30 Day visa extension for child and dad

Hi Folks

Im a Brit, my daughter is a dual passport holder. We entered Thailand on a 30 visa at the airport, I used her Brit passport as the Thai one is out of date.

I need to get an extension in Samui - is it still 15 days or can we get 30 days? Also I know the fee for me is 1900 but I seem to remember they was previously no charge for a child. My wife is on holiday and not with us, so only me to sign is ok right?

Thanks ahead of time

You would get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entries.

It will be the same 1900 baht fee for both of you. You can sign the TM7 form for her.

Children under the age of 15 are not fined for an overstay. Up to you whether it is worth getting the 30 day extension or not for her.

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Just so you know for the future: She can enter with her expired Thai passport

But she would not be able to leave the country with it. Apparently it would be a problem for her to get a new passport since her mother is not here.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entries.

It will be the same 1900 baht fee for both of you. You can sign the TM7 form for her.

Children under the age of 15 are not fined for an overstay. Up to you whether it is worth getting the 30 day extension or not for her.

Thanks pal, I appreciate your time. I think we will keep it legal and get her the extension also. Thanks again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just so you know for the future: She can enter with her expired Thai passport

Thanks - I prefer her to travel as a Brit, I don't even want the Thai passport but the wife does. Its a complicated story ???? All the same, thank you

Easy peasy - thanks Gents. I and out in 10 minutes. Usual farang nonsense in their with chaps who 'have lived her 14 years' but couldn't speak a word of Thai getting snotty with the staff -all taken in their stride, good service better than we used to get all over thailand. Well organised. 

Cheers again