BANGKOK
tomster

Which area of Isaan has the most expats?

Guys,

Looking for a bit of info that will help with some marketing I am planning, as no official stats are available I thought I would ask the font of knowledge that exists within TV... 🙏

So, as per the title, which area/province of Isaan would have the highest concentration of expats? Specifically, the highest concentration of expats living in houses as opposed to condos.

Many thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

Impossible to say anywhere. You would need to ask immigration.

I was at immigration in Buriram once and this subject came up. At the time there were over 1000 expats registered with them.

So that is 1000 with extensions. How many others on visa exempt, tourists or multi entry visas was not known.

• Like 1

You need to be much more specific.  concentration by population head per dwelling or Population per Sq Km . You do understand the current the numbers of condos in Issan are not remotely like major cities like Bangkok or Pattaya do you ?

I actually know of no foreigner in my area of Issan ( (UT) that lives in a condo. In fact why would anyone wish to when you can live in a house ?

However I would suspect the highest concentration of foreigners would be found by population densities in other words Korat followed by Khon Kaen followed  Udon Thani and  Ubon Ratchathani . That's the cities. Other than that no idea.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Why focus on one specific area. 2-3 Have highish numbers and the trend is not condo dwellers. I think most can agree on that.

I don't think the numbers too high in khon Kaen. Regularly see the same faces. That is khon Kaen city though. Hazard a guess:

250-350 white males in khon Kaen.

Edited by Mikisteel
  • Like 1

Yes I wouls have thought numbers pretty low, but I did actually see some specific figures (cant remember number) but it was huge. Must be a few out in the boonies

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Areas I’m familiar with I’m in the middle of the two.

khon Kaen and Udon Thani

D0845817-15C1-4DA6-ABFD-ECACB906D302.jpeg