Jump to content
BANGKOK
georgegeorgia

Weight loss surgery ,whose done it?

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I always wonder if your like 150 kg.. it should be easy to lose weight with some changes to diet. I am not saying that this operation does not have its place (i taken risks too and bad stuff to enhance fat loss) but at such high weights its easy to lose at least a bit with lifestyle changes.

 

Still its true that this definitely has its place, but with risks just like everything else. 

Not the case when u get older and metabolism changes and physical ability to exercise.

I took off over 30Kg 2 different times.

But now with bad discs and motorcycle accident in 2018 can only exercise in pool.

 

seriously considering Sleeve

 

Cost here is 500,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Not the case when u get older and metabolism changes and physical ability to exercise.

I took off over 30Kg 2 different times.

But now with bad discs and motorcycle accident in 2018 can only exercise in pool.

 

seriously considering Sleeve

 

Cost here is 500,000

Its more about eating better then exercise.. exercise is just a small component. But I get what you mean. But as I said it has its place for some people. Just think it sometimes get used by people who could try other things. But i wont judge.. i like short cuts myself and have done stuff that are short cuts so I wont judge. Though surgery is a step up from what I have done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WLS removes the KG. but it does not remove the excess skin ! If you are seriously overweight you may need look at the extreme cost of skin removal at the same time to see it its worth it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, justin case said:

fast for 7 days

 

and you don't need that expensive, dangerous surgery

 

if you do the surgery, you will not be able to eat for a few days anyway

 

and the biggest thing you can swallow will be the seize of an egg

 

and you will get vitamin absorption problems

 

all not worth it

 

Agree. Fasting has all sorts of very major health benefits and losing weight is just one of them. No need to pay for the surgery, no need to go through the pain of it all. Fasting is natural, free AND IT WORKS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMHO I would not do it.  Had a supervisor in Boston,MA USA do it and died shortly after. My cousin (girl) did it and had a lot of problems after.  Has to take vitamins as she does not get enough from limited amount of foods she eats. It has been proven that even young men of today have about a third of Testosterone in their bodies as their gran fathers did at same age do to plastics and other chemicals in our inviorment. Low Testosterone and HGH make it much harder for a male to lose weight or build muscle and have low energy ,erectile problems.

I would look into keto diet and either using suppliments to increase HGH or Testosterone  naturally or actually take Testosterne or HGH  tretments here in Thailand. They have a clinic in Pattaya and many pharmacies sell Test and HGH injections . That and healthy diet, workout insted of trying quick fix operation that has lifelong effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@georgegeorgia

 

Your talking about surgery but in your other topics (going to Pattaya fish and chips toasties ect) your talking so much about food (not the good kind) what you like. Maybe its better to slowly adjust what your eating before considering surgery ? No criticism just feels wrong to me that one would hop to surgery without first trying to change bad habits.

 

Sounds to me you just like your food too much. Just a choice you need to make eating nice foods and staying overweight or changing and losing weight. It wont happen overnight or will be easy but it can be done. But not if you dont make any permanent changes. 

 

I would rate surgery as a really last resort after having really tried other stuff. My opinion of course your body your life your money. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

my brother had the bypass, he also had to have his skin adapted and morbid fat taken away.
then he needed an operation a few years later something with his intestines.
he also has dumping syndrome.
his way of getting his calories consists of drinking lots of alcohol; at family gatherings he 
goes to the bathroom to throw up every hour or so.
he's become a nasty drunk in the process.

he used to be twice my weight now weighs less than me.
 

Edited by orchis
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, orchis said:

at family gatherings he 
goes to the bathroom to throw up every hour or so.

It's called bulimia, normally the stomach acid makes all their teeth fall out in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WLS has its place, but diet modification should be tried first (IMHO).

Risks exist from all surgery and anaesthetic especially as we age

Consult a dietician/nutritionist first for support

May need ongoing surgery for saggy skin to be removed, further risk of complications

Gentle resistance training (light weights) and perhaps an exercise bike or treadmill will assist before surgery.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

It's called bulimia, normally the stomach acid makes all their teeth fall out in a couple of years.

well he only drinks as he cannot eat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

WLS has its place, but diet modification should be tried first (IMHO).

Risks exist from all surgery and anaesthetic especially as we age

Consult a dietician/nutritionist first for support

May need ongoing surgery for saggy skin to be removed, further risk of complications

Gentle resistance training (light weights) and perhaps an exercise bike or treadmill will assist before surgery.

 

Its more about a change in diet (and I dont mean a temporary thing but real changes to what people eat on a day to day base for a lifetime). Exercise helps but it burns far less calories then one might think. I am a person who exercises a lot cardio and strength training so i know its value but diet still rules. 

 

You have to change things permanently otherwise it will always fail, people who go on a short term diet to lose weight gain it back because after they lost the weight they go back to their old food habits and gain it all back. 

 

I have over time slowly adjusted what I eat last change was totally cutting out sugary drinks (including fruit juices) That was harder for me then changing what I ate. I made small changes did not go crazy at once. Some people can change it all at once for others its best to make small changes and ramp it up slowly. 

 

Exercise wise I am the same start slow ramp it up till becomes a habit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its more about a change in diet (and I dont mean a temporary thing but real changes to what people eat on a day to day base for a lifetime). Exercise helps but it burns far less calories then one might think. I am a person who exercises a lot cardio and strength training so i know its value but diet still rules. 

 

You have to change things permanently otherwise it will always fail, people who go on a short term diet to lose weight gain it back because after they lost the weight they go back to their old food habits and gain it all back. 

 

I have over time slowly adjusted what I eat last change was totally cutting out sugary drinks (including fruit juices) That was harder for me then changing what I ate. I made small changes did not go crazy at once. Some people can change it all at once for others its best to make small changes and ramp it up slowly. 

 

Exercise wise I am the same start slow ramp it up till becomes a habit. 

Diet modification is about long term changes, as opposed to being on a diet, modify what you eat, when you eat it.

Consult a dietician/nutritionist for support and motivation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Diet modification is about long term changes, as opposed to being on a diet, modify what you eat, when you eat it.

Consult a dietician/nutritionist for support and motivation

No real need for that, i did all myself plenty of information on the internet. I lost 25 kg in 2011. In between i gained a bit and lost it again. Mainly stayed lean but last year had sleeping problems (still have them) and that affected my training.. then my diet (how i ate) got worse and i gained 7 kg.. lost it again with cleaning it up and exercise. Really the internet is  full of useful information. 

 

I usually read bodybuilding forums as I am a "small" bodybuilder. Plenty of good info there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...