Warning from the German Embassy

Isaanbiker

I hope that this topic isn't already covered. If so, please feel free to delete this message.

Here's the translated version of the email I've just received:

On the 02.08.2019 there were bomb explosions in different places in Bangkok. Further explosions, also in other parts of the country, can not be excluded.

Travelers in Thailand are advised to be especially vigilant, to follow the local media carefully and to comply with the orders of the local security forces and authorities. In particular, avoid large crowds and busy locations, such as shopping centers. 

Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
9, South Sathorn Rd.
Bangkok 10120

I believe bombs do not kill certain nationalities only and people should be aware of it. Let's hope that the culprits are caught soon.

I can only imagine who'd do such nasty attacks. 

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

they arrested people on a bus going south after they were viewed planting a fake bomb, there were some reports of 'explosions' though they may have been the 'pingpong' firecrackers you can buy anywhere..

Of course were they going south. They may have been firecrackers? 

I don't think so. 

I’ve never heard of any bombers in Thailand since 2015 I haven’t heard of anything like this at all but I think I’ll research it now because I heard 4 extremely loud explosions up here in Korat very close to my house about 3 or 4 days ago. But I was in the military for 21 years and I have experience with explosives and what I heard sounded very much like 4 controlled detonations it sounded professional like engineers at work or construction work or something. But I don’t know for sure I know the detonations were close to the house because I could hear debris falling after the last explosion, it sounded like just rocks and gravel so I was thinking controlled detonations conducted by the engineers or something at the time. Plus everything outside appeared to be normal afterwards. Although I asked a few neighbors about it and my wife’s family about it later because they only live 200 meters away down the street from us and no one else knew what it was either and everyone else on our street heard it as well no one I spoke to knew what was going on at least.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the warning I kind of doubt it but who knows weird things happen sometimes.

If it had been car bombs or something or any kind of terrorism at all I’m sure I would have heard Korat is a small city. Each blast was very close and sounded like maybe a half a kilogram of whatever type of demolition device or explosives. They were very loud explosions but only because they were so close when you can hear the debris falling afterwards you know it’s close. It was just unusual to hear that especially so close to where we live.

Actually I believe it was 2 days ago when I heard the 4 explosions here in Korat near the house. I also noticed that this is posted in the Issan forum but according to the OP this is about something that may have occurred in Bangkok. Has anyone heard anything about what they were blowing up here in Korat? Was it engineers like I suspect?

Archived