Jump to content
BANGKOK
recom273

Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) Moved

Recommended Posts

Went in today to do 90 day report, Immigration has moved to the old police station, still the same complex just the second entrance. 

 

Im a little confused why, because there is only a little more seating.

 

No need to collect a ticket for 90 day, just go straight to Desk 1 / Information and join the queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. When I first went there I got there at 12.30 and waited at the old spot, thinking they were on a lunch break. They didn't have a sign up at the old spot in English yet.

Anyway, Hat Yai is still far preferable to Phuket in terms of customer service, that's for sure.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yup. When I first went there I got there at 12.30 and waited at the old spot, thinking they were on a lunch break. They didn't have a sign up at the old spot in English yet. Anyway, Hat Yai is still far preferable to Phuket in terms of customer service, that's for sure.

 

 

 

 

How long ago? We went there last Friday, and we walked up the stairs to the old office and the doors were open and staff eating dinner at the counter.

 

They have new stickers on the windows, saying “IMMIGRATION”

 

I presumed they had just moved that day, and they hadn’t put a sign up yet .. same again - looking through the computer booking system to find an option for 90 day check-in - no ticket, no instruction .. just queue up.

 

Yes - I have a hate - hate relationship with HY immigration, all their “different” procedures - but imagine wasting a whole day in a queue in CNX, Phuket or CW. We are quite lucky.

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well if the Multi Non-O marriage visa comes to an end, I'll be getting a taste of Hat Yai Immigration myself next year. Will no doubt be looking for advice regarding their “different” procedures.

 

Hey-ho.

 

.

Edited by Stocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Well if the Multi Non-O marriage visa comes to an end, I'll be getting a taste of Hat Yai Immigration myself next year. Will no doubt be looking for advice regarding their “different” procedures.

 

Hey-ho.

 

.

The procedure for extension of stay is fine, i used to have a ME and changing it up was cool, the only issue I had was a need for some unexpected paperwork from the landlord.

 

I think the procedure for getting a certificate of residence is too convoluted.

 

BTW Did you know that you also need to do a 90 day check-in even if you are on a ME visa and leave the country every 90 days .. I couldn’t work it out and they couldn’t give me an acceptable reason. Just, you must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think I've ever managed a full 90 days. I'm always off somewhere, I think 70 days is probably the longest I've been in Thailand at one stretch, and I don't do same day border runs. How does it work if you're not here more than 90 days?!

 

Good to know the switch to extension of stay is relatively easy, the wife's my landlord, hopefully that makes things easier still. But then TiT.

 

.

Edited by Stocky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I don't think I've ever managed a full 90 days. I'm always off somewhere, I think 70 days is probably the longest I've been in Thailand at one stretch. How does it work if you're not here more than 90 days?!

Same here, I will always leave before 90 days due to the requirements of he visa or a break in Malaysia.

 

When the old guy saw the non-o he said “you must report, everyone must!” - ‘but why? it’s a ME visa?’ - He couldn’t give me any acceptable explanation, other than “mai dai” I only did it twice on the ME.

 

They just make it up as they go along, but to be fair the approval for extension is dealt with at the regional office (in BKK?), so they need to follow their instructions, and they were helpful and reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would note that while the new office looks more impressive, it isn't any more comfortable for their customers.

 

There is one girl who works at the front desk who is a real angel, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went there just 2 hours ago. Old office, still no sign there, neither in English nor in Thai. Had to submit a TM30, they placed a new sticker for that just after the entrance. Officer didn't say a word about moving, but told me, that i could do the TM30 online now (except the first time). So i asked him if the 90 days report could be done online too; still NO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swissbie said:

Went there just 2 hours ago. Old office, still no sign there, neither in English nor in Thai. Had to submit a TM30, they placed a new sticker for that just after the entrance. Officer didn't say a word about moving, but told me, that i could do the TM30 online now (except the first time). So i asked him if the 90 days report could be done online too; still NO...

What’s the deal with TM30? 

 

I never ask for fear of getting the wrong answer. In the past, I was fined, so if I needed a certificate of residence then I would leave and re-enter then file a TM30 the next day .. When you leave the country the clock resets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, recom273 said:

What’s the deal with TM30? 

I'd like some local feedback on this too. The wife AFAIK has never submitted a TM30 for me, I/we have always assumed as it was the same address as on the arrivals card there was no need. Clearly things have changed, would be good to understand how zealous HY immigration are with this.

 

I'm out of the country shortly, so will get the wife to register me on my return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Malaysia over the weekend, got back to Hat Yai yesterday, so the wife registered me with the local Gestapo this morning. Completed TM30 form plus copy of the house book (front page and page showing wife as house master), copy of my passport (ID pages, TM6 and current entry stamp). Took the wife half an hour, 25 minutes waiting, 5 minutes to update the information on the computer. No receipt, no need as it's all on the computer apparently.

 

So I'm a legal alien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stocky said:

I was in Malaysia over the weekend, got back to Hat Yai yesterday, so the wife registered me with the local Gestapo this morning. Completed TM30 form plus copy of the house book (front page and page showing wife as house master), copy of my passport (ID pages, TM6 and current entry stamp). Took the wife half an hour, 25 minutes waiting, 5 minutes to update the information on the computer. No receipt, no need as it's all on the computer apparently.

 

So I'm a legal alien.

That’s strange, there is a tear off strip at the bottom of the form and I staple that in the back of my passport, but they are right, it’s all computerized, they knew I hadn’t have filed one when I was fined.

 

i will try and register for the app and post back how it goes. Seems the way forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife specifically asked why he hadn't filled in the tear off section receipt, he just said no need, it's all on the computer.

 

I was looking at the online registration, will suggest we register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...