SURVEY TM-30

Longcut

Do you find that you and your family take less domestic vacations and trips out of the province, now that the TM-30's are being enforced?

Would you be willing to take more trips domestically and spend more money in country, if the TM-30 was abolished?

Is it just the hassle of having to report to immigration upon your return home that keeps you from taking these trips?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Not all Immigration offices are enforcing the rule where you have to submit a new report after a trip within Thailand.  I suspect it will be dropped nationally soon. 

But, with all the publicity and headlines this subject is making. Maybe most don't know if they are subject to it or not. I am not even sure if my Province wants one after a week long trip domestically. After all, the hotels are going to report me as staying there. Something I will have to check during my next visit to immigration.

• Like 2

Not all Immigration offices are enforcing the rule where you have to submit a new report after a trip within Thailand.  I suspect it will be dropped nationally soon. 

I hope you are right about it being dropped but unfortunately it is becoming popular !!

This week in two separate cases of foreigners being caught for criminal activity their landlords were also fined for not registering the foreigner at their address.
( 1 was the Algerians on the BTS story, I forget the other ).

What next ?
A minor traffic accident and the BIB will be checking your landlord/wife/gf for TM 30 enforcement ??

If it means money changing hands then very likely !!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Certainly, I hope you are correct. A good deal of issues with immigration requirements come from not having clear, enforced regulations coming out of Bangkok. ALL offices across Thailand should be enforcing the Thai law as required by the Immigration Head Office in Bangkok. No more of this, we'll, today in this office we will very our interpretation of the law/regulation.

Edited by wwest5829

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Before i stayed in Udon, now in Chiang Mai, both immigration offices don't require a new TM30 after travelling to another province, so it doesn't have any impact on domestic travels for me.

Hmm, we are hearing a conflicting report from you as many have been told by Chiang Mai Immigration that a TM-30 is required each time you spend any nights outside the province. I do not doubt what your experience has been. I tell newcomers that you can be told different things at different offices or even within the same office. A large part of our confusion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I hope you are right about it being dropped but unfortunately it is becoming popular !!

This week in two separate cases of foreigners being caught for criminal activity their landlords were also fined for not registering the foreigner at their address.
( 1 was the Algerians on the BTS story, I forget the other ).

What next ?
A minor traffic accident and the BIB will be checking your landlord/wife/gf for TM 30 enforcement ??

If it means money changing hands then very likely !!

No doubt you have read the newspaper this morning (online too). I read this morning that although it was admitted that there are problems with the TM 30, a police spokesman said the TM 30 will continue to be enforced. No doubt this will appear on TV forum later today.

35 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

No doubt you have read the newspaper this morning (online too). I read this morning that although it was admitted that there are problems with the TM 30, a police spokesman said the TM 30 will continue to be enforced. No doubt this will appear on TV forum later today.

It would help a lot if the rules were published in a correct and simple way.

For example the newspaper which may not be linked to has put a graphic in their newest article, which is supposed to explain TM30, but this graphic is giving wrong information in every single paragraph, and it even says "Source: Immigration Bureau", this just leads to further confusion.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

Yes. I don't travel domestically or internationally so much. Before used to go whenever we fancied. Now, with the hassle of trooping off to immigration the day after we get back, with all the copies, and hanging around so an IO can eventually spend several minutes staring at the same information they already have!

Can't be bothered so only travel now if good reason.

• Like 1

Been over to Laos 3 times in as many weeks moving my personal stuff.  Don't do TM-30 when I return to my rented house.  Not a problem for me because I'll be gone from Thailand in exactly 12 days.  I'm on an Elite visa.

I find myself feeling almost like a prisoner.

I rent a house, as I cannot buy one. Can’t and never stayed in a condo.

i like travelling in and out of Thailand. But the TM-30 makes my landlord, annoyed and frustrated as he is often busy with his own business affairs.

It is making me fearful of even thinking of going out of my house for a weekend in and out of the country, and afraid to even breach the subject with my landlord.

I truly hope the authority find a decent and practical solution.

I am a 69 years old retiree and not sure how much of a risk I represent to Thailand.

I would be even willing to wear a bracelet or something that constantly report my location. I am sure my cell phone does that already.