Retirement Extension Refused, CM today.

maybefitz

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

You have read correctly. Madam Moon and I were married in Bangkok 5 years ago. But we were able to get a KOR 2 from an Amphur in a small town in rural Issan.

It's a simple process that only took about 30 mins. (and 400 THB)

Good luck with the re-app @maybefitz

Mine was 20 baht also

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

That’s why the adverts state “ Amazing Thailand “ one day they are going to ask why the economy is on the slide the truth is a lot of ex pats including myself are now seriously considering moving on not because the baht is strong ( 36.9 baht £ today ) but because every IO interprets the regulations in a different way , if it wasn’t for the fact that I have a property I would have already left to a more welcoming country . I feel for you and the turmoil you have had to go through after all these years, I hope things will work out . 

Yet another person that thinks that the Thai economy will collapse if retirees leave. Thanks for the laugh.

18 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

I spoke with several expats in udon Thani who are now having the same problem, it seems they want the $800 in the bank. Not accepting the monthly income for many now. 

I'm surprised they aren't recommending an agent, that they might know that can help put things together, for a fee of about 20,000 to 25,000 baht, now I didn't say the immigration officers get anything out of that, now did I ????

20 hours ago, maybefitz said:

including going back to the Amphur where we were married, to get a ‘Tor Ror 2’

Kor Raw 2, available at any amphur office, just show your marriage certificate, costs 20bht.

CM immigration always want that for marriage extension.

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Yes you are right fishtank it is 20 THB. But my wife is ever a generous soul and always hands out 'a little for eat', as she calls it.

A wife that's generous with your money, always worth having.

My (former) wife would have sworn blind it was 400bht, and pocketed 380bht (if I had given her the chance).

2 hours ago, gamini said:

all these years I was reading on this forum that getting a marriage visa was a hassle and I've stuck with a retirement visa, Because of the new financial requirements I found that I was obliged to apply for marriage visa. Getting it was a breeze. It took just over half an hour and the immigration officials were friendly and helpful. I only had to keep 400 K in the bank for two months and I didn't need to go back and pick up the extension a month later. A friend of mine was able to do this for me. So there is really a lot of misinformation on this forum and most of the problems with immigration are because of not having the right documentation or sufficient funds. 

The first time I applied for the marriage visa they told me that I needed to do the retirement extension as it would be given on the spot and the marriage one if I applied would have to go to BKK and take up to a month, so I went with this.

I wasn't happy with this, but as I was granted an extension on the day, I made sure I lodged for the marriage extension the following year, they tried to talk me out of it again, but I dug my wifes heels in and they took the paperwork reluctantly, to this day, I don't know why, maybe less of a hassle, e.g. file the retirement extension paperwork away with no one checking the paperwork, verses BKK going for the cross the T's, dot the I's approach on paperwork submitted. 

including going back to the Amphur where we were married, to get a ‘Tor Ror 2’ verification of marriage,

You can go to any Amphur, well at least for Korat application.

Cost 20 baht, show them original document and wifes ID card.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Kor Raw 2, available at any amphur office, just show your marriage certificate, costs 20bht.

Sorry, you are wrong. To get ours, we drove the 100k to our own Amphur in Phrao. No, they said, must be where all the paperwork is at the Amphur where you were married. So, drive the 100k back to central CM only to find the office has now moved to the Government complex at Mai Rim. Sorted it out and paid 40 baht for 2 copies.

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

First year you need to give original copy (two of them given) and just gave them one. Next year they just took a copy from us.

10 minutes ago, maybefitz said:

Sorry, you are wrong. To get ours, we drove the 100k to our own Amphur in Phrao. No, they said, must be where all the paperwork is at the Amphur where you were married. So, drive the 100k back to central CM only to find the office has now moved to the Government complex at Mai Rim. Sorted it out and paid 40 baht for 2 copies.

It's held on the national Amphur database and linked to her ID card and thumbprint.

They just gave you the runaround.

Simple really just have dead cash pf 800k in a thai bank for foreigners! To that end i find it really odd that foreigners have to show an income of 65k when a national Thai if lucky gets a pension of 15k month. it's also reported that the average wage on Bangkok is 25k month! It's screw the foreigners for sure

7 hours ago, lexilis said:

This is correct. I am a US citizen in exactly this situation. I have been using the combo method for 5 years but now my extension is being denied even though the combination of income (US Social Security) plus the untouched fixed account balance is well over 800k.

According to some delusional posters, nothing has changed, you are another of the many posters who have found out that is not the case.

20 hours ago, thequietman said:

All of them on the take, from top to bottom. It never ends! Absolutely no sense or moral scruples or any effort to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Terrible people. ????

Similarly when I went for a yellow book it seemed like the paperwork had been done but the last person to deal with it began a go slow and said it's nearly lunchtime. My wife gave her Bt200 and said this is for your lunch. Yellow book handed over in a flash. Money is the only grease to ease slow working crooks.

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Just bite the bullet & stick 800,000 Bht in the bank here.

Sooner or later it will be the only accepted way

I agree.  My 800 is in the bank many months early just in case they come up with something to mess it up.  As they used to say, the handwriting is on the wall......and for the life of me I have no idea where that came from.

1 hour ago, maybefitz said:

Nope.. I was married down south.. Used to be you had to get it from where married but changed many years back.. Any amphur can provide it now. 

21 hours ago, fishtank said:

Wow. The correct fee is 20 Baht.

Mine was free, no charge at Pakkret, Nonthaburi. After 18 years was flabbergasted this year immigration needed a new Kor Ror 2 (verify we are still married). This year has been the worst renewal experience in my 25 years living here with TM30 fiasco and fined 3,000 baht.

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

many are simply corrupt not necessarily terrible... i have friends tried an agent for the first time this year and said it was like slicing butter with a hot knife so easy (and sleazy)

If it’s so easy with an agent, would IOs be inclined to boost business by finding ways to deny, or at least not leaving any leeway??

1 hour ago, Harveyg said:

i have friends tried an agent for the first time this year and said it was like slicing butter with a hot knife so easy (and sleazy)

As always on these threads people say "using an agent" with different meanings. I've used "agents" in Chiang Mai for years to extend the retirement visa just for convenience not because I did not meet the immigration requirements. People frequently imply that using an agent means one is trying to illegally circumvent the requirements. That is BS. None of the top 4 or 5 visa assist agencies in CM will assist you if you do not meet the requirements (yes as stupid as the requirements are now). Now for Americans and Brits the "combo method" of meeting the 800k requirement is not allowed (because of the lack of embassy certificate). If your incoming foreign transfers are greater than 65k they will accept bank records to verify but if they are 61k they will not (even if you can show you have an additional untouched 300k sitting in a Thai bank). This combination method still works for dozens of nationalities but not anymore for the US. Yes, there are "agents" that can be found online that even openly advertise they can facilitate visa extension even if you have no money in the bank and insufficient monthly income. Definitely very sleazy and apparently as far as I know only operating out of Pattaya and Bangkok. I would not risk it. Besides I live in CM and my extension must come from CM immigration.   

Just a quick question do the agents have to be in the area where your immigration office is or do people use them anywhere and who are the recommended ones to use thanks
No, my agent was in Pattaya. But I had to go there. Not long ago (last year) passport could be EMSed. I used Visa Express, 081 175 1424. Went smoothly.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I find it really irritating that the only sure way to beat all this is to use an agent and shell out accordingly.  But hey I know, money talks here if you want things done. I used agents twice first to get the retirement visa in Bangkok, then to extend it in Pattaya. I then got married and moved to Isaan, so switched to marriage extension. Did that myself as don't know of any agents round here and anyway thought could this be so difficult? Well yes and no. Alot of paperwork plus witness, note from village chief, photos of us in home, bank book updated on the day with a small withdrawal and deposit plus bank letter. Then home visit, then wait 3 weeks to return to IO, but got there. Only marriage certificate required not the registration certificate, although I have that. We did get a marriage certificate and registration certificate each but my wife has lost both of hers of course. Extended like this several times but last year I went to Savanekhet and got a multiple entry non O visa with evidence of marriage. Copy certificate, copies wife's ID card and blue book, all signed by her. I think that was it. Wife didn't want to come and didn't need to. No money evidence, not even to re enter the day after I left Much simpler and as easy to get to from where I live, as the IO for the region, although a boring night in Savanekhet is required. But made a change from a boring night at home! Of course I do have to leave Thailand every 90 days now and come back. Not a problem, with my increased liquidity we can take a holiday somewhere! And I spend considerable time in Europe each year anyway so why keep money tied up in Thailand. Could come a cropper if things change at Savanekhet though. I'd have to start all over again.......or just leave and not come back????

Sorry to waffle on, bored again as wife is hogging TV watching a "scary" movie, so thought I'd risk boring  you all. ????????

11 minutes ago, tonboy said:

Besides I live in CM and my extension must come from CM immigration.   

I assumed this. The extension stamp in the passport identifies a specific immigration officer and office I believe. I think that you must get new visas (extensions) from the office in the province you live in. If your stamp say Pattaya and you live in CM then they would immediately know it is illegal. Right?

4 minutes ago, lexilis said:

I assumed this. The extension stamp in the passport identifies a specific immigration officer and office I believe. I think that you must get new visas (extensions) from the office in the province you live in. If your stamp say Pattaya and you live in CM then they would immediately know it is illegal. Right?

You could possibly have moved to Pattaya temporarily at the time your extension was due, then back to CM.

9 hours ago, gamini said:

all these years I was reading on this forum that getting a marriage visa was a hassle and I've stuck with a retirement visa, Because of the new financial requirements I found that I was obliged to apply for marriage visa. Getting it was a breeze. It took just over half an hour and the immigration officials were friendly and helpful. I only had to keep 400 K in the bank for two months and I didn't need to go back and pick up the extension a month later. A friend of mine was able to do this for me. So there is really a lot of misinformation on this forum and most of the problems with immigration are because of not having the right documentation or sufficient funds. 

Depends on what office is used.  Each office makes their owns rules. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:29 PM, thequietman said:

All of them on the take, from top to bottom. It never ends! Absolutely no sense or moral scruples or any effort to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Terrible people. ????

Whereas in Japan, very opposite.  Absolute idiots here.  Welcome to the new way of immigration here.  No sense in fighting it, just move to another country.

4 hours ago, mike787 said:

Whereas in Japan, very opposite.  Absolute idiots here.  Welcome to the new way of immigration here.  No sense in fighting it, just move to another country.

Japan, surprisingly, is quite a corrupt country. Most of the corruption is at the large business and governmental level. It doesn't reach the lower strata as it does in Thailand.

Archived