Moving to Pattaya from Phuket (Where to live?)

damen

On 8/4/2019 at 10:43 PM, damen said:

Does anyone here live in Bang Saray or Sattahip? Finding food, big supermarket such as Big C or Tesco Lotus easy to access? Air quality okay? Flood prone? 

air quality is bad all the way past rayong and it won't get better with the govt industrial expansion happening in this zone

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

Seconded.

After living in Pattaya for many years I am thinking of getting out before the high season bad air. That's anywhen between about October and Aprilish.

Mind you, I say this every year but seem to stay here and endure it (albeit with air purifiers running 24/7)

I love living in Pattaya but the air quality for far too much of the year is just not good these days. 

Plenty of threads on here about it with many people saying what I have just about the air quality (and I have lots of photos)

Some years it's bad for months on end. Visibly I mean. Some years it looks bad only on and off but goodness knows was what the unseen stuff is doing to us.

Photo is South Pattaya looking towards Pratumnak Hill. 

Simon

IMG_1056.thumb.jpg.f3c72f9a2fa03e81528be1ac5148a86b.jpg

so many in denial or too much beer fogging their glasses... look if you are a chain smoker and don't give a dam about your health then high season smog here should not make much difference but the recorded facts are that the 2.5 particle pollution is well in excess of world health standards for 4-6 months and almost on par with bangkok.  this is the reality.  

11 hours ago, tlandtday said:

so many in denial or too much beer fogging their glasses... look if you are a chain smoker and don't give a dam about your health then high season smog here should not make much difference but the recorded facts are that the 2.5 particle pollution is well in excess of world health standards for 4-6 months and almost on par with bangkok.  this is the reality.  

When is high season in Pattaya? And usually flooding occur on which month?

6 hours ago, damen said:

high season with bad air quality is from late november to end of march... it's fine now but the winds change in the high season and it exists even minus the spring burning as a result of belching buses, too many cars, and of course industrial pollution from bangkok as well as rayong... 

16 hours ago, damen said:

November to March. Usually dry then. Flooding occurs anytime it rains heavily ,June to October, September to October heaviest rain expected. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, carlyai said:

@damen

Hi, I could be your man. We have just finished a long term rental with a family going back to America.

The house will be vacant as from September 9th.

We were going to put the house on the market, but would consider another long term rental.

House is in Pattaya city near everything. Furnished, 2 floors, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 4 aircons. security system, inside parking etc.

Rent B20000, 2 months deposit, no agents just deal with owner.

If you're interested PM me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

You know it is now illegal to take more than one month rental as deposit?

On 8/5/2019 at 3:34 AM, damen said:

Wow, 7k for a Villa is a very good price. Villa as in house with private pool those kind? I went afew times to Central Festival Pattaya and Big C with Homepro during my holiday trip few months ago. But i don't see ads from direct owner. Usually where can i find these billboard?

Foodmart has a notice board with many property adverts. I have not seen them at central festival but have at other malls.  The villa my friend rented did not have a pool and was unfurnished.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:53 AM, damen said:

My wife found a house (unfurnish) for rent in this area (Thep Prasit) Size:100 talang wah which is 400sqm. Good for my dogs. 10,000 Baht per month. Is this area okay?  

As I will bringing my own furniture from Phuket to Pattaya. Generally is this area safe? 

Yes it is safe. Its a bit boring area though it has good markets but no baht bus . Yes of course its safe as is 90% of Pattaya. 

I am kind of parital to Naklua myself.  Easier get into Pattaya compared to from Jomtien where that road backs up all the time during rush hours and rain.  Inexpensive and close to shopping, not as busy as Pattaya.  Plenty of good restaurants and bars around.

I only ever holiday in Pattaya, have never lived there.  But have a friend who rents on the dark side near Maphrachan Lake, think he pays about 14k or 15k a month for a 3 bed bungalow with ample off street parking and a decent garden in a gated community.  Aside from crossing Sukhumvit everytime you want some madness, its quite a nice area (from what I've seen).  I'd consider it if I was ever to move to Pattaya/surrounding area

13 hours ago, mrblonde said:

I only ever holiday in Pattaya, have never lived there.  But have a friend who rents on the dark side near Maphrachan Lake,

If he needs to drive into Pattaya down say Soi Siam CC road at so called rush hour that would be a different perspective for me. Those roads heading West towards Sukhumvit get horrendously busy these days. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2019 at 3:02 AM, damen said:

North as in Banglamung?

How about East Pattaya, Soi Siam? Does there have any smog problem? I saw few house for rent in Bang Saray which is within my budget i quite like it as there have plentiful of garden for my dogs, but i see in google map, is a little to far from central pattaya. I'm worried hard to find food, supermarkets. 

AAAAAAARGH. Another zombie thread.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Baht buses! 

You are correct.  The baht bus system does not exist in Phuket, but it does have transport, albeit, at ridiculous prices, so I wouldn't say Pattaya has transport and Phuket does not. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, damen said:

Yes, i saw that Bang Saray house for rent ads is within my budget. Big land for my dogs to roam around. But i saw older post saying that from Bang Saray to Pattaya on weekend, traffic is very bad. May takes a hour to reach there. 

If as you say you get a 'little bored' in Phuket you'll get bored out of your brain in Bang Saray.

Try Central or South Pattaya instead. That's where the action is.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

You are correct.  The baht bus system does not exist in Phuket, but it does have transport, albeit, at ridiculous prices, so I wouldn't say Pattaya has transport and Phuket does not. 

Well again a few years ago, but getting back to a Karon Beach hotel from a Patong night out once made me feel Phuket offered no options!

7 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I always seem to find Sattahip has an unfriendly vibe.

Maybe because of the military (Navy) bases..could be they think you're a spy ! ????

I know they won't let us foreigners on the aircraft carrier   without a written invitation from the Admiral him self

they even said my Thai wife couldn't take a camera on board ( before smartphones had good cameras )  so there must be some top secret stuff on board ????

They also like to keep the foreign rif-raf out of the (arguably)  best beaches in the area. ☹️

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well again a few years ago, but getting back to a Karon Beach hotel from a Patong night out once made me feel Phuket offered no options!

I do not disagree. 

Last time I was there, it was 800 baht from Patong Beach to Kata Beach, which is only about 5 kms away. 

I can go from Pattaya to Suvarnabhmi Airport for 1100 baht. 

When the big downturn in the Thai tourism industry starts to bite, in my opinion, Phuket will be the first one bitten.  Everything mafia controlled there and overpriced, hence the nickname, Pirate Island.  .   

Archived