Video: Four teens on a bike slam into Fortuner doing a U-turn

webfact

you can see the blinker and the bike hit him when he was on the complete opposite side of the road, it actually turned into him instead of slowing or staying on their side of the road. Bike is entirely at fault, over loaded and speeding plus it was too far out on the road, the car was already most of the way through the u turn and being on the opposite side of the road was not in the way of the bike, idiot rider obviously wasnt watching the road as he had more than enough time to avoid what happened, brainless rider

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fortuner was already in the oncoming traffic lane, so was the motorcycle when they hit him. In fact, it looks like they were on the far side of that lane which pretty much means they were not passing the forutner. They were going like a bat out of hell in the wrong direction. The fortuner driver is focused on oncoming traffic not a motorcycle driving on the wrong side of the road.     

4 hours ago, gmac said:

the bike perfectly reasonably went to overtake on the correct right hand side and was blocked by the Fortuner performing it's thoughtless u-turn!

The motorbike was in the wrong lane, they were in the oncoming traffic lane. The Fortuna driver did not turn until a car had passed him. Who says he was doing a U turn, maybe he was just turning right.

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

The motorbike was in the wrong lane, they were in the oncoming traffic lane. The Fortuna driver did not turn until a car had passed him. Who says he was doing a U turn, maybe he was just turning right.

Did you look at the video or the OP?  The headline says he was doing a u-turn, the video shows no sign of anywhere to turn right.  Not in wrong lane unless you think overtaking on the left is the norm.  

12 minutes ago, gmac said:

Did you look at the video or the OP?  The headline says he was doing a u-turn, the video shows no sign of anywhere to turn right.  Not in wrong lane unless you think overtaking on the left is the norm.  

What the headline says, and what actually happened can be two completely different things.

If the motorbike was not in the wrong lane, then the car which went past, left to right, moments before the collision must have been on the wrong side. Why did the motorbike not hit or swerve for that particular car?

In fact on looking again, the motorbike was to the left of it's lane but swerved right into the Fortuna. If it had kept straight, the way it was going, there would have been no accident.

5 hours ago, gmac said:

the bike is in the oncoming traffic side of the road because they went around the big puddle of water(not overtaking) instead of going on the inside of it as the later bike in the video does, it is a two way road and since when has there ever been a law against turning when clear to do so. The idiot on the bike is at fault, cant believe how many people are not aware of the road rules or cant understand what actually happened in the video, maybe the bars opened early

If you are following a vehicle and the vehicle decides to indicate and do a U turn and you slam into it, you are at fault for riding without due care and attention. Here there were 4 kids, I guess without a license, helmets or insurance. They are totally at fault, not least because they are illegally riding on a pubic highway. 

Feel sorry for the car driver. Throw the book at the kids parents. 

On 8/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, seajae said:

the bike is in the oncoming traffic side of the road because they went around the big puddle of water(not overtaking) instead of going on the inside of it as the later bike in the video does, it is a two way road and since when has there ever been a law against turning when clear to do so. The idiot on the bike is at fault, cant believe how many people are not aware of the road rules or cant understand what actually happened in the video, maybe the bars opened early

Clearly the road wasn't clear to make the turn or the accident wouldn't have happened!  

Law says 2 up on a bike, helmet, lights, reasonable speed for conditions, and drive like you know everyone is trying to kill you and keep your head on a swivel. Police, know what those laws are and what is and is not reckless driving. They know the public knows these things too, but so many refuse to wear helmets, drive like they are indestructible and will never meet concrete.

At what point do police figuratively throw their hands up in disgust at stupid people doing stupid things?

Police on duty see more accidents than a citizen will see in their life. And when they're off duty they certainly see how far too many punks fly around without helmets, care, or lights. I suspect that it doesn't take long to develop the "whatever - let the fools kill themselves if they want" attitude.

I am all for personal choice (for adults), helmet up to you. However, the govt hospitals get to take care of the messed up and that costs money, taxpayer money. I think the 1 baht health coverage is still in effect (correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps if mcy riders (if at fault in an accident) were fully responsible for their and their passenger's medical bills, that might motivate some to follow the laws.

More so, if those running govt here were truly concerned, they would go all out on a public education program - TV commercials, YTubes, FB, signage, etc. Video of that accident and EXPLICIT images of the kids laying messed up and bloody on the pavement - show that, learn from that.

Probably the govt has the same attitude as police and would never want to 'loose face' by saying they have a road death problem.

3 minutes ago, glennb6 said:

Law says 2 up on a bike, helmet, lights, reasonable speed for conditions, and drive like you know everyone is trying to kill you and keep your head on a swivel. Police, know what those laws are and what is and is not reckless driving. They know the public knows these things too, but so many refuse to wear helmets, drive like they are indestructible and will never meet concrete.

At what point do police figuratively throw their hands up in disgust at stupid people doing stupid things?

Police on duty see more accidents than a citizen will see in their life. And when they're off duty they certainly see how far too many punks fly around without helmets, care, or lights. I suspect that it doesn't take long to develop the "whatever - let the fools kill themselves if they want" attitude.

I am all for personal choice (for adults), helmet up to you. However, the govt hospitals get to take care of the messed up and that costs money, taxpayer money. I think the 1 baht health coverage is still in effect (correct me if I'm wrong). Perhaps if mcy riders (if at fault in an accident) were fully responsible for their and their passenger's medical bills, that might motivate some to follow the laws.

More so, if those running govt here were truly concerned, they would go all out on a public education program - TV commercials, YTubes, FB, signage, etc. Video of that accident and EXPLICIT images of the kids laying messed up and bloody on the pavement - show that, learn from that.

Probably the govt has the same attitude as police and would never want to 'loose face' by saying they have a road death problem.

Do you not think the BiB off duty also drive daft, send their underage kids to school on a m/cycle with no helmet.....?

No sense no feeling. 

4 kids one bike. 

Hit him on the right side as he did a right hand u turn. 

Speaks for itself. 

But the keyboard warriors will still have a better opinion than the basics. 

Kids 

Bike

4 on it.

On the rh side of the car.

Car turns right. 

TIT.

On 8/7/2019 at 3:26 AM, 01322521959 said:

If you are following a vehicle and the vehicle decides to indicate and do a U turn and you slam into it, you are at fault for riding without due care and attention. Here there were 4 kids, I guess without a license, helmets or insurance. They are totally at fault, not least because they are illegally riding on a pubic highway. 

Feel sorry for the car driver. Throw the book at the kids parents. 

Merely indicating does not mean that one had observed properly, is doing "the right thing in the right place" or has a "right of way".

The truth is that this was just one more example of  "Another Perfect Storm on Thailands Roads".

Everybody got it wrong.

LOS (S=SNAFU).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived