Udon man sets fire to his Benz because rich daddy wouldn't pay his bar bill

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A son of a property developer in Udon Thani ran up a 5,000 baht bar bill at Tawan Daeng Pub in Udon Thani then told staff he had no money to pay. 

They knew him well and let him drive off and find his mother and father to get the money. 

But Kittisak Kritklao's wealthy father refused to bail him out and he drove off in a huff. 

Kittisak hit a bridge on the Ban Leuam to Na Sai road and ended up in a field. 

He then doused his CLS 250 CDI Mercedes Benz (2012) in gasoline and set fire to it. 

Friends then came and picked him up and took him to hospital. 

Police and fire services at the scene found his stony faced father - he was property developer Pilot Officer La-iat Kritklao and he wouldn't say anything to reporters. 

But Udon Thani police chief Pol Col Sarayuth Champhiw said that the father told him that his son was suffering from mental issues and liked to make trouble. He told him all about his son's night out. 

The car appears to be on hire purchase as it is owned by a bank. 

The police plan on interviewing Kittisak - known as "Sia Toom Tam - when he recovers. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-05

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Two things spring to my mind:

There was a song in The Sound Of Music, with the line: 'You are sixteen going on seventeen'.

I'd guess it would be nearer the mark in Udon: 'You are twenty going five'

Also in the Just Willam books, Violet Elizabeth, a lisping spoiled girl: "I'll thcream and thcream 'till I'm thick"

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Kittisak hit a bridge on the Ban Leuam to Na Sai road and ended up in a field. 

He then doused his CLS 250 CDI Mercedes Benz (2012) in gasoline and set fire to it. 

Did they check him for substances that he obviously couldn't handle?

41 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Also in the Just Willam books, Violet Elizabeth, a lisping spoiled girl: "I'll thcream and thcream 'till I'm thick"

There's a memory jogger from 4 odd decades ago.

Thanx.

Brilliant books.

May have to revisit them.

Along with Biggles titles.

And in my not-so-innocent teen years - Sven Hassel....

Re the op,

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Now that is a funny headline.

The car is on hire purchase so now the bank will want its money back in full as there is no longer collateral, the car is a write off. Maybe the police should enquire if there is a drink driving case to answer after a 5,000 baht bar bill

One of these years, Thai parents are going to have to start telling their sons, from a very young age:

1. You are nothing special, on any level. Once you prove yourself as a man, and do things that benefit your people, your family, and society, you will start to earn the respect you will then deserve. Until then, the jury is out. Make a mark on the world, and then you will be considered worthy.

2. Your sisters are far better than you. They are smarter, they work harder, they are more ambitious, and everyone knows this nation would grind to a halt overnight, without it's women. It is up to you to show that you are as worthy, as they are.  

Many Thai men appear to be 30, 40, or 50 years old. But inside, they remain 13. Little in the way of emotional development, partly due to too much coddling, and believing the nonsense their parents tell them, about how special they are, because they are boys. That craziness has to stop. It is producing a nation of stunted individuals. 

This creep burns his Mercedes, to spite his father. Reminds me of when I was a kid. I stopped playing guitar, because my parents would not get me a teacher that was "hip" enough. Guess who lost out on that deal?

4 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

There's a memory jogger from 4 odd decades ago.

Thanx.

Brilliant books.

May have to revisit them.

Along with Biggles titles.

And in my not-so-innocent teen years - Sven Hassel....

Biggles most popular adventure: Biggles Flies Undone.

It was probably set in Pattaya.

54 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Did they check him for substances that he obviously couldn't handle?

According  to the OP's article "But Udon Thani police chief Pol Col Sarayuth Champhiw said that the father told him that his son was suffering from mental issues and liked to make trouble. He told him all about his son's night out."

Maybe the lad suffers from a condition he can't help.

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Biggles most popular adventure: Biggles Flies Undone.

It was probably set in Pattaya.

Biggles Gets His Men

Biggles Takes It Rough 

I think I'd better stop there.

Archived