Fishing

eezergood

6 minutes ago, eezergood said:

such as......... ????

I see guys fishing from the rocks on the north end of kamala beach everyday. Sometimes they are also on the south end during high season.

I also see guys fishing from the rocky north end of patong beach and from the rocks around Kalima beach.

i guess they are also fishing from anywhere there is a rocky outcrop along most other beaches as well.

I wouldn't take a young child any where near those rocks at the ends of several west coast beaches. Too many deaths caused by slips, or being washed off by rogue waves.

Why don't you try one of the piers. Many don't allow fishing, but, that doesn't seem to stop people.

Try Ao Yon near the end of Cape Panwa.   There's a rocky headland that separates the 2 beaches, and a couple of beachside restaurants nearby for refreshments.   For directions Google The Ship Inn.   A very safe area and parking next to a small bridge.

20190731_081713.jpg

Head over to Chalong, go past the Zoo that should be condemned, all the way to the end of the road, you can either head out to the end of the warf or if your on a scooter go left before you go onto the warf and follow the path along beside the water, go all the way to the end, plenty of nice spots along there and a great place for the young fella to cast and get the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived