Video: Four teens on a bike slam into Fortuner doing a U-turn

webfact

I reckon the FOUR on the bike could not evade any problem if they wanted too, which one in of the 4 had his hands on the handle bars/brakes, how can the "driver" tilt and swerve around any problem when he cannot control what the load is doing....

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, transam said:

I reckon the FOUR on the bike could not evade any problem if they wanted too, which one in of the 4 had his hands on the handle bars/brakes, how can the "driver" tilt and swerve around any problem when he cannot control what the load is doing....

I doubt if they had their lights on either, rendering them harder to spot by drivers that bother to look.

15 minutes ago, gmac said:

Maybe the kids were about to overtake the Fortuner as it slowed to make its u-turn and made no indication that It was going to do so.  I couldn't see any indicator light flashing in the video.

Too much ample time as Fortuner slowed and was even stopped then went. Also turned very slow not doing a whip it right turn. Even if no signal, there should be brake lights and they could tell the Fortuner was stopped if coherent. The kids plainly blew it. It is dangerous here for sure, but in my mind set, driving or riding is always a defensive move.

1 hour ago, lupin said:

AFAIK, you cannot make a u-turn on a bridge period.

The law is irrelevant here, even the Police ignore it. We were hit by a bike and the cops claimed he was overtaking us but it was right on a junction, which is illegal, cops said it was not a real junction. Rider said later he just did not see the our car, so no due care and attention and he was riding on the wrong side of the road completely, also illegal. Police said he was allowed to travel down the wrong side of the road. Hence the carnage of around one thousand bike riders killed every month, stupidity endorsed by the Police!

8 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The law is irrelevant here, even the Police ignore it. We were hit by a bike and the cops claimed he was overtaking us but it was right on a junction, which is illegal, cops said it was not a real junction. Rider said later he just did not see the our car, so no due care and attention and he was riding on the wrong side of the road completely, also illegal. Police said he was allowed to travel down the wrong side of the road. Hence the carnage of around one thousand bike riders killed every month, stupidity endorsed by the Police!

Oh please ... dont tell me a tomato is a fruit unless you're prepared to have it in a milkshake

I've had the same thing happen to me, making a right hand turn onto a small yak from a soi, signal on for at least 1 block, I'm half way through the turn when a motorcycle that was passing the whole line of cars, going the wrong way down the lane, plowed into my right hand side. Granted it wasn't a U-turn I was making, but essentially the same thing. I must admit I rarely look for vehicles driving the wrong way on the road when I'm making a fully legal right had turn. Another common incident, how many times have you pulled up to a stop sign preparing to make a left hand turn, then proceed with your turn only to nearly hit or hit the stupid motorcycle cutting inside your turn! Motorcycles simply do not obey traffic laws and it would seem they are not required to.

3 hours ago, gmac said:

Nice manoeuvre, not a marked u-turn, excessively dangerous and stupid (they are even when marked anyway) and that bike wasn't travelling all that fast so the Fortuner driver couldn't have looked behind (or didn't care - which is just as likely) before starting his murderous turn.

It seems most Fortuner drivers take advantage of the free lobotomy offered on purchasing one. They rival pick up drivers for not looking, caring, and believing everyone most keep out their way as they wander all over the road.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

looked like he turned right in front of the bike. Not unusual here.  The bike may have been going too fast, but he should have taken that into consideration. 

Perhaps it was more appropriate for the bike rider to have taken his speed into consideration!

4 hours ago, lupin said:

Because it is illegal to make a U-turn on a bridge regardless of how damn slow you are going

That u-turn is going under a bridge which is really common here and perfectly legal. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

It seems most Fortuner drivers take advantage of the free lobotomy offered on purchasing one. They rival pick up drivers for not looking, caring, and believing everyone most keep out their way as they wander all over the road.

Thanks for the lobotomy explanation.

Both driver and rider have to take the blame. Both contributed to the accident. The boys on the bike would have received greater injuries because of the fact they were not wearing crash helmets.  The scooter was been ridden totally outside its design spec. With the weight of 4 people the main weight would have been on the rear wheel which would  mean the front end would have been very light and reduced the braking efficiency of the front brake which is the main stopping brake.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Kids on the bike must have been blind. No sign of braking, with 4 onboard that may have been difficult...

The overloaded bike should have taken that into consideration when a signal in front of them was evident..

what you say is suggesting the driver has some understanding of basic physics however the requisite single functional brain cell must be present.

normal here they initiate an action without thinking or looking.   same way they walk into you and each other.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Dont be sad, maybe at some point in your life you can buy one second-hand also. 

6 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Did anybody see the indicator flashing? I didn't

I believe it's flashing, but hard to say for sure with the poor picture quality.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Perhaps it was more appropriate for the bike rider to have taken his speed into consideration!

Thai's dont know about breaking distances and the extra weight on the bike making the breaks useless  

A bunch of idiots....the 4 people on the bike made for a maximum of 2 and going way too fast.....and the Fortuner driver making a U-turn from the left lane. They deserve what they got. Not many helmets in sight given that there should be 4.

Archived