Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 08:27
CMoldie

Registering a new vehicle with a pink ID card

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The OPs point is that the pink card is useful. For some weird reason some people don’t want to accept that it is. 

My point is, OP wanted to show an example of how the pink id card is useful, but actually it didn't offer any advantage in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I find it really weird that no matter how many times we give examples of when a pink card has helped us, they anti brigade tell us it’s useless

I think there's fingerprintig involved, some people don't like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

My point is, OP wanted to show an example of how the pink id card is useful, but actually it didn't offer any advantage in this case.

 

The advantage is that the op didn't need to carry his passport which is the only other ID the LTD would accept.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I think there's fingerprintig involved, some people don't like that.

And why would that be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, highonthai said:

And why would that be? 

Beats me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

So you have a pink card then,  otherwise you wouldn’t know

I have / had at an old address.. My current amphur demands the poo yai baan attend and I as I found zero practical use for it, havent jumped through the hoops of doing the yellow book here.. 

 

So... any more questions ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

I think there's fingerprintig involved, some people don't like that.

There’s fingerprinting involved in entering the country. Will those people not come now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

I find it really weird that no matter how many times we give examples of when a pink card has helped us, they anti brigade tell us it’s useless. 

And yet theres never one concrete benefit... In fact the OP is miss guided enough to think his Pink ID did anything, when in fact the yellow house book was the sole reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LivinLOS said:

I have / had at an old address.. My current amphur demands the poo yai baan attend and I as I found zero practical use for it, havent jumped through the hoops of doing the yellow book here.. 

 

So... any more questions ??

I didn’t ask any questions. However I have found both my yellow book AND pink card extremely useful many times over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

So you have a pink card then,  otherwise you wouldn’t know

I found the yellow book useful many times.. Big time saver if buying selling vehicles, licenses, etc etc.. 

 

Can you give any single reason the Pink ID card is useful eg more use than just having my passport and Thai driving license. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I didn’t ask any questions. However I have found both my yellow book AND pink card extremely useful many times over.

I agree with the yellow book (don't have the pink card). Does the pink card give the same benefits as the yellow book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I found the yellow book useful many times.. Big time saver if buying selling vehicles, licenses, etc etc.. 

 

Can you give any single reason the Pink ID card is useful eg more use than just having my passport and Thai driving license. 

Buying a SIM card,  checking in hotels, equal pricing at national park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vacuum said:

I agree with the yellow book (don't have the pink card). Does the pink card give the same benefits as the yellow book?

Like everything here, it can vary from one place to another. So some place will accept pink card some won’t. One simple example. I was buying a SIM to give to a visiting family member. True wouldn’t accept my pink card. AIS took it no questions asked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Buying a SIM card,  checking in hotels, equal pricing at national park. 

As already stated, Pink ID card doesnt entitle you to National Park / Thai rate, tho sometimes nice park folks let people in, same as they let people with Thai driving licenses in. Watched a mate become very deflated when refused only a month or two ago, after making a big fuss about how he had one to get the stone cold 'not Thai'.. 

SIM cards, checking in hotels, again none of these things are any different at all to Thai DL or passport. 

 

Surely you can name 1 actual reason to get one ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Like everything here, it can vary from one place to another. So some place will accept pink card some won’t. One simple example. I was buying a SIM to give to a visiting family member. True wouldn’t accept my pink card. AIS took it no questions asked

I use a 'proxy' when buing a sim or phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...