15 suspects believed to have taken part in Bangkok bombings

webfact

15 suspects believed to have taken part in Bangkok bombings

By The Nation

800_ddb4c16f795adb8.jpg?v=1564983334

Police investigators have learned that 15 suspects took part in carrying out the series of bomb attacks in Bangkok last Friday morning (August 2), according to a well-informed source.

The source from an investigative team said today (August 5) that three suspects had so far been arrested and police are now hunting for another 12.

The source said the 15 suspects were divided into teams of two or working alone to carry out the attacks.

The source said investigators had determined that a total of four suspects from the same group had carried out the bomb attacks in front of the Government Complex in Chaeng Watthana and in front of the Office of the Defence Permanent Secretary in Sri Samarn area.

The investigators found that two suspects had worked together to plant bombs in front of the Government Complex, with a third assigned to the front of the Office of the Defence Permanent Secretary, while the fourth suspect delivered the homemade bombs to the two teams.

The source added that the two teams had stayed at the same rented house on Soi Phaholyothin 107 in Pathum Thani’s Thanya Burit district.

They got the bombs from a delivery man at the Makro Rangsit shopping mall and took taxis to the bomb sites.

The bomb delivery man left on a motorcycle, heading in the direction of Pathum Thani after handing bombs to the three other suspects, source added.

The source said police had so far interrogated three taxi drivers who delivered the two teams to the bomb sites and picked up the team at one of the two sites.

The source added that two suspects, who were arrested aboard a bus in Chumphon, were being detained at the Provincial Police 9’s police training school. The two were suspected of planting bombs in front of the Royal Thai Police headquarters but the bombs were detected before they exploded.

The source said police learned that these two suspects had crossed the border to Malaysia and back to Thailand via the Sungai Kolok border checkpoint several times.

They crossed the border to Malaysia in July and later travelled to Bangkok from there, the source added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374227

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-05

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

where's all the damage photos, all I saw was some cracked glass at a station? Glad no one was hurt but the effect of these devices don't seem anywhere near what was used in Hua Hin a while back..

Apparently 2 women are in hospital receiving treatment for injuries sustained from the bombing attacks.There's a thread about it.

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

The two were suspected of planting bombs in front of the Royal Thai Police headquarters but the bombs were detected before they exploded.

I thought those 2 bombs were fake,did not contain any explosives,

so could not explode ?

regards Worgeordie

19 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Apparently 2 women are in hospital receiving treatment for injuries sustained from the bombing attacks.There's a thread about it.

The devices used in Hua Hin were far more deadly and destructive (lucky for the two women they probably would of been killed). They also were attributed to the south. Something doesn't add up to me on this one. If it was the south it almost looks like it was symbolic, like 'we can get to you in your heart'. Especially when you consider the explosive damage done by some of the devices set off down there on a fairly regular basis. This was nothing like the bombs that go off in Yala and Pattani.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police investigators have learned that 15 suspects took part in carrying out the series of bomb attacks in Bangkok

Expect that number to dwindle down to oblivion and soon forgotten. The police don’t seem to have any success in convicting any bombers except in the Deep South. The 2016 bombings in 5 locations that resulted in fatalities have all but forgotten with no one convicted. The Erawan bombers are still in court with no sentencing for next couple of years. As usual the police will have scores of suspects picked up at random to give the image of top notch efficient police work. They will soon be released for lack of evidence. Always the case. 

53 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My understanding is that was one ping-pong bomb that students had hidden with a pen gun that the cleaners found and caused to explode.  No timer.  Nothing to do with the other bombs that day.

57 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

so could not explode ?

regards Worgeordie

Which means they could have taken 1,000 years to detect the bombs and still would have said they detected them before they exploded because that shows just how fantastic detectives they really are?

The source from an investigative team said today (August 5) that three suspects had so far been arrested and police are now hunting for another 12.

The source said the 15 suspects were divided into teams of two or working alone to carry out the attacks

Looks like some high power brains working on the case finding out early on that 15 is not divisible by two????

Its too early to discredit the police I think , I read a lot of negative comments on Thaivisa about the RTP weekly. But they can be very effective at times, also if Thais are involved in the crimes. 

I would say good job so far, I am sure they will catch more. 

3 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Which means they could have taken 1,000 years to detect the bombs and still would have said they detected them before they exploded because that shows just how fantastic detectives they really are?

Maybe they found the fake bombs, with the fake bomb detectors.

regards worgeordie

Suspects foreigners?

After all, Thai blame everything on foreigners! But not on Thai.

Today, in Pattaya or is it Phattaya,  I saw a Thai male on a motorbike, at the intersection near Greek corner bar, I'm  sure some readers will know the location, with no helmet using his mobile phone smoking then throwing the butt on the ground whilst parked on the pedestrian  crossing, then with typical Thai ego impatience, jumped the red light.

This is Paradise and foreigners want to retire here!

Net closing on other bomb suspects

By THE NATION

800_7e2cec06737a1b4.jpg

Arrest warrants are being prepared for two male suspects recorded by surveillance cameras planting explosives at separate state facilities last week.

Assistant police chief Lt General Suwat Jaengyordsuk said on Monday one suspect planted a bomb at the Government Complex northwest of Bangkok and the other at the nearby Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters. Both men appeared to be in their 20s or 30s.

He said police acquired images from surveillance cameras at all bomb sites in Bangkok and vicinity and were in the process of identifying all the suspects.

A Phaya Thai police source said officers had made good progress in analysing surveillance recordings from four locations in the Pratunam area, where arson attacks occurred, as well as from a BTS station where a bomb detonated.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374262

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-05

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The source said the 15 suspects were divided into teams of two or working alone to carry out the attacks

Looks like some high power brains working on the case finding out early on that 15 is not divisible by two????

I guess you missed the "or working alone" part the Sammie...????

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

so could not explode ?

regards Worgeordie

Well, that would explain how they found them.  They have the most sophisticated fake bomb detectors to detect them.

20 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

where's all the damage photos, all I saw was some cracked glass at a station? Glad no one was hurt but the effect of these devices don't seem anywhere near what was used in Hua Hin a while back..

This was just a publicity exercise... no need for real carnage !

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Expect that number to dwindle down to oblivion and soon forgotten. The police don’t seem to have any success in convicting any bombers except in the Deep South. The 2016 bombings in 5 locations that resulted in fatalities have all but forgotten with no one convicted. The Erawan bombers are still in court with no sentencing for next couple of years. As usual the police will have scores of suspects picked up at random to give the image of top notch efficient police work. They will soon be released for lack of evidence. Always the case. 

12 bombers..

..why do you say only 9 bombers..

its only 5 bombers...

2 bombers...

gone

...what, where, when..?

solved

next!

????

Archived