'Many killed' in shooting at Walmart in El Paso; suspect in custody

rooster59

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Sorry I disagree . I don't see him directing people to go out to kill 

Substitute "influence" for "directing" and maybe the lights will come on for you.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TERRIBLE! My. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims and to El Paso! 

The 2nd. Amendment does NOT say anything about ammunition! Wake the hell up American.. keep the guns ... but BAN THE BULLETS! Or tax the hell out of them... oh and shut down the myopic self serving and gun lobby NRA! 

AGAIN...wake up America. Assault weapons are for military use... PERIOD!

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The images showed a young white man wearing glasses, khaki trousers and a dark T-shirt, and pointing an assault-style rifle. He appears to be wearing headphones or ear defenders.

safe on the mass shooting range …  so american  

the victims did not wear bulletproof vests, unfortunately

next time they'll know

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

But I have to ask why did you or your family actually need to own guns anyway ?

fair question, many years we lived in a rural area in tex.  had guns for shooting dove, deer hunting, snake, feral cats, squirrel, rabbits, etc. by age 14 i had a semi auto .22 rifle and pistol, shotgun and a enfield 303. now no guns.  in thoes days no gun control laws per se. state laws on conceled weapons, etc. but virurely anybody could buy.

1 minute ago, IraqRon said:

fair question, many years we lived in a rural area in tex.  had guns for shooting dove, deer hunting, snake, feral cats, squirrel, rabbits, etc. by age 14 i had a semi auto .22 rifle and pistol, shotgun and a enfield 303. now no guns.  in thoes days no gun control laws per se. state laws on conceled weapons, etc. but virurely anybody could buy.

Ok that was the way you were brought up so for a youngster you would have considered that was normal to have a gun to shoot innocent animals presumably for sport as opposed to needing something to eat daily ? But now as an adult, do you consider that is still a good  thing to do in this day and age ? Not knocking you, I am just trying to understand the concept of why people consider gun ownership still necessary.

3 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If the US citizenry won't get their governmental representatives to act and acquiesce to the "hopes and prayers" BS, then they will have to accept that this will happen again and again. 

It's the 250 th since the beginning of 2019 (214 days) with four or more victims according to the NGO

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

We need to act, there is more and more of this happening every week, 

Very very sad. This is crazy!!!

This  happened in Texas where a large percentage carry, and it did not stop this.

More guns is not the answer. People don't need military style rifles to hunt.

How many lives must be lost before we act???

He could have done the same without a "military style" rifle. Any semi-automatic handgun or pump shotgun could have done the same. Or would a truck plowing down a densely-packed promenade make you feel better? Or a pressure cooker bomb? The dream of banning guns in America will be met with the same success as the attempts to ban drugs and illegal aliens.  The only way to actually rid all three, and not simply pass more unenforced laws, would be to give up our freedoms and embrace fascism. Do we really want to go there?  Without due process, doors will have to be kicked-in and people dragged away. How many more prisons can we build? The task would be so large the marines would have to be called in to apply their Fallujah-style tactics of house to house combat on otherwise law abiding citizens. And in the end, criminals will have their guns and the cartels will just have another product to sell on the black market. The real issue is understanding what has changed in our society that is creating more and more sick minds.

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Act! How! Mental competency screening for every citizen who has a  license! Should Americans walk into the police station upon demand and hand over their weapons! Maybe stop making and selling ak's!

Yes...

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Ok that was the way you were brought up so for a youngster you would have considered that was normal to have a gun to shoot innocent animals presumably for sport as opposed to needing something to eat daily ? But now as an adult, do you consider that is still a good  thing to do in this day and age ? Not knocking you, I am just trying to understand the concept of why people consider gun ownership still necessary.

thats a tough question to give a short answer to.  we didn't need to kill game to survive, but did eat them. i do think legal game hunting is fine, the fish and game officials strickly study the game regs. to ensure the sustainability of the populations.

the feral cats were very bad for the rabbitts, quail, and other critters who ground nested being an invasive species.  

so i believe sport hunting legally is ok, i switched to trout fishing late in life and lost interest in game hunting by twenty five y.o

have you ever eaten an elk steak?? aroi dee.

7 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

thats a tough question to give a short answer to.  we didn't need to kill game to survive, but did eat them. i do think legal game hunting is fine, the fish and game officials strickly study the game regs. to ensure the sustainability of the populations.

the feral cats were very bad for the rabbitts, quail, and other critters who ground nested being an invasive species.  

so i believe sport hunting legally is ok, i switched to trout fishing late in life and lost interest in game hunting by twenty five y.o

have you ever eaten an elk steak?? aroi dee.

No but have eaten reindeer many times. But they were humanly killed and not shot, well the Finns told me that anyway. Trout fishing is fine, man against animal with a fly is bit different to man against something else with an automatic rifle though.  Hardly a sport in my view. However we are going a bit of subject but thanks for your insights anyway.

47 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

IMO the difference today is that hate is 1 click away, so if you're half on the edge already it's very easy to find online gasoline to feed that raging fire in the brain..

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Sorry I disagree . I don't see him directing people to go out to kill 

You're right,  he is'nt , he is only ….. " Working with State and Local authorities, and Law Enforcement" 

Correct?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Though I am a moderate democrat, I not only support the death penalty, but I say in cases like this one, where there were multiple witnesses, and at least four deaths, eliminate the need for a trial altogether, have a small tribunal pronounce a sentence of death within 48 hours of the event, and take the perpetrator off the face of the earth. It ends up costing the state a few thousand dollars, instead of tens of millions per death, in California, due to a decades long appeal process. If the burden of proof is this simple, why not just do it? Clean up America. 

And I have said it before, and I will say it again. White American men, are the scariest and most dangerous people in the country. Most mass murders are committed by them, and an awful lot of them are insane and unhinged, and full of hatred. I say that as a white American man. 

White men have been committing atrocities around the world for millenia. Columbus himself was a good example. He wrote back to Spain, about how docile the locals were, and how ripe for slavery they were. Is that the expression of dignity? Cortez is another great example of a white terrorist. White men are capable of committing some horrendous act of murder, genocide, and cruelty. 

What nonsense. Substitute Black for White in your statement and see how racist you sound.

40 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

He could have done the same without a "military style" rifle. Any semi-automatic handgun or pump shotgun could have done the same. Or would a truck plowing down a densely-packed promenade make you feel better? Or a pressure cooker bomb? The dream of banning guns in America will be met with the same success as the attempts to ban drugs and illegal aliens.  The only way to actually rid all three, and not simply pass more unenforced laws, would be to give up our freedoms and embrace fascism. Do we really want to go there?  Without due process, doors will have to be kicked-in and people dragged away. How many more prisons can we build? The task would be so large the marines would have to be called in to apply their Fallujah-style tactics of house to house combat on otherwise law abiding citizens. And in the end, criminals will have their guns and the cartels will just have another product to sell on the black market. The real issue is understanding what has changed in our society that is creating more and more sick minds.

Some refreshing common sense compared to the Liberal nonsense spouted on here.

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

We need to act, there is more and more of this happening every week, 

Very very sad. This is crazy!!!

This  happened in Texas where a large percentage carry, and it did not stop this.

More guns is not the answer. People don't need military style rifles to hunt.

How many lives must be lost before we act???

Before “we” act? Step one would be for YOU to go to America and try to start a petition or something? Maybe try to start a group of some kind that people can be a part of for protesting? Case studies you can present to Congress on why guns are bad? 

But, you won’t do that. Because like the rest of us, you want someone else to deal with the problem so you can continue living your normal life. 

So unless you’re going to hop on a plane and make an effort to get this situation sorted please don’t take the high road saying what “we” should do. when YOU are not going to do anything.

6 hours ago, Tug said:

It’s coming out he is an anti immigrant white nationalist the cops need to be given the tools to take guns away from the nut jobs

I agree! For example, the people invading foreign countries and killing civilians with guns and violent tech. Get the guns away from those lunatics! 

Quote"-

"U.S. President Donald Trump said on Twitter that the reports from El Paso were "very bad, many killed."

Now will YOU do something about your ridiculous gun laws? Of course not - the pro-gun lobby contributed huge sums to your Presidency campaign! 

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Those latter three were famous for the pursuit of ideologies, whereas this latest tragedy in El Paso appears to be the pursuit of one individual solely because  he wanted infamy.

No. Texas Wal-Mart killer appears to ideologically motivated as well.

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No. Texas Wal-Mart killer appears to ideologically motivated as well.

No proof, heresy only currently and will be until after the court case so wait for facts not invent them. The other three mentioned are historically proven.

Archived