Jump to content
BANGKOK
CMoldie

Registering a new vehicle with a pink ID card

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Yellow book + passport would also have worked to register the vehicle,

I have heard of this combination being refused in Chiang Mai and the applicant being sent for a residence certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OP, Depending on the office, there are 3-4 things that the DLT will usually accept as proof of address, a resident certificate, a yellow book, a work permit (when they had address on them) or a consulate letter. As for ID, they will either accept passport (name in english) or pink ID (name in Thai).

Yellow book with your name in Thai script doesnt match a passport ID where your name is in English, and vica versa, pink ID wont match english name on resident certificate.

Edited by Peterw42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CMoldie said:

I have heard of this combination being refused in Chiang Mai and the applicant being sent for a residence certificate.

The 4 legal ways of proving your residency when you dont have a tabien baan are 

1) Letter from immigration
2) Letter from Embassy 
3) Work permit (old style, new style hit and miss) 

4) Yellow house book. 

Pink ID card adds nothing to the yellow house book.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, Depending on the office, there are 3-4 things that the DLT will usually accept as proof of address, a resident certificate, a yellow book, a work permit (when they had address on them) or a consulate letter. As for ID, they will either accept passport (name in english) or pink ID (name in Thai).

Yellow book with your name in Thai script doesnt match a passport ID where your name is in English, and vica versa, pink ID wont match english name on resident certificate.

How do Australian citizens deal with the embassy letter issue, which they no longer issue? Not sure about other embassies, but the Aussies stopped doing them at the beginning of the year, alongside the income letters. Looks like Aussies now need to deal with immigration, unless they have either a yellow book or work permit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I use my pink card for everything it’s always in my wallet discount at my dentist my local government hospital on the ferry boat even the private hospital gave me Thai rate so as far as I am concerned it is well worth having I never ever take my passport out of the safe  no need to pink ID as well as Thai driver license is all I have ever used my passport is only brought out for immigration or when leaving the country.

Private hospitals should have one rate for all, at least all the hospitals I've ever gone to do. Do you know which hospitals employ dual pricing so I know to avoid them? The only one I am definitely aware of that does this is Sriraj hospital but that's a government hospital. You couldn't pay me to go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I use my pink card for everything it’s always in my wallet discount at my dentist my local government hospital on the ferry boat even the private hospital gave me Thai rate so as far as I am concerned it is well worth having I never ever take my passport out of the safe  no need to pink ID as well as Thai driver license is all I have ever used my passport is only brought out for immigration or when leaving the country.

Never found anything a pnk ID was good for the driving license wasnt.. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

The 4 legal ways of proving your residency when you dont have a tabien baan are 

1) Letter from immigration
2) Letter from Embassy 
3) Work permit (old style, new style hit and miss) 

4) Yellow house book. 

Pink ID card adds nothing to the yellow house book.. 

Letter from embassy? How knows my embassy where I live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marius Brok said:

Letter from embassy? How knows my embassy where I live?

You go and tell them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 7:47 AM, jackdd said:

You didn't need a certificate of residence because you have the yellow book, not because you have the pink id card.

Yellow book + passport would also have worked to register the vehicle, so the pink id card didn't make it easier 😉

The OPs point is that the pink card is useful. For some weird reason some people don’t want to accept that it is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Never found anything a pnk ID was good for the driving license wasnt.. 

So you have a pink card then,  otherwise you wouldn’t know

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...