BANGKOK

14 minutes ago, Thainess said:

decent apartment anywhere in central BKK costs 30-50k these days...)

Not really, I rent a 33 sqm apartment in Thonglor ( Alley 8 ) for 25000 ThB, electricity, water, wi-Fi, cleaning 1 time in the week / 1 year contract.

I admit, however, it isn't current.

Posted (edited)

Huay Kwang - asking 12-17k not so near MRT. Maybe Ratchada Diamond. Lots of Chinese I think.

Maybe A Space Rama 9.

Try apartments. Same space and often amenities for 60% less.

Edited by Number 6

11k can get you a 35sqm studio with a river view on Thonburi side. How much do you need to be in Asoke?

You can look around Saphan Kwai as well. Serviced by BTS and MRT and close to Chatuchak and Lad Prao. Lots of older condo buildings pretty reasonable. You wont find that price range with a newer condo though. 

Seems like there is more of a premium to be close to a BTS compared to MRT, and there is more crazy congestion at BTS.  MRT often beats BTS is many categories.  MRT gives foreigner half price at 60...

To get bang for your buck, consider new condominiums around Phetchaburi MRT and Rama 9 MRT area. Rent should be in the range of 13-15k.

Im in Phra Khanong this year. There are loads of condos close to your price range.🤗

If you need a reputable and trustworthy agent, pm me. English speaking dual US Thai. Knows his stuff and a fabulous dude even though he's from Virginia.

On 8/29/2019 at 1:38 PM, JPhillips said:

To get bang for your buck, consider new condominiums around Phetchaburi MRT and Rama 9 MRT area. Rent should be in the range of 13-15k.

The condos there are horrible, in that there is waaay to much construction around there. 

It ain't just the building but the surroundings too.

Off topic posts and the off topic replies have been removed.