LINE search question

cheeryble

I use an iPad but figured this was a busier forum and covers the subject.

OK

IF I want to add someone I go tp HOME then near the top left there's a little person with + logo........add someone.

It then goes to a choice between searching for a name (or skypename) or a phone number.

Several times now I've put someone's phone number in and clicked search.

It brings up this message

IMG_7687.jpg.e25fdd1e8755bbdf15826f1058ce1888.jpg

If I put in a phone number i get this:

IMG_7690.thumb.jpg.0990744ab6cce81e3e84dda3be7c391d.jpg

Now this is rather scary.

It sounds like I might lose all my LINE contacts.

I'm NOT sure I want to continue

Any advice please?

Thanks!

You aren't allowed to use Line on 2 devices.

You should back up your previous device then proceed.

Hi Pravda
I do all my LINEing on an iPad mini.....bigger keypad
I do have LINE installed on my android phone but I believe it’s unregistered as if I click I get this
IMG_7709.JPG
And it asks for my phone number. I never go past this stage.
I have passed on two or three iPads and minis to nieces etc.
It’s not impossible LINE is installed in one or more of them in fact I remember having another LINE account with a diffferent profile.
I know I know I should be more careful.
But Pravda it sounds like u think I have two devices with the same account in.
I didn’t know that....though my memory ain’t great.
What told u that?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

You can't install the same LINE account on two different mobile devices but you can install the same (mobile) account onto your Windows PC and use it on either.

Some mobile phones have the option of having two separate line accounts on the one phone (there's also an app available for phones that don't have that option built in), but they are for totally separate accounts only.

https://www.linepc.me/download-line-pc-for-windows

On 8/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, sumrit said:

You can't install the same LINE account on two different mobile devices but you can install the same (mobile) account onto your Windows PC and use it on either.

Some mobile phones have the option of having two separate line accounts on the one phone (there's also an app available for phones that don't have that option built in), but they are for totally separate accounts only.

https://www.linepc.me/download-line-pc-for-windows

Thanks for the link. here's my situation: thai frinee dinstalled Line on my phone. now i want to add the same account on to my Surface (Win 10 Tablet): everythink ok, until i try to sign in; on the list of coutries,  Thailand is not listed. what does this mean? tia.

COMPUTERS LINE HOW TO SIGN UP Capture.PNG

13 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Thanks for the link. here's my situation: thai frinee dinstalled Line on my phone. now i want to add the same account on to my Surface (Win 10 Tablet): everythink ok, until i try to sign in; on the list of coutries,  Thailand is not listed. what does this mean? tia.

Not sure, I read about the windows option so I downloaded it and it worked fine. The only issue I had when I signed in was I was given two ways to sign in. I think one was via my email address and the other was via a QR code. I can't remember which way round it was but, with one option you get a warning message that all your contact will be deleted. I went back and chose the other option. There was no warning and all my contacts and message info were saved. Not sure but I think it was choosing the email option that saved all the settings.

What home country is your windows set to on your tablet settings? If it's another country maybe LINE is not available/compatible with that country. Just guessing, if it's nothing to do with that are you using a VPN?

On 8/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, sumrit said:

Not sure, I read about the windows option so I downloaded it and it worked fine. The only issue I had when I signed in was I was given two ways to sign in. I think one was via my email address and the other was via a QR code. I can't remember which way round it was but, with one option you get a warning message that all your contact will be deleted. I went back and chose the other option. There was no warning and all my contacts and message info were saved. Not sure but I think it was choosing the email option that saved all the settings.

What home country is your windows set to on your tablet settings? If it's another country maybe LINE is not available/compatible with that country. Just guessing, if it's nothing to do with that are you using a VPN?

Win 10 home country setting is Canada and yes, I'm using a vpn. actually i seem to have managed ot get registered. An Amrerican firend says he found me on his LIne app and he sent me a message. Unfortunately, when i try to log in to Line, on my tablet, i get a message (screen grab) telling me to enter this verification code on my mobile (i asssume that is my cell phone) It gives its own message 'temp. error' . btw, does Line work, if i am using home wifi? (as Whats app does not - it needs me to turn on mobile data). i know i will get there! tia.

LINE ERROR MESSAGE Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Win 10 home country setting is Canada and yes, I'm using a vpn. actually i seem to have managed ot get registered. An Amrerican firend says he found me on his LIne app and he sent me a message. Unfortunately, when i try to log in to Line, on my tablet, i get a message (screen grab) telling me to enter this verification code on my mobile (i asssume that is my cell phone) It gives its own message 'temp. error' . btw, does Line work, if i am using home wifi? (as Whats app does not - it needs me to turn on mobile data). i know i will get there! tia.

Firstly yes, LINE does work using wifi.

When your friend sent you a message did you receive that message on your mobile phone? The message you're getting is because you're using your tablet and the windows version of Line for the first time. They will normally have sent you a message via your mobile (cell) phone for you to input that code via your mobile. Did your friend put the correct mobile number in when he installed LINE on your phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, sumrit said:

My gf has Line installed on both her i-Phone and i-pad although the i-pad does not have a cellular connection. So presume that is the same effect as having it on a mobile and pc? Isn't that what @cheeryble was originally trying to do?

14 hours ago, topt said:

My gf has Line installed on both her i-Phone and i-pad although the i-pad does not have a cellular connection. So presume that is the same effect as having it on a mobile and pc? Isn't that what @cheeryble was originally trying to do?

Is it the same line account on both devices or are they separate accounts?

When my daughter tried using Apple products to install LINE she first installed it on her i-pad and has been using it for a long time. But, to install LINE on her i-phone, trying to install the same account resulted in it being removed from her i-pad. She had to set up a separate account to have them on both devices. Also, I have the same account on both my Android phone and windows laptop, but when my daughter tried to add one of her accounts to her Apple Laptop it wouldn't accept either of them. I assume it's because the SIRI system is used on all three devices.

On my wife's android phone, she has the option of two LINE apps but they must me separate accounts. She also has one of those accounts on her windows laptop. I didn't look too deeply into it but couldn't add the second account on her laptop because it just says LINE already installed. 

Archived