Condo

ExpertWarrior221

3 hours ago, ExpertWarrior221 said:

What about the Huai Khwang area? I am new to bangkok, i don't know much about the locations, any specific areas through which I can reach asoke within less time

A few stops away you can find places at that price - Huay Khwang or Sutthisan are just a short MRT ride down to Asoke, or Phra Khanong, On nut and beyond are also options on the BTS.

Best to arrange short term accommodation at first while you look around to see which area and place is suitable for you. You can find a realistic idea of prices and units available on here:

https://www.renthub.in.th/en

9 hours ago, ExpertWarrior221 said:

What about the Huai Khwang area? I am new to bangkok, i don't know much about the locations, any specific areas through which I can reach asoke within less time

I used to stay at Siam Privi hotel, about 1.5 km from Huai Kwang MRT and there was a decent apartment next door for 4500 per month.  It is Chinese oriented, but not Chinese tourists.. big difference, but out on Rachada, there are tons of Chinese tourists.. www.seaoflovemansion.com will be a good benchmark on what the going rates are.. I know the Sukhumvit denyers will get upset, but Asoke is a ripoff tourist trap, traffic jam. It is a good location for a first timer, but things are way more sensible a few km North. 

You have zero chance of finding 11k near Asoke station. If you go up north on asoke/soi 21 then you could find that price range around Makkasan or Rama 9. If you want to be walking distance from Asoke then you can possibly find 13k in The Trendy condo or Sukhumvit Suite. I have never been to either so not sure about quality.

11 minutes ago, ExpertWarrior221 said:

okay, i might start looking at renthub and other sites related to property. Is there any agent that i can contact regarding the condos which are obviously not cash grabs and you may have experienced their guidance.

www.myhipflat.com is a good one.  Ddproperty is a good one, too, but better for buying.  The big buildings will have several listings and it will be easy to determine the going rates in the building.  Most important things.. Landlord will take care of TM30, you only pay MEA rate for electric, you get your own Internet, inverter ac.  And it is actually best to be near a main road... Moto mob sucks, and so does walking on narrow sois.  If you can at least get a songtaew most of the day, that is a consideration. Construction noise can factor in, schools create noise and traffic ( but good eats sometimes), and Temples seem to be the root of dog problems, and can also be noisy.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to stay at Siam Privi hotel, about 1.5 km from Huai Kwang MRT and there was a decent apartment next door for 4500 per month.  It is Chinese oriented, but not Chinese tourists.. big difference, but out on Rachada, there are tons of Chinese tourists.. www.seaoflovemansion.com will be a good benchmark on what the going rates are.. I know the Sukhumvit denyers will get upset, but Asoke is a ripoff tourist trap, traffic jam. It is a good location for a first timer, but things are way more sensible a few km North. 
Who cares about traffic jams. Expats live there don't drive cars in general. That's the whole point of living there
Since T21 opened I don't Even use the bts anymore as their food court is a few minutes walk and after dinner soi cowboy right text door for beers

14 minutes ago, Thainess said:

decent apartment anywhere in central BKK costs 30-50k these days...)

Not really, I rent a 33 sqm apartment in Thonglor ( Alley 8 ) for 25000 ThB, electricity, water, wi-Fi, cleaning 1 time in the week / 1 year contract.

I admit, however, it isn't current.

Im in Phra Khanong this year. There are loads of condos close to your price range.????

If you need a reputable and trustworthy agent, pm me. English speaking dual US Thai. Knows his stuff and a fabulous dude even though he's from Virginia.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:38 PM, JPhillips said:

To get bang for your buck, consider new condominiums around Phetchaburi MRT and Rama 9 MRT area. Rent should be in the range of 13-15k.

The condos there are horrible, in that there is waaay to much construction around there. 

It ain't just the building but the surroundings too.

Archived