The Rock 'tequila toasts' fans for 'Hobbs & Shaw' Rotten Tomatoes rating

snoop1130

The Rock 'tequila toasts' fans for 'Hobbs & Shaw' Rotten Tomatoes rating

By Greer McNally

b5082ff0-b612-11e9-9dff-c3bcf043d6aa.jpg

Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham arrive at the premiere for "Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw". REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

The Rock is all about his fans. So he must be pretty happy with them right now.

Why? Because the first viewer reviews for Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw hit Rotten Tomatoes yesterday – and the movie has been awarded a whopping 90 per cent audience score.

No wonder then, the action star took to social media to big up his following. He simply said, “Wow.”

Before adding, “Huge thank you to the fans for making HOBBS & SHAW the highest audience score in the history of the Fast & Furious franchise. Cheers with a tequila toast of gratitude.”

Full Story: https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/the-rock-tequila-toasts-fans-for-rotten-tomatoes-rating-181242919.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXdzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAEelCUHuWEkW5utinQWE-RUwYUP8Z1XiXFjwQN6QFQ5cwRPxiGlX7W58j1WdpWXQhLHIYBkQ_4JhV1moNATp8lJyLQUAyujUAwA9IjmL3omrIKf4k9IZrG33MHxC1XNzgoNtMCX8Mwl5wAXaLEtyTNDB_Osvo1Z82SCKwDoafxes

I never got what Rotten Tomatoes is about: does the higher score mean it is more rotten?  A lot of members of the younger generations have this "it's so bad that it's good" thing, like watching terrible youth-market movies from the 1970s.  Recently heard a guy on a US radio station who wrote a song about "Corvette Summer."

Saw the movie, and was a little disappointed to be honest. At the end of the last F&F movie, Hobbs and Shaw were sat down with the gang and all close like family. This movie pretends that didn't happen and builds itself around the two leads hating each other and bickering, massive action sequence, more bickering, action, and so on. I understand that with F&F you need to let go of any pretence of reality, but in this case I just think it was poorly scripted and put together.

The movie looks really horrendous. I do admit, I am not a fan of non-stop action, without much of a story line. Transformers, Avengers, and similar kid fare. And Hollywood feels the need to continue ratcheting up the action, to the point that it is inane, nearly incomprehensible, and juvenile. 

Having said that, if a sponsor came along, and paid me $12,500, I would sit through it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, spidermike007 said:

The movie looks really horrendous. I do admit, I am not a fan of non-stop action, without much of a story line. Transformers, Avengers, and similar kid fare. And Hollywood feels the need to continue ratcheting up the action, to the point that it is inane, nearly incomprehensible, and juvenile. 

Having said that, if a sponsor came along, and paid me $12,500, I would sit through it. 

It was dire. It did have a story line though, but it was rubbish.

He certainly isn't thanking me.

Archived