Thai Airways announces extra flight to Europe and Australia

webfact

Thai Airways announces extra flight to Europe and Australia

A35001.jpg

Thai Airways International is adding fights to Paris, Vienna and Melbourne effective starting October 27 through to at least the end of March next year.

Flights to Paris will increase from daily to 10 a week, but it will also involve a downsizing of aircraft from the mega A380 to a mix of the Boeing 777-300 and the smaller A350-900 XWB.

The three new services, mid-day departures from Bangkok, will use the 321 seat Airbus A350-900. The daily service will use a Boeing 777-300 with 364 seats.

The new three services depart Bangkok at 1215 on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. The daily service departs from Bangkok at 0005.

Flights to Vienna will increase from five to daily effective October 27 using a Boeing Dreamliner 787-8 aircraft with 256 seats.

Flights to Melbourne Australia will increase from 11 to 14 (twice daily) using the 321 seat Airbus A350-900 XWB aircraft.

The first of the two daily flights will depart Bangkok at midnight and arrive in Melbourne at 1305 while the second daily flight will depart at 0810 and arrive in Melbourne at 2120.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/thai-airways-announces-extra-flight-to-europe-and-australia

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-08-05

Just now, jaiyen said:

For us Perth people, we have gone backwards. They took away our lovely 787 and gave us an old refurbished noisy A330.  However, the prices are the lowest they have ever been, $639 return,

desperate pricing.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why?  Flew from Melbourne to Thailand last week and the plane was empty

Because the strong baht is making exotic travel for the growing Thai middle classes cheaper.

Just as people living in countries with weaker currencies are tending to stay at home.

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Why?  Flew from Melbourne to Thailand last week and the plane was empty

12 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

go way full, come back empty

I had gold card Thai mileage for 3-4 yrs I am Kiwi and flew from Auckland 3-4 times yr. we imported electronics from Taiwan and shoes from India. I made Bangkok my hub, BBK- Taiwan and back then BBK -Deli India. I would fly Buss class. Price was reasonable and in line with others like Singapore, Guruda Emirats. The stewards started to get very cocky and miserable,, service dropped but the main thing with Thai they increased their prices so much they became very expensive. I now retired and live in Thailand with my Thai wife of 11 yrs. the last 10 yrs I come and go New Zealand 3 times a year see my family for 10-12 weeks a time. 

For the last 6-7 years I have flown Qantas they are much more  competitive in price. If Thai looked at their pricing to compete they would get my flights back.

But they are run by the Government who have NO idea in runner an  International Airline at a profit. 

Their problem stands out a mile but they ignore it. Plenty money in the Government cash bag. Pitty. They should also come down on the older stewards ladies, they think they are special and above the passengers. Ask them for something and you wait so long.

i will stick with Qantas till they change. 

17 minutes ago, shaurene said:

I had gold card Thai mileage for 3-4 yrs I am Kiwi and flew from Auckland 3-4 times yr. we imported electronics from Taiwan and shoes from India. I made Bangkok my hub, BBK- Taiwan and back then BBK -Deli India. I would fly Buss class. Price was reasonable and in line with others like Singapore, Guruda Emirats. The stewards started to get very cocky and miserable,, service dropped but the main thing with Thai they increased their prices so much they became very expensive. I now retired and live in Thailand with my Thai wife of 11 yrs. the last 10 yrs I come and go New Zealand 3 times a year see my family for 10-12 weeks a time. 

For the last 6-7 years I have flown Qantas they are much more  competitive in price. If Thai looked at their pricing to compete they would get my flights back.

But they are run by the Government who have NO idea in runner an  International Airline at a profit. 

Their problem stands out a mile but they ignore it. Plenty money in the Government cash bag. Pitty. They should also come down on the older stewards ladies, they think they are special and above the passengers. Ask them for something and you wait so long.

THAI have a daily service, non-stop BKK-AKL-BKK on new 787-900's. They have no competition on that route so of course they charge a premium. More often than not, at least in business class, it is full too.

51 minutes ago, shaurene said:

To the Uk it has to be EVA air still 30 kg and 777 300, Thai lost me when they put more fuel efficient aircraft but hiked the price, my experience of cabin staff has always been good but i moved to EVA and have no reason to change, Thai new 30 kg killed it for me

The airline Industry is and will take a battering, people will spend any amount of money on a holiday but will complain if there travel costs go up by the smallest amount, on a package holiday it is not seen it gets lost.

Why not rebrand a couple of 380 to Thai smile and fill them twice a week from europe.

Thai seat pitch has got smaller and smaller it does nothing to help when booking a 12 hr flight.

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

For us Perth people, we have gone backwards. They took away our lovely 787 and gave us an old refurbished noisy A330.  However, the prices are the lowest they have ever been, $639 return,

I don't think that's cheap.

$580 with 20kg luggage and on board entertainment, return from Phuket to Sydney on a Jetstar flight is cheaper than that, and it's one of those 787 Dreamliners.

Thai Airways are far to expensive and have lost a lot of customers over the years, me and my family included (6), whilst I consider a $1,000 return to be a fair price for a Thai Airways return flight from BKK to Sydney, they have always been about $1,250 when we have wanted to travel from here in Thailand, they always have sales on in Sydney, but very rare from here, maybe their planes are full exiting BKK, so no need for a sale, oh well, it is what it is.

As I wrote on another topic:

I recently flew Thai Smile for the 1st time BKK-CNX and had the most delicious mashed potato and salmon cake en route. I got a rare 1/2 price return ticket from PKG in conjunction with Thai Airways on their new A350 which was such a good flight with this comfortable plane (good leg room) combined with excellent service. I had not flown THAI for many years  due to pricing but I am looking forward to my  return flight with Thai Smile and THAI!

The service was surprisingly very good on both sectors.

I always go with Qatar air but they are now starting to be at least 200-250GBP more expensive than their rivals Finnair for even economy flights.

In business class the difference between the two can be 1500 GBP. Both are under the One world alliance banner, so I get my points on my loyalty card. I won't use B.A. as I just do not like them.

Their BA traveller plus is not worth the money and nor is business class. Economy with them I have not been and the connections up North from London are four hours.

I have never flown Finnair but I think I might after November when my remaining two Qatar flights are used up.

I quit with Thai years ago for the aforementioned reasons of many other TV users, they got too expensive and service went down.

I asked for a Whisky on Thai Air when flying into BKK the other day, and was told to go and get it myself. (as in get it from the catering part)

Being as i was at the window seat with 2 other people to the right of me it was clearly a task i was unlikely to do.

Rather walk than fly with Thai Air.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, Pilotman said:

I never use them, so I'm indifferent to this increase. They are a terrible airline, on a par with BA. 

I use THAI and BA to the destinations I need because their price and scheduling is right.

Archived