SURVEY TM-30

Longcut

It should also be noted that we are required to link our identity to our cellphone number... I assume the Immigration & BIB can access our exact location by popping on a computer...

So our cellphones are just like ankle bracelets... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin

7 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

So our cellphones are just like ankle bracelets... :coffee1:

As is the case in most of the world. Which is why I laugh at the faux/misguided outrage when people talk about things like this ... we've already given away our privacy.

And I have already been waiting a username and password for nearly 3 months without joy. I am still waiting.

Nor do they pick up the phone on their website hotline.

I assume you live in Bkk. I was in the same situation and over several weeks waiting wasted so much time at work and home checking the status of my username/password application online that I asked my wife if she could go into CW to submit a hard copy of the TM30 and get the login details which she did. By the sounds of what my wife reported back, the immigration lady responsible for issuing login details to Bkk residents had given up since early May and was only handing them out to people turning up at CW and asking for them. She had a queue as well. This was mid June so hopefully since then she’s got her second wind and booted up her computer to get through the back log.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

It's perfectly clear that they don't give a rat's ass about foreigners. What is needed is the hotels, guest houses, and landlords to get involved. Maybe the TAT would get involved if Thai tourism is affected. The TAT make an impact since Immigration contributes nothing to the GDP.

Thing is the hotel & guest house owners & landlords are all (well 99.9%) Thais, so they don't give a rat's ass about foreigners either. 

1 hour ago, guru said:

I assume you live in Bkk. I was in the same situation and over several weeks waiting wasted so much time at work and home checking the status of my username/password application online that I asked my wife if she could go into CW to submit a hard copy of the TM30 and get the login details which she did. By the sounds of what my wife reported back, the immigration lady responsible for issuing login details to Bkk residents had given up since early May and was only handing them out to people turning up at CW and asking for them. She had a queue as well. This was mid June so hopefully since then she’s got her second wind and booted up her computer to get through the back log.

Guru,

Thanks for the info.

Actually I am Isaarn based.

Guru,

Thanks for the info.

Actually I am Isaarn based.

Well that has thrown me now. Reading reports on here of many waiting months and some just a couple of days I thought I had worked out a pattern of Bkk residents = absurdly long wait v other provinces = short wait. With you being from Isaan that’s obviously not the case and some other illogical random immigration algorithm is at play.

1 hour ago, andynyc2003 said:

We just went to sriracha immigration to report after I came back from a domestic trip to Kanchanaburi and Bangkok, I was told only after foreign travels need to report within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 13.38.29.png

1 hour ago, andynyc2003 said:

We just went to sriracha immigration to report after I came back from a domestic trip to Kanchanaburi and Bangkok, I was told only after foreign travels need to report within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Common sense being applied.  I believe that Chaengwattana are also adopting this more flexible interpretation.

MAYbe i do not understand something?

Why would you report your trip out of the province? Jwalking and even oral sex are illegal is some states, that does not mean you need to go report yourself. There are all sorts of ridiculous examples, in every country, that everyone does, that are "illegal". 

I am lost. Do not get so many of these posts.

Tm30 yourself, then, don't "go anywhere"... meaning... well u know what i mean i hope. 

Edited by meand
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:55 PM, emptypockets said:

Where is the survey? Normally on this forum there are a few options to vote for.

Personally I have never done one in 7 years. Stay in a BKK hotel coming into the country. Go see the wife for a couple of weeks and stay in a BKK hotel on the way back to work. Guess Immigration think I stay in BKK for the duration. I asked wifey about the TM 30 thing....no idea whatsoever and I doubt any other person around here has either. I have zero interaction with immigration apart from passport control at Suvarnabhumi.

Non event as far as I'm concerned. If I get fined a couple of hundred bucks so be it. Maybe I'll change my behaviour after that. Not likely though!!

mate, I am in the same boat, never filled one out and immigration have never told me I had to. I live with my wife and have the yellow book for our house, if we travel anywhere in Thailand, the hotel booking has always been under her name, when we come back in from overseas the tm 6 has our address on it so that to me has always been enough. Till I am told different by immigration I will keep doing the same thing, will see what happens next time we go anywhere

Never have reported an out of province journey, never have presented my passport when checking in at a hotel use only my drivers license and never had a problem Thai Immigration. I will not comply with a law than on its face is a joke, let them fine me that 1600 Baht if they even catch my law breaking escapades.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app