Thailand is safe assures tourism minister in PR visit after bombings

rooster59

Well, you probably won't end up losing limbs - like some tourists did a number of years ago in bangkok- due to bombs. 

But Thailand is now a totalitarian state, with constant monitoring of your every movements by not just immigration but also all businesses are now agents of the state aand part of the gestapo - banks , hotels, phone companies, rental companies etc - all want to check your visa!!!!! 

Thailand might not be in the same league as North Korea, but it is not a welcoming country for foriegn visitors. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sonhia said:

B.S! 

I was attacked two weeks ago,  in public by a Thai secruity guard for no reason! I reported the attack to Thai Tourist Board, Immgration Police in Pattaya, who are a waste of time, plus the RTP. To date nothing has materialized!

If I attack a Thai, all hell would break loose?

Thailand has become very unsafe and racist. Sign of the times and a fact!' 

What were you doing that prompted the attack?

1 minute ago, Time Traveller said:

Well, you probably won't end up losing limbs - like some tourists did a number of years ago in bankgok- due to bombs. 

But Thailand is now a totalitarian state, with constant monitoring of your every movements by not just immigration but also all businesses are now agents of the state aand part of the gestapo - banks , hotels, phone companies - all want to check your visa!!!!! 

Thailand might not be in the same league as North Korea, but it is not a welcoming country for foriegn visitors.

I would say that banks, hotels etc are the ones living in fear if they DON'T check your visa. Foreign visitors are "collateral damage" 

Yep ! Thailand is a real safe Country to visit.

We only have almost Daily Bombings and Shootings in the Southern Provinces.

There is also a really large outbreak of Dengue Fever spreading across the North East region, that seems to be getting worse by the Day

And for your pleasure, we now have bombs in the Capital, Bangkok.

All of these extras are of Course, in addition to the regular offerings of Scammers, Thieves, Food Poisoning, and Unsafe Boat trips that we offer.

Welcome to Thailand where we relish your Money.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand is safe assures tourism minister in PR visit after bombings

They shut down Hua Hin last night, big night markets (Takiab), the entire downtown nightlife area - everything forced to close - it was a ghost town on a Friday night.

Why did they do that if it's safe out there?

Was Bangkok open as usual?

The mindset is that their audience is mostly simple minded Thais and that kind of meaningless utterance is all that’s required there. However they cannot make the mental leap to understand that Westerners are rather more perceptive and questioning and see right through their nonsensical assurances. 

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's been unsafe for the thirty years I've been coming here and I've heard it has been unsafe for the previous 2000 years,it's part of the appeal.

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's been unsafe for the thirty years I've been coming here and I've heard it has been unsafe for the previous 2000 years,it's part of the appeal.

Ya lets all line up to be ripped off!

Swarmed by little man syndrome goofs!

Hey lets all pay $2 for  .50 cent pint because its so <deleted> wonerful here! 

Hey lets give our money to countries that deserve our <deleted> money.

The appeal has worn off buddy! I for one will be enjoying my time in a state of reality because this bullshit bubblegum smoke and mirrors military state does not deserve any respect! 

I have to admit i will enjoy reading about the idiots being ripped off while i enjoy reading the augmented reality these worms squirm around in. 

Vote with your money! Get off your lazy asses and spend your dollars elsewhere or things will never change! 

33 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They shut down Hua Hin last night, big night markets (Takiab), the entire downtown nightlife area - everything forced to close - it was a ghost town on a Friday night.

Why did they do that if it's safe out there?

Was Bangkok open as usual?

That's wonderful for tourism, what's next curfews?

"Pipat Ratchakitprakarn joined with Tourism Authority of Thailand officials and Tourist Police on a PR exercise in Yaowarat Road." 

Are these the people that said that tourist figures were up in Phuket a few days ago when in fact they were at least 30% down? If yes, then I have nothing further to add!

OK, OK and OK. I survived through the IRA bombs in London UK in the 70s which was a very tence time for all working and living in London (apart from the bombers!). I recall then all the bins and letter boxes were blocked.  Not sure if that has appened on Bangkok or around Thailand especially in tourists hot spots?

I would like to believe as a British foreign living in Bangkok (That a Thai national says it's safe! I wonder if that statement is really true)

However these events of bombs being set off in the capital has been going on for several years and clearly is NOT resolved!

Of course foreign tourists with young families must be concerned with Friday's 2nd August bombs in Bangkok and were all bombs reported by the media . Mm i Wonder.

Of course it pays to be careful at stressful times like this, report anything suspicious. Be diligent and steer clear of busy areas across Thailand, if possible!

To that end and to all try and stay safe!

I'm sure tourist figures next month release be impressive now tourists getting more bang for their Baht .

MRT and skytrain main stations always been high risk for bombing and between poor security and over crowded platforms due to running minimal equipment it could be horrific and unfortunately too easy implemented .

Archived