BANGKOK
Longcut

SURVEY TM-30

Do you find that you and your family take less domestic vacations and trips out of the province, now that the TM-30's are being enforced?

Would you be willing to take more trips domestically and spend more money in country, if the TM-30 was abolished?

Is it just the hassle of having to report to immigration upon your return home that keeps you from taking these trips?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not all Immigration offices are enforcing the rule where you have to submit a new report after a trip within Thailand.  I suspect it will be dropped nationally soon. 

But, with all the publicity and headlines this subject is making. Maybe most don't know if they are subject to it or not. I am not even sure if my Province wants one after a week long trip domestically. After all, the hotels are going to report me as staying there. Something I will have to check during my next visit to immigration.

• Like 2

No.

No. Went to CW to get the elusive username/password for the app. Takes 2 minutes to update after returning home from a hotel stay or flight abroad.
  • Like 1

Not all Immigration offices are enforcing the rule where you have to submit a new report after a trip within Thailand.  I suspect it will be dropped nationally soon. 

I hope you are right about it being dropped but unfortunately it is becoming popular !!

This week in two separate cases of foreigners being caught for criminal activity their landlords were also fined for not registering the foreigner at their address.
( 1 was the Algerians on the BTS story, I forget the other ).

What next ?
A minor traffic accident and the BIB will be checking your landlord/wife/gf for TM 30 enforcement ??

If it means money changing hands then very likely !!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Certainly, I hope you are correct. A good deal of issues with immigration requirements come from not having clear, enforced regulations coming out of Bangkok. ALL offices across Thailand should be enforcing the Thai law as required by the Immigration Head Office in Bangkok. No more of this, we'll, today in this office we will very our interpretation of the law/regulation.

Edited by wwest5829

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Before i stayed in Udon, now in Chiang Mai, both immigration offices don't require a new TM30 after travelling to another province, so it doesn't have any impact on domestic travels for me.

Hmm, we are hearing a conflicting report from you as many have been told by Chiang Mai Immigration that a TM-30 is required each time you spend any nights outside the province. I do not doubt what your experience has been. I tell newcomers that you can be told different things at different offices or even within the same office. A large part of our confusion.

• Like 2