Thai Immigration Line

sfckane

In September 2019, My Thai Wife, My 11 month old son (My Son is a duel citizen) and I will be traveling to Thailand to spend time introducing our new son to her family.   When we arrive in Suvarnabhumi, will we have to separate at immigration?   Is it possible for me to accompany my wife and son through the Thai immigration side or can my wife and son accompany me through the non-Thai side?   I would like us all to stay together since I am sure processing times for both very a lot.  I just wanted to know if anyone else has done this and what they might recommend.   Thank you in advance. 

^^ No rule as such but etiquette suggests that the Thai person/passport proceed first. I was bailed up by a cantankerous old IO about 8 years ago when Thai wife, our infant son and I fronted up at his desk. My passport was on top of the pile but he slapped that to the side while berating us collectively (in Thai) for being impolite and suggesting Thailand is always first. Mrs NL reckons he didn't hold Thai woman married to a farang in high regard either. Rude old fossil.

• 2 months later...

I really wouldn’t be too worried about being separated. It’s not that big of an area. My wife is a dual US Thai citizen but always travels on her Thai passport going in. So she uses the Thai kiosk and gets thru quick. She then just waits behind the counter of the line I’m in. We come in late when it’s not that busy so separating isn’t a big issue for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 8/6/2019 at 8:28 AM, Aachen said:

If you have a thai wife or have a permanent address in TH -> Use Thai line.

Latter is not correct. If one has PR then use of Thai lane (which is not autochannel) is possible, but nowadays not many Thai lanes which are not autochannel. Autochannel can of course be used with PR providing registered.

Archived