Wife in tears as husband killed while sitting on the Chonburi bypass

webfact

Wife in tears as husband killed while sitting on the Chonburi bypass

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police and emergency services rushed to the Chonburi bypass on Sunday after a Thai man who had been sitting in the road was hit by a car. 

The rescue services performed CPR on Thanawit Sriduangjan, 26, who had a head injury and broken arm. While this was going on his wife was in floods of tears being console by friends just yards from the scene. 

Thanawit was pronounced dead at Chonburi Hospital. 

Also at the scene were two cars that were damaged - a Ford and a Toyota Vios. 

The Ford driver said that he had braked and stopped after seeing a man sitting in the road. He had shined his lights at the man and taken a picture with his phone's camera and warned him that he could be hit. 

Moments later he heard the sound of a truck horn then a Vios driven by Khomsan Khiawphairee, 32, smashed into the seated man who was not wearing a shirt. 

Daily News suggested that the deceased man had sat in the road as a gesture to get back at his wife. 

Pol Lt-Col Siwakorn Janthamenchai of the Muang Chonburi police is trying to get to the bottom of the case. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-05

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Daily News suggested that the deceased man had sat in the road as a gesture to get back at his wife.

I guess Daily News knows best. I wonder who won. The man or the wife? I better souliton might have been to talk about the problems, but that is not the nature of people in this part of the world.

59 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

No accounting for stupid. Did he get back at his wife? Well he will never know will he. I feel sorry for the person that hit him, he/she has to live with that forever. 

Could well be mental health issues, which is becoming more prevalent worldwide, with very few satisfactory solutions.

7 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Could well be mental health issues, which is becoming more prevalent worldwide, with very few satisfactory solutions.

I thought they have really good meds for depression these days, but I know you need to have them proscribed and then take them... 

RIP

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No accounting for stupid. Did he get back at his wife? Well he will never know will he. I feel sorry for the person that hit him, he/she has to live with that forever. 

I feel sorry for all involved, I assume even if someone were to try to slow, warn oncoming traffic it would be a fruitless exercise I did it once where a female motorbike rider lay seriously injured in lane 3 on a blind curve of a busy bypass, that was in the UK and I was wearing a Police fluorescent Jacket, lot of drivers just ignored me.   

That’s why when you see something like that just slow down and pull over and call the cops if you can because that’s obviously a suicide attempt but most drivers are not expecting to see something like this.

Even the stray dogs know to get out of the street so what would you think if you were driving and all of the sudden you see some guy just sitting in the middle of the freeway.

2 hours ago, kevin612 said:

Thai driving rules  from my experience: vehicles always go first and drivers won’t stop. In USA, it is totally different. People are always priority.

Not always I was involved in a accident in the US all I remembered was a lady telling me 911 was called I couldn't get out of my truck finally a friend from work stopped called 911 and waited till help arrived 

Thais can get violently uptight during an argument, all logic, all thought of the consequences flies out the window, rage on auto pilot. He needn't have been mentally ill, just extremely hurt and upset. "Rage, rage, rage, do not go gentle into that dark night."

To get back at his wife? Well that did it.

Like the chap who in front of his wife, put a cocked and safety off Colt .45 against his temple and shouted at her, that he was going to do a family suicide shooting.

She screamed back at him why is he going to shoot himself first, he shouted back to her to shut up as she would be shot next.

Logic and resoning in these types of situations flies out of the scene and emptiness takes over.

Still a sad loss of life.

Poor driver that nailed him

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I guess Daily News knows best. I wonder who won. The man or the wife? I better souliton might have been to talk about the problems, but that is not the nature of people in this part of the world.

That is so true and so sad. I lost my partner because she seems to have had a problem (with me?), of which I was and still am unaware.

Why unable to talk? 

11 hours ago, JayBird said:

Sounds like someone with mental illness. Sadly can not be treated if no one knows he's sick (until too late). And often times can not get the right meds.

It's called immature like a little boy like most Thai men are..

UPDATE:

Driver who hit man sitting on Chonburi bypass to be charged with negligence causing death

The police officer in charge of the case of a man who had argued with his wife and was sitting on the Chonburi bypass has said that the driver who hit him will be charged with negligent driving causing death. 

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1116135-driver-who-hit-man-sitting-on-chonburi-bypass-to-be-charged-with-negligence-causing-death/

Archived