Thailand is safe assures tourism minister in PR visit after bombings

rooster59

pr1.JPG

Image: Daily News

Thailand's newly appointed Minister for Tourism and Sports was in Chinatown last night assuring foreign tourists that all was well in Thailand despite a series of bombings and fires in the capital on Friday morning.

Pipat Ratchakitprakarn joined with Tourism Authority of Thailand officials and Tourist Police on a PR exercise in Yaowarat Road. 

"I'm here to assure foreign tourists that Thailand is safe," he said. "The matter is being dealt with by the government".

Pictures showed Pipat chatting happily with foreign tourists enjoying the Chinatown bustle. 

Meanwhile, Pipat has instructed to the Tourist Police and TAT to closely monitor the situation in Bangkok, and has ordered extra personnel to be despatched to key locations in the city in order to rebuild confidence among tourists.

Pipat told reporters the situation in Bangkok is under control and urged tourists to call 1155 if they require further assistance.  

pr2.JPG

pr3.JPG

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-03

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

"I'm here to assure foreign tourists that Thailand is safe," he said. "The matter is being dealt with by the government".

Being told that the matter is being dealt with by this government is hardly likely to inspire a great deal of confidence in visitors.

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Being told that the matter is being dealt with by this government is hardly likely to inspire a great deal of confidence in visitors.

His big mistake was moving his lips.When five bomb go off in one day in Bangkok would indicate it is something other than safe.He also forgot to mention how safe Thai roads are.

B.S! 

I was attacked two weeks ago,  in public by a Thai secruity guard for no reason! I reported the attack to Thai Tourist Board, Immgration Police in Pattaya, who are a waste of time, plus the RTP. To date nothing has materialized!

If I attack a Thai, all hell would break loose?

Thailand has become very unsafe and racist. Sign of the times and a fact!' 

Just now, Sonhia said:

B.S! 

I was attacked two weeks ago,  in public by a Thai secruity guard for no reason! I reported the attack to Thai Tourist Board, Immgration Police in Pattaya, who are a waste of time, plus the RTP. To date nothing has materialized!

If I attack a Thai, all hell would break loose?

Thailand has become very unsafe and racist. Sign of the times and a fact!' 

It's been unsafe for the thirty years I've been coming here and I've heard it has been unsafe for the previous 2000 years,it's part of the appeal.

32 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

More of those words that come "oh so cheaply" but mean very little.

How could he possibly say that with a straight face?

5 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

All (Thai) politicians lie as standard. so what do you expect them to tell you?

I could easily expand that to everybody on the planet lies,I know I do and it's usually when I move my lips or type on a keyboard.

6 minutes ago, neeray said:

More of those words that come "oh so cheaply" but mean very little.

How could he possibly say that with a straight face?

Well he didn't keep a straight face,you can clearly see the first photo of him shaking hands shows him struggling the second photo of him shaking hands shows him starting to lose it and the third photo that shows him completely losing it was confiscated by his minders.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand's newly appointed Minister for Tourism and Sports was in Chinatown last night assuring foreign tourists that all was well in Thailand despite a series of bombings and fires in the capital on Friday morning.

We Safe Thailand Safe Touris Safe na

CWq3GgfWcAAXGcU.jpg.2616e758bbbfb5bf553f976f8b8db14a.jpg

Screenshot_20190803-104844_Chrome.jpg.145ce0bc596e83c72418c2132352dadd.jpg

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I bet the tourist arrivals will go up after the bombings.

The ones who are masochists anyway.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

That must be today's oxymoron.

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

His big mistake was moving his lips.When five bomb go off in one day in Bangkok would indicate it is something other than safe.He also forgot to mention how safe Thai roads are.

Did he mention, with glee, how much the phoenix wreck was sold for?

Archived