Retirement Extension Refused, CM today.

maybefitz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To the OP. I suggest you take the easy option and use an agent. I gave up on doing it myself and do not regret at all.

BTW, I'm sorry to see that in the UK they have that abominable practice of alimony. I thought only the US had that atrocity against men.

We don't have alimony in the UK. We have maintenance.

20 minutes ago, Dellboy218 said:

I am into 3rd hour waiting in immigration for a retirement extension at the monent.  Do not bother down loading the form from the Thai immigration website it is not acceptable here.

Interesting that CM insist on using the older design TM7 form. The TI website has the newer design - you can compare the two, as the new one has "2" at the top of the second page (plus the top of the form, (as well as in English) has ตม7, whereas the old form has ตม๗).

Being an untrusting sort of person, when I went to Udon immigration a couple of weeks ago, I printed out both completed versions (printing out the required details using my PC), then took them both with me.

They refused the older version I had successfully used the previous year, giving me the new ("2") version to fill instead.

I just took that completed new version out of my folder and gave it to the IO. He didn't bat an eyelid.

2 hours ago, Dellboy218 said:

I am into 3rd hour waiting in immigration for a retirement extension at the monent.  Do not bother down loading the form from the Thai immigration website it is not acceptable here.

Arrived yesterday morning 9.40 received no. 7 for retirement extension, already no. 5 at the counter, waited 20 minutes and 10.20 extension approved !  beats getting up at 5am as I have for many years to queue and only be told come back in the afternoon.

Great service CM immigration 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:35 AM, LivinLOS said:

How is this news to anyone by now ?? 

Money must be an international deposit into a Thai bank account, 65k monthly..

Combo only accepted with income affidavit. 

I thought I read somewhere in Thaivisa there is no combo option now.

It is either 65k or 800k.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, nichopaulcnx said:

Arrived yesterday morning 9.40 received no. 7 for retirement extension, already no. 5 at the counter, waited 20 minutes and 10.20 extension approved !  beats getting up at 5am as I have for many years to queue and only be told come back in the afternoon.

Great service CM immigration 

That's because in the past, the agents went through the back door and the officer had to 'disappear' to attend to them.

It seems that the agents have mostly (but not all) been eliminated.

Dante99: Wrong.  Combo is available for those who can get an Embassy/Consulate letter.

Comment:

I thought the embassy letter (from those embassy's still providing it) was sufficient by itself. 

Is that indeed the case?

If so, why would anybody bother with either the 800/400K method or the 65K method or trying to finagle and explain an individual specific combination?

Dante99: Wrong.  Combo is available for those who can get an Embassy/Consulate letter.

Comment:

I thought the embassy letter (from those embassy's still providing it) was sufficient by itself. 

Is that indeed the case?

If so, why would anybody bother with either the 800/400K method or the 65K method or trying to finagle and explain an individual specific combination?(quote)

If the letter is for less than 65,000, it is not sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, OneZero said:

Comment:

Is that indeed the case?

If so, why would anybody bother with either the 800/400K method or the 65K method or trying to finagle and explain an individual specific combination?

I have blocked certain nasty people from my posts. Why are you showing their posts?

See my reply on another thread.

I was informed by an agent that CMI is now requiring an earnings statement/letter from the SSA.....

She showed me an example in letter format, with the personal info whited out....

Has anyone else run into this CMI "requirement"?

If so, can this information be retrieved online?

I'm over half a year away, but laying out the groundwork in advance.....

Archived