Jump to content
BANGKOK
recom273

Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) Moved

Recommended Posts

As I was up in Bangkok at the weekend, so wife made a TM30 report today. She asked whether she really needed to do this every time her husband went away for a couple of days, and the answer was yes. So seems Hat Yai immigration are sticking to the rules for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, Stocky said:

As I was up in Bangkok at the weekend, so wife made a TM30 report today. She asked whether she really needed to do this every time her husband went away for a couple of days, and the answer was yes. So seems Hat Yai immigration are sticking to the rules for now.

May I ask what kind of visa you are on? I'm married to a Thai but on a retirement visa. I've gone on frequent trips out of the province, stayed at hotels which submitted TM30s and Hat Yai immigration has never asked my wife to submit a TM30 upon my return.  My understanding is that a TM 30 is only necessary when returning from abroad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-O marriage (multi-entry). Wife specifically asked if this was necessary after every trip, even just up to Bangkok, and the officer she spoke to said it was. Wife's most recent visit last week after I returned from Indonesia, IO noted down an eight digit number and just told her to quote that next time, no need for the paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Stocky said:

Non-O marriage (multi-entry). Wife specifically asked if this was necessary after every trip, even just up to Bangkok, and the officer she spoke to said it was. Wife's most recent visit last week after I returned from Indonesia, IO noted down an eight digit number and just told her to quote that next time, no need for the paperwork.

We just got back from Sri Lanka, the girl at Don Mueang asked if we were getting a flight the same day to HY, which we were, seemed a bit of a leading question, so the wife needed to submit a TM30 within 48 hours. 
 

I only really do them when I leave the country.

 

The young guy at the HY front desk wrote a number on the paper and asked wife to take a photo and quote it next time, has anyone else had this, an ID number? 
 

I’m not too sure how it can help, do we still have to have copy of ID card, passport pages, lease and 2 pages from the house book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, recom273 said:

The young guy at the HY front desk wrote a number on the paper and asked wife to take a photo and quote it next time, has anyone else had this, an ID number? 

Exactly what happened with us. But no, you don't need to furnish any documents, only when you get a new landing card, otherwise just show the ID number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if 90 day reporting in Songkhla (Hat Yai Immigration) was still required in person rather than online. Considering life under a state of emergency--and the need for "social distance"--one would think that Songkhla Immigration would begin to encourage online 90 day reporting. (Or is online 90-day reporting already available for Songkhla expats? For many years it seemed it was not.) Thanks in advance for replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

I was wondering if 90 day reporting in Songkhla (Hat Yai Immigration) was still required in person rather than online. Considering life under a state of emergency--and the need for "social distance"--one would think that Songkhla Immigration would begin to encourage online 90 day reporting. (Or is online 90-day reporting already available for Songkhla expats? For many years it seemed it was not.) Thanks in advance for replies.

I spent 4 unpleasant hours there on 17th (10 days ago) to do my yearly extension, it was full of Burmese workers, I presume for reentry permits. 

Unsurprisingly Zero Fs were given by HY immigration, staff all had masks and gloves, yet no sanitizer was available to customers. There was no effort made to separate or move people quickly.
 

Maybe things have changed in the interim. 

 

I need to do a 90 day in the next couple of weeks, i was thinking about doing the postal option, there is a drive through kiosk by the train stays ion. It crossed my mind to give it a miss, the fine is 2000THB? Is that for a year of non- reporting? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes you can do 90 day reporting online for Songkla

 

Edited by ThaiCelt
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the fine for no TM30? I usually do an in out at the border on a non-O Marriage but looks like I will need to do a 60 day extension in HY. I have never had a TM30. Will I need one for an extension ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure regarding the fine for not completing your TM30, I'm fortunate that my company does it for me but I know many Farangs who live in HY who have not completed any TM30's and continue to renew visas on a regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry and I hasten to add-do not mention any fines for not submitting their TM30's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, beammeup said:

What is the fine for no TM30? I usually do an in out at the border on a non-O Marriage but looks like I will need to do a 60 day extension in HY. I have never had a TM30. Will I need one for an extension ?

You might want to post in the main visa section, it’s not a fixed daily penalty - I think there is a maximum fine. I got stung a few years back - I think it was 2000B, they pulled a figure out of thin air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well today I put in my application for a 1 year extension (based on marriage), as I doubt I'm going to get a chance to go Penang to apply for a new Non-O multi.

 

The wife called in on immigration the other week to pick up the necessary forms as well as details (in Thai) of what supporting documents are required. This I had translated and attach as a pdf. 

 

Processing and waiting happens outside of the office under a tent. Seating is limited to twelve people as the two middle seats of each bench of four are not to be occupied. Just below the stairs leading into the office is a desk manned by two officers who will review your application and, once all is in order, submit to officers inside. Meanwhile you sit outside and sweat; they really could do with one or two of those misting fans. We arrived at 10:30 but didn't get called inside until after lunch at 1:30. Interview took half an hour including lots of paper signing. Paid my Bht1,900 and got my under consideration stamp.

 

I've not had dealings with immigration much before, as previously I've opted for the Non-O multi visa which suited my working outside Thailand. So having read various horror stories on TV I was pleasantly surprised to find generally smiling and helpful people, yes it was slow, yes most of the paperwork is really superfluous, and yes it was hot sitting out in the tent, but overall it was far less painful than I was expecting.

 

1 Year Ext Documents.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Immigration turned up at lunchtime today for the home visit, though with no advanced warning. Wife was out so they had to wait until she came home. Thankfully they were all smiles and very polite, didn't take too long to complete the visit. Photos in the living room, outside the house, and standing in-front of an open wardrobe in the bedroom, completed and signed the paperwork and off they went. Hopefully I'll get called to pick up my stamp next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...