Thailand is safe assures tourism minister in PR visit after bombings

rooster59

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Sonhia said:

B.S! 

I was attacked two weeks ago,  in public by a Thai secruity guard for no reason! I reported the attack to Thai Tourist Board, Immgration Police in Pattaya, who are a waste of time, plus the RTP. To date nothing has materialized!

If I attack a Thai, all hell would break loose?

Thailand has become very unsafe and racist. Sign of the times and a fact!' 

BS post!

Thailand has not become more dangerous and certainly not more racist.

I have never felt unsafe in Thailand except occasionally in a taxi with a lunatic driver.

I have never been attacked in Thailand, let alone being attacked for no reason. I don't buy that you were attacked for no reason at all. For sure you said something provoking or did something. Yes, Thai have a short fuse, but they very rarely attack for no reason! Muggings do happen, as in the rest of the world, but this happens much less here than in a lot of western countries.

8 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

The minister, surrounded by security, assures tourists they are safe. Hummmm

Apparently the Ministers security detail had already given  the Minister his 6 pairs of underpants to change before he even got out of the official car.   Maybe his name transliterated into English is Brown ?

Just now, bluesofa said:

Where else are we supposed to get broth from?

Not sure about that but the "Cafe Hypocritical" chain of meeting places for TV members, seems to be expanding rapidly to put them into direct confrontation with  the "Liars-4-U"  group of businesses. ????????????????????????

55 minutes ago, Cheops said:

BS post!

Thailand has not become more dangerous and certainly not more racist.

I have never felt unsafe in Thailand except occasionally in a taxi with a lunatic driver.

I have never been attacked in Thailand, let alone being attacked for no reason. I don't buy that you were attacked for no reason at all. For sure you said something provoking or did something. Yes, Thai have a short fuse, but they very rarely attack for no reason! Muggings do happen, as in the rest of the world, but this happens much less here than in a lot of western countries.

Totally agree with you. (He also said he reported it to the Immigration Police, who wouldn't be interested as it's nothing to do with them!).

I still feel safer here than many UK cities and towns. And much safer than Manila.

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

"If i've told you once I've told you a thousand bloody times." A quote from my mother.

My ma used to exactly the same , but once and never again , ' If i've told you once I have told you a 1000 times , stop repeating what I say '.

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's been unsafe for the thirty years I've been coming here and I've heard it has been unsafe for the previous 2000 years,it's part of the appeal.

It’s certainly not a bit safe for the Thais (murder, rape, road accidents etc).  Just watch the Thai news for a couple of weeks and you wonder how you ended up here.

2 minutes ago, rwill said:

I would say it is safe.  To me it seems the bombs were designed and placed to not cause much damage.  

Unlike Thai pick-up drivers who mow people down at random.  You are far safer walking in BKK than you are on the roads in Thailand for sure.    But does that make Thailand safe ?

4 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

As I remember, the same was said after the Erewan Shrine bombing after 20 people were killed....must be part of the oath they take when assuming office

Indeed!

In this instance may we take "assuming" to mean

": having or showing the attitude of someone who assumes something that should not be assumed : PRETENTIOUS, PRESUMPTUOUS" 

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assuming  :sorry:

Yeah safe as long as you keep off the roads and don't try to cross one on foot, as long as you a very careful around electrical installations, don't criticize the the upper echelons and keep away from the millions of soi dogs, safe as house matey. ????

Archived