More bad foreigners arrested thanks to "Biometrics" at Thai airports

rooster59

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What has biometrics got to do with realising the stamp was fake, when it goes on to say he had no official entry stamp in the system?

Is everyone jumping on the biometrics bandwagon?

Don't worry - they'll find another new toy to play with when they get bored with this one....about a week i'd say !:whistling: 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

New biometrics system, it's easy as A B C

regards worgeordie

C = colour of skin, hope they were not whiteys ?.

No racist remark intended , just thinking ..

2 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Is the penalty for "theft during the hours of darkness" any different than for "theft during the hours of daylight"??

Yes it is. Surprised to find out that it also applies differently in Australia as well

{Section 335. Certain Types of Theft

Whoever commits theft under any of the following circumstances:
  1. By night;

Shall be punished with imprisonment of one to five years and fined of two thousand to ten thousand Baht.    }

16 minutes ago, VBF said:

And fly out...........every time! ????

22 minutes ago, VBF said:

Don't worry - they'll find another new toy to play with when they get bored with this one....about a week i'd say !:whistling: 

Correct , there is no money in biometrics..

4 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It is meant to promote Thailand's ability to combat crime

I think they should be more concerned about the repercussion with labelling all foreigners as criminals through sensation media reports long before they have landed. Seems tourist statistics show that already.

12 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

and other countries that have had it for use for years still screw it up as evidenced by the convicted pedophile that was allowed to travel over here after a name change..

Was he not allowed to travel?

Is the penalty for "theft during the hours of darkness" any different than for "theft during the hours of daylight"??

If there is no difference, then can someone please tell the Thai translator to drop the portion of the statement "during the hours of darkness."

Yes there is - in Thailand the penalty for theft during the hours of darkness is more sever than daytime theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Check all the foreign girly bars in Thailand. You should be able to round up at least a 1,000 in a few days. Maybe a good idea to have your prints taken whenever to renew your visa. Time to thin out the foreign trash in Thailand.

German Pedophiles.png

Meh, the airport makes more sense than your 'round up the evil people that appreciate sexy forms' rant.

16 hours ago, thedemon said:

From the descriptions in the article, it seems to me that none of those arrests was due to biometrics.

Agree with you. Quote Google: Biometrics is the measurement and statistical analysis of people's unique physical and behavioral characteristics.

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Naew Na reported that immigration police acting on the orders of chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang had arrested three more unwanted foreigners for crimes committed in Thailand.

They said that the biometric system had helped identify the culprits and their crimes.

It was all part of orders from the top - that meant PM Prayut Chan-ocha and RTP commander Gen Chakthip Chaijinda.

Am I to assume then that if it were not for the boss so ordering, these people would have not been arrested?

17 hours ago, Gumballl said:

If there is no difference, then can someone please tell the Thai translator to drop the portion of the statement "during the hours of darkness."

It shows intent, during the day you have a valid reason to be somewhere, work etc. At night most places are shut so why are you there. 

17 hours ago, Brigand said:

Nothing wrong with getting rid of the garbage. It's just that they need to learn to differentiate between the garbage and those who are a benefit/plus to Thailand by being here and not just tarnishing all with the same brush assuming that all foreigners are criminals ... not so. 

Yes, and yes again. 

By all means prevent the bad guys from coming in, and throw out those already here. 

But stop harassing us good folk who are living quietly, honestly, and making significant financial contributions to our communities — and the government. 

Every one of us has given valuable support and assistance to Thais. 

18 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Yes it is different. Generally theft at night receives twice the sentence as daylight theft. The reasoning explained to me was daylight theft is considered a crime of opportunity (I see it - I want it - I took it) wereas night theft is considered premeditated.

I don't see any of AB or C being as a result of any biometrics, purely current systems (Immigration database for example) checking against passport numbers and entry/exits.

A for sure would show no official entry so would stop any exit till entry stamp checked.

B Again checking passport against the police database for a 'wanted' person.

C Same as B only more stupid.

I was fingerprinted entering Suvarnabhumi about 3 weeks ago for the first time so I now know I am in the database. This how the database is built up over time it is too recent to hold data for good guys or bad guys until they too are registered. At the moment there must be very little data available as it has only recently been launched. I believe the true biometric database will eventually be very effective, and these claims will be justified but I'd say it's premature to say it's already working. 

Why couldn't the title of the article read, "three criminals apprehended with the help of biometrics"?  Instead they try to make it look like all foreigners are bad by stating more bad foreigners arrested by use of biometrics.  It clearly alters the purpose of the article.  To highlight the biometrics technology.  It's no wonder that Thai people now see all foreigners as disease rather than an asset.  It's truly sad that all foreigners are put in the same category. I truly love Thailand and the Thai people but all this hate mongering is really making me consider moving to a more foreigner friendly place.

18 hours ago, BestB said:

Considering that there are 30 million of foreigners visiting Thailand ,

On 7/30/2019 at 8:08 AM, thirdleg said:

And a ageing population that will cause huge problems by the 2030s

"crime rate is minimalistic by foreigners "

So why does 90-day reporting focus exclusively on non-Thai?

Archived