Moving to Pattaya from Phuket (Where to live?)

damen

10 hours ago, damen said:

Does anyone here live in Bang Saray or Sattahip? Finding food, big supermarket such as Big C or Tesco Lotus easy to access? Air quality okay? Flood prone? 

I live between Bangsare and Sattahip, up the 332, very quiet, but I suppose the quieter it gets the choice of restaurants will be limited, you can't have both. But you are only a 10 minute drive from restaurants. There are 2 Tesco Lotus in Sattahip, there is a newly opened Big C twix Sattahip and Bangsare, infact they are building a new Makro next to the Big C.

Many housing estates up the 332, most will have houses for rent at reasonal prices.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East side of Pattaya will do you good. Near the lake. Not hard to drive into town and easier to get to the highway to go Bangkok.

Also Bang Saray, or even Rayong are worth looking into.

You can try on thaivisa classified section, baht found website, or go to ddproperty, they might have some choices for you.

1 minute ago, damen said:

Yes, i saw that Bang Saray house for rent ads is within my budget. Big land for my dogs to roam around. But i saw older post saying that from Bang Saray to Pattaya on weekend, traffic is very bad. May takes a hour to reach there. 

Sukhumvit weekends is not good but when the motorway is opened it will take a lot of the traffic off that road. 

Ban Ampur is actually way more convenient then BangSaray, there are many country back roads going all the way up to Pattaya bypassing Sukhumvit completely. Failing that stay home weekends  :smile:

3 minutes ago, JayBird said:

East side of Pattaya will do you good. Near the lake. Not hard to drive into town and easier to get to the highway to go Bangkok.

Also Bang Saray, or even Rayong are worth looking into.

You can try on thaivisa classified section, baht found website, or go to ddproperty, they might have some choices for you.

Yes, i tried Bahtsold, ddproperty, dotpropery - limited choice as i need land for dog to roam around. 

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Pattaya is a good choice. You can choose Pratumnak area. Lots of greenery,  fresh air and beaches. Quiet but has night life. Naklua is another option.  Around soi 16 up there is wongomat beach and night life on the main road. Central Pattaya is the urban option with big shops and transport hubs. My friend was renting a villa near beach rd, unfurnished for 7k a month. If you want to hire direct from owner go to shopping malls and supermarkets eg foodmart near Threpasit where owners advertise directly. Good luck.

Wow, 7k for a Villa is a very good price. Villa as in house with private pool those kind? I went afew times to Central Festival Pattaya and Big C with Homepro during my holiday trip few months ago. But i don't see ads from direct owner. Usually where can i find these billboard?

8 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Since you have transportation, you can look at villas in Pratumnak on Soi 4-6.  Lots of room for walking dogs, biking.  Low traffic.

Don't listen to the naysayers. They just get a little disgruntled living in shacks and eating mealworms, while we live the HiSo life.  ????

Isn't this area that you guys talking about? Acutally would you be kind to point me where is this soi 4-6? i don't see a cluster of house at this area. 

1.thumb.PNG.6bc9f26aa1a07c8c647b6542effa9564.PNG

I was going to suggest Hua Hin, but then I saw what rental amount you wanted to pay.

If your prepared to pay more, as the saying goes, you get quality.

Been all over Thailand and Hua Hin leaves every other place for dead IMO, although I still like to holiday in both Phuket and Hua Hin.

If your minds made up and it's Pattaya, then it would be Naklua for me.

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was going to suggest Hua Hin, but then I saw what rental amount you wanted to pay.

Been all over Thailand and Hua Hin leaves every other place for dead IMO, although I still like to holiday in both Phuket and Hua Hin.

As usually contract is for minimum a year. I may need to forgo my deposit if I choose to purchase a home in Pattaya. 

That is is why I don’t want to rent much more expensive place such as 20-30k per month. 

I will loss at least 40-50k in deposit. 

At least for me, purchasing a land and build a house, is the most sensible and value for money things to do. 

For example, I did this 10 years ago in Phuket. I spent lesser money on accommodation, and still able to enjoy living in Phuket. 

Plus i I still can resell it if I choose to move to another place for good. Losing money will kept to minimum. 

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Jomtien is nice but so is Naklua/Wong Amat--which is close to shopping at Terminal 21 and Central Marina. 

I am far from being an expert on Naklua/Wong Amat, but from driving around there on my way to some hotel or another I dont think that there are many houses with gardens there. Jomtien on the other hand does have a huge number of such houses, even right in the centre on the Bahtbus route and within a couple of hundred metres of Jomtien beach and many restaurants.

I wont argue about the proximity to T21/Central Marina of course, and those are both good reasons to be in that area. It is also very easy to get from there onto the motorway or to catch the Ekamai bus.

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Another plus for Hua Hin is the ferry to Pattaya. This excursion is a regular essential if one seriously wants to avoid the atrophy and death that prevails on the "watch the sunrise" side of the Gulf of Thailand. By the same token, when one needs the all-essential reality check from prolonged exposure to Pattaya's excesses, a quick detox in Hua Hin fits the bill.

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Sukhumvit weekends is not good but when the motorway is opened it will take a lot of the traffic off that road. 

Ban Ampur is actually way more convenient then BangSaray, there are many country back roads going all the way up to Pattaya bypassing Sukhumvit completely. Failing that stay home weekends  :smile:

No more sound advice than that... avoid Pattaya at the weekend. That gives the OP five whole days to shop, swim, mall trawl, etc., and if he comes up short on fresh eggs for Sunday brunch, there's always a 7-eleven, Mini Big C, Tesco Lotus Express and Family Mart near you. No need to go anywhere near Sukhumvit on Saturday/Sunday unless it's a straight shot across it to get to a beach.

1 hour ago, damen said:

Isn't this area that you guys talking about? Acutally would you be kind to point me where is this soi 4-6? i don't see a cluster of house at this area. 

Yes, that is the general area.  Not many Houses in that area, more villas with small back yard and patio if that works for you.  Search up Cozy beach villas or Pratumnak Villas on various websites.  Good hunting.

8 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Yes, that is the general area.  Not many Houses in that area, more villas with small back yard and patio if that works for you.  Search up Cozy beach villas or Pratumnak Villas on various websites.  Good hunting.

Cozy Beach Villa is nice, but i think the surely the price will be high too. probably 20k onwards. 

31 minutes ago, damen said:

Cozy Beach Villa is nice, but i think the surely the price will be high too. probably 20k onwards. 

Yes, a good, safe property will probably start around 18k-23k asking.  There will be room to negotiate.  Quite a few properties are not listed since most agencies are not great, so you may want to just walk around and explore all the areas first.

@damen

Hi, I could be your man. We have just finished a long term rental with a family going back to America.

The house will be vacant as from September 9th.

We were going to put the house on the market, but would consider another long term rental.

House is in Pattaya city near everything. Furnished, 2 floors, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 4 aircons. security system, inside parking etc.

Rent B20000, 2 months deposit, no agents just deal with owner.

If you're interested PM me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

i once rented a house with a 6 month contract,

one of the dumbest thing i did,

the place was infested with insects, and i was losing it.

i'd rather pay twice the rate for a single month,

to find out what it really is like to be stuck there,

and then i can sign up for a long contract, maybe.

it can be water supply or anything really,

and the only way to find out is to live there,

1 month should suffice to find out without getting into a depression

37 minutes ago, carlyai said:

@damen

Hi, I could be your man. We have just finished a long term rental with a family going back to America.

The house will be vacant as from September 9th.

We were going to put the house on the market, but would consider another long term rental.

House is in Pattaya city near everything. Furnished, 2 floors, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 4 aircons. security system, inside parking etc.

Rent B20000, 2 months deposit, no agents just deal with owner.

If you're interested PM me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

PM Sent ????

11 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i once rented a house with a 6 month contract,

one of the dumbest thing i did,

the place was infested with insects, and i was losing it.

i'd rather pay twice the rate for a single month,

to find out what it really is like to be stuck there,

and then i can sign up for a long contract, maybe.

it can be water supply or anything really,

and the only way to find out is to live there,

1 month should suffice to find out without getting into a depression

I think i will immediately cancel the contract. But i got my own furniture, might be safer for me if you are talking about bed bugs.    

My wife found a house (unfurnish) for rent in this area (Thep Prasit) Size:100 talang wah which is 400sqm. Good for my dogs. 10,000 Baht per month. Is this area okay?  

As I will bringing my own furniture from Phuket to Pattaya. Generally is this area safe? 

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I am far from being an expert on Naklua/Wong Amat, but from driving around there on my way to some hotel or another I dont think that there are many houses with gardens there. Jomtien on the other hand does have a huge number of such houses, even right in the centre on the Bahtbus route and within a couple of hundred metres of Jomtien beach and many restaurants.

I wont argue about the proximity to T21/Central Marina of course, and those are both good reasons to be in that area. It is also very easy to get from there onto the motorway or to catch the Ekamai bus.

You are right, Jomtien has more choices for houses and especially those with gardens.  Certainly a good possibility for the OP.

Depends on how much rent you want to pay and how far outside Pattaya city. From my experience any decent safe area within close proximaty to the centre is hard to find, those that are there are expensive to rent. There are plenty of cheaper housing to be found but they are in areas where the Thais live and I would not recommend that. Do yourself a favour and explore East Pattaya the other side of the Sukumvit. There are plenty of safe Farang gated comminities with good security. Avoid the Soi Siam Country club area and Soi Khao Talo areas because they flood. Look at somewhere around sois 87 to 89. Distance to Pattaya City about 8 KM

18 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Yeah if you want dangerous air quality for 4-6 months of the year on par with Bkok then Pattaya is your place.  You are leaving the best air quality in Thailand in Phuket and that isn't saying much.

Seconded.

After living in Pattaya for many years I am thinking of getting out before the high season bad air. That's anywhen between about October and Aprilish.

Mind you, I say this every year but seem to stay here and endure it (albeit with air purifiers running 24/7)

I love living in Pattaya but the air quality for far too much of the year is just not good these days. 

Plenty of threads on here about it with many people saying what I have just about the air quality (and I have lots of photos)

Some years it's bad for months on end. Visibly I mean. Some years it looks bad only on and off but goodness knows was what the unseen stuff is doing to us.

Photo is South Pattaya looking towards Pratumnak Hill. 

Simon

IMG_1056.thumb.jpg.f3c72f9a2fa03e81528be1ac5148a86b.jpg

East Pattaya is quiet semi rural especially around lakes and with easy access to all facilities in Pattaya.

Best not to use agents as rent will be higher to cover their fee. Best to stay in a hotel and explore. You will find for rent signs on nice houses on all secure villages. Should only take a couple of days to find something you like and move in 

I find the weather much better and cooler  in Pattaya . Phuket gets very hot and lots of rain. Much more choice in supermarkets here too. Jomtien is quieter ,avoid central Pattaya. Forget The north Chiang Mai. The beach water is dirty though so find somewhere with a nice pool. You have transport so you can be anywhere in Pattaya area in 15/20 minutes. Stay a week in a hotel and look around. 

20 hours ago, damen said:

Does anyone here live in Bang Saray or Sattahip? Finding food, big supermarket such as Big C or Tesco Lotus easy to access? Air quality okay? Flood prone? 

Ba g saray is ok not far from sattahip shopping or about 20 mins to tesco and makro.plenty of small shops as well mini big cand tesco express

I live over on the dark side- it’s good- people are much  more friendly- it’s green, quiet and new restaurants etc popping up.

Thats a low budget - any decent village is still quite expensive . 

around the lakes are good for walks with your dogs 

Do not move at the moment- almost every road in town seems to be dug up- it’s a nightmare. They say will be finished before ‘high season ‘ - maybe !

Good luck - East Coast is not a bad agent. 

Archived