife and I did swim at Chula based on arranging some sort of use privileges awhile back (11 years ago; the time just flies).  It may not be possible without having a connection to there, and that may have been a special case, since my wife is a Chula alumni.  It cost relatively little, but that is how that would go.  They've since removed the pool we used most often but there always had been another.  I doubt that's easy to turn up information about but clicking through websites and sending messages enough would do it.  I'm not aware of other pools open for public use in the same area.

The relatively new park near there isn't bad, Centennial park, close to the small I'm Park shopping area.  Running wouldn't be for everyone, and it's not as if there's a good track for that there, just the usual for sidewalk type walkways.  They had designed in stationary bikes, which provided resistance by churning the water in a pool / pond section there, which seemed a great idea.  It didn't take long for almost all of them to break though, not well-designed enough to be up to that form of use.

Archived