Does Anything you Buy in Thailand Actually Last?

Pilotman

Socks here last no more than 10 days of use. Bought 7 pairs from the UK in 2016, all still going well.

Flip flops last about 6 months. Bought some Hush Puppies (only 600B!) 2 years ago, still going well.

Leather shoes last a year tops. Bought a pair for 1500B from Taywin in January, the soles came loose by March.

Something about footwear sold here.

I bought a 3 pack of Thai condoms for 10 baht when I first arrived in Thailand 20 years ago....I rinse them off after every use and reuse them every day and they still work just fine....Thai stuff is awesome.....I love these new Rose tinted glasses I just bought.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:28 AM, JaiLai said:

Hatari fan I bought 19 years ago for 43 baht 2nd hand, got a slight rattle now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

For hatari ceiling fans they even don't sell new blades.....i mean for outdoors.

You're correct. I gave two members of my partners family nice watches as presents. Both dropped and smashed the watch glass within weeks, and of course it damaged the movements as well and neither had the money to fix.

G-Shock watches are indestructible, solar powered, cheap and some were made in Thailand. Mine going strong 15 years.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, alan grice said:

My love of Thai Food lasted only 2 weeks. Lazada clearly state when its not original

Where does Lazada say if it's not the genuine item?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Not telling You.My Wife wouldn’t tell me, but after studying for example Nike Trainers i found the key.

So why is it a secret? Lazada won't sell fakes intentionally. If you report you've received a fake they take that seller off their list, so I think you're telling porkies.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 4:58 PM, alan grice said:

Typical Ferang. Open Nike, scroll to an look alike at 300 bht, then Product Details . Its tells you there. Then look at a 3000 bht product details . Poor Old Chap .emoji705.png

Is Nike the only product Lazada sells? Have a look at G Shock watches, they advertise some at less than a quarter of the selling price, no mention of being a fake or copy, and if you contact the seller they will tell you they are genuine when they are clearly not. Show me on Lazadas site where it says copy. Pretty obvious when an item sells at a ridiculous price that it's not genuine, but some people need it spelled out for them.

Edited by giddyup

Small electrical items are a bummer unless made in US/Europe etc (almost never found) or a Japanese brand made in Thailand. The Japs are the only ones who know how to control and manage Thai production lines and Thai factory workers IMO - they have been at it for decades and insist on running the floor. Same with some other SE Asian countries like Malaysia if under Japanese brand control.

Used to think that Koreans were the same but my Samsung fridge of 10 years just gave out and I spent 2,000 baht on ultimately wasted call-outs to try to get it renovated.

PS - does anyone know where and what I can buy as an electrical extension that still has all sockets working and no crackling or blow outs after 3 years. I have to import mine from the UK and use converter plugs to get something lasting and non-dangerous. Have tried paying more at places like Robinson but they are still cr@p.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

Is Nike the only product Lazada sells? Have a look at G Shock watches, they advertise some at less than a quarter of the selling price, no mention of being a fake or copy, and if you contact the seller they will tell you they are genuine when they are clearly not. Show me on Lazadas site where it says copy. Pretty obvious when an item sells at a ridiculous price that it's not genuine, but some people need it spelled out for them.

They also have rolex in a box with guarantee for 3,000 baht

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

They also have rolex in a box with guarantee for 3,000 baht

They have this one for 890 baht, but I can't see anywhere it says it's a copy, perhaps alan grice can point out where it says fake? I'd hate for anyone to buy it thinking they are getting the real thing.????

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/rolex-by-mee-i383438735-s744900255.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.73.7dcf6e78bPjOkk&search=1

Edited by giddyup