Urea feed for cattle: meat and milk

Aksert

Hello. I am looking for suppliers/fabricants of urea cattle feed in Thailand. Factory must have ISO9001 certification and product must be export grade. Does anybody can help me by sharing links to urea producer websites in Thailand?

Any help is welcome. ????

In Thailand I am certain all the big cattle feed manufactures  CP group. or the Betagro group.

mix urea in they cattle  feed , mainly pelleted feed it is a cheap way of increasing the protein of a feed concentrate ,and all the feed company's are ISO9001.

Is it export grade ?,I am not certain , and I think they export market is small ,maybe only Malaysia ,Cambodia ,not  certain about Vietnam.

You will have to e-mail the company's  or phone the head office ,or may be the feed mills them self's  for more information .company address are on the web 

IA

Most dairy farms will buy in  cattle feed ready mixed in bags, like pig feed, in bags, some buy in the ingredients ,i.e. soya, cassava ,palm  meal maize and mix it on the farm .

Uera has a bad  name in Thailand no famer will mix it with they feed ,many years ago some famers actually mixed urea prilles with they cattle feed ,some cow died of urea poisoning ,a case in the UK ,famer had a cattle yard with straw in ,unknown to him a bag of urea fertilizer burst .mixed in with the straw ,cattle where put in the yard and ate   the straw and the urea I think 2-3 died and a lot had to be treated for urea poisoning, and some that recovered where not the same as before.

And Thais believe ,not true, urea in cattle  feed gives you an infertility problem. 

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

IA

Most dairy farms will buy in  cattle feed ready mixed in bags, like pig feed, in bags, some buy in the ingredients ,i.e. soya, cassava ,palm  meal maize and mix it on the farm .

Uera has a bad  name in Thailand no famer will mix it with they feed ,many years ago some famers actually mixed urea prilles with they cattle feed ,some cow died of urea poisoning ,a case in the UK ,famer had a cattle yard with straw in ,unknown to him a bag of urea fertilizer burst .mixed in with the straw ,cattle where put in the yard and ate   the straw and the urea I think 2-3 died and a lot had to be treated for urea poisoning, and some that recovered where not the same as before.

And Thais believe ,not true, urea in cattle  feed gives you an infertility problem. 

KS, well there you go. Thanks for filling me in. Now I have a question, does anyone use a tractor driven or static baler for part of the silage or hay feed system here?

5 hours ago, IsaanAussie said:

KS, well there you go. Thanks for filling me in. Now I have a question, does anyone use a tractor driven or static baler for part of the silage or hay feed system here?

In a nut shell no,what bit of silage that is made here is cut and chopped with a forage harvester ,for baling silage it will need to be rapped in plastic ,normally round bales are used ,and a rapping machine ,and the plastic sheeting to go with it has to be imported ,and as we know with import tax etc ,it does not make economical sense .

Not a lot of hay is made ,for some reason Pangola  grass is mainly  used for hay ,it seems a very brittle grass ,by the time it has been cut and turned and baled all the leaf ,has gone and it is all just stork's, with not a lot of feed value .

Making hay in Thailand is not easy ,has to be made in the rainy season ,when the grass grows(unless you have irrigation),it can take 3-4 days to cut and bale grass,,and some years ,not this one,rain will intervene ,a bit like making hay in a UK summer.

Nearly all bales in Thailand are  baled rice straw ,in our area the Italian Ciloria balers seem popular ,they are a few old New Holland balers about ,getting past they sell by date ,a lot are worked by Ford 6610's,but I have seen a good few worked with 36-50hp  Kubota tractors.

As for static balers not seen one of those about for a long time ,a while ago  some photos of some static balers  where posted on TV.

In Thailand I am certain all the big cattle feed manufactures  CP group. or the Betagro group.
mix urea in they cattle  feed , mainly pelleted feed it is a cheap way of increasing the protein of a feed concentrate ,and all the feed company's are ISO9001.
Is it export grade ?,I am not certain , and I think they export market is small ,maybe only Malaysia ,Cambodia ,not  certain about Vietnam.
You will have to e-mail the company's  or phone the head office ,or may be the feed mills them self's  for more information .company address are on the web 
IA
Spot on.
This is Thailand. Not listening or understanding of instructions or warning. "A lot helps a lot."
This goes for everything, as long as it is cheap. Fertiliser, pesticides, medicine, feed supplements, etc.

24 minutes ago, CLW said:
On 8/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, khwaibah said:

All about me.

image.png.7c7913c2f39f88dd3a542deaba43eef5.png

Brand, supplier and price please

Go to any Kubota dealer in Thailand. They have the market sowed up for most of isaan. We're dealing with rice straw not all alfalfa. I have not seen a unit for round bails in this area..

On 8/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Not sure what you're looking for, urea helps to bind the feed in pellets.

https://www.cargill.co.th/en/animal-nutrition

Good advert for Cargill ,except they do not make cattle fed here in Thailand .

If you have been here in Thailand a while you may know of Sunvally , the big broiler  company I think   they where a British company, Cargill took them over and have a lot of farm in Thailand ,they have about 3 million birds in my area alone.and manufacture feed for there own farms 

Not certain if they are in to pigs in Thailand,but not cattle. 

On 8/10/2019 at 9:07 AM, IsaanAussie said:

The Kubota square baler is 395,000 baht, priced it this week locally. Same price on their web site. Too rich for me, at 15baht a bale to get someone else to do it, it would take me 20 years to pay it off.

That is a lot 395k, and you will need a tractor ,they are  web sights about selling second hand equipment , maybe a Kubota dealer has one ,and as I said they are the Italian one's and before any one lifts they hands in horror , secondhand equipment can be fixed and ,and labour is not that expensive ,could be a lot cheaper than buying in new.  

4 hours ago, kickstart said:

Good advert for Cargill ,except they do not make cattle fed here in Thailand .

If you have been here in Thailand a while you may know of Sunvally , the big broiler  company I think   they where a British company, Cargill took them over and have a lot of farm in Thailand ,they have about 3 million birds in my area alone.and manufacture feed for there own farms 

Not certain if they are in to pigs in Thailand,but not cattle. 

I worked for Cargill late 90's in Calif and know they've got their hands everywhere.

Re. Using Sunn Hemp for hay or silage.

I am going to have and eat my hat here  ,sunn hemp when made in to hay seems a very god sauce of forage ,found one web sight I think trials where done in the USA .

Dry matter 93%

Crude Protein 16% (rice straw is about 3-4 % protein)

ME (enagey levales very offtern more important  than protein ) 19 (rice straw ME of 8-9)

Minerals Ca G/kg DM 14.7

Ph G/KG DM 3.6

Compare this to rice straw it is at least 4 times a better feed ,this trial with a DM of 93% ,means that the hay must have been dried for 3-4 days? ,as Farmer jo said with the short window could be problems getting the crop dried .

It seems cutting at 60 days seems best ,crop is about 3 foot tall ,storks not that hard ,should not be a problem with baling .cutting at 60 days ,a disc mower should not have a problem .

Making baled silage ,might have to wilt for 2 days ?depending on the weather .

When a very average bale  hay Pangolar hay can be can be sold for 10-120 baht ,depending on distance hauled ,this could well work very well ,even the mineral levels are high .

Late cutting the crop with seed pods on ,the seed s can be poisonous  to cattle .

Will have another look soon 

I am going to have and eat my hat here  ,sunn hemp when made in to hay seems a very god sauce of forage ,found one web sight I think trials where done in the USA .
Dry matter 93%
ME (enagey levales very offtern more important  than protein ) 19 (rice straw ME of 8-9)
Minerals Ca G/kg DM 14.7
              Ph G/KG DM 3.6
Compare this to rice straw it is at least 4 times a better feed ,this trial with a DM of 93% ,means that the hay must have been dried for 3-4 days? ,as Farmer jo said with the short window could be problems getting the crop dried .
It seems cutting at 60 days seems best ,crop is about 3 foot tall ,storks not that hard ,should not be a problem with baling .cutting at 60 days ,a disc mower should not have a problem .
When a very average bale  hay Pangolar hay can be can be sold for 10-120 baht ,depending on distance hauled ,this could well work very well ,even the mineral levels are high .
Late cutting the crop with seed pods on ,the seed s can be poisonous  to cattle .
Very promising numbers from that research. Sunn Hemp growing relatively easy here, well worth a try

On 8/14/2019 at 1:23 AM, CLW said:
On 8/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, kickstart said:
Dry matter 93%
Minerals Ca G/kg DM 14.7
              Ph G/KG DM 3.6

Very promising numbers from that research. Sunn Hemp growing relatively easy here, well worth a try

Can also be grazed,again at about 3-4 foot tall ,any taller cattle could not retch it .it would be like Nappier grass older it gets the fed value soon drops .

I would say a cut a cart system would work ,but this being Thailand and Thai's thinking of bulk not quality,as the crop gets older  the seed pod could be a problem .

Farmer jo

Some web sights say when cut they is regrowth ,like  a grass ?,if so any idea how many cuts before the plant gets exhausted.

If sown with a maize crop and made in to silage pushes up the feed value  of the silage ,but this would have to be chopped for clamp silage ,or put though a chipper shredder and made in to bagged silage. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, JungleBiker said:

Michael Hare can tell you but I think the Thai variety of sunn hemp is NOT good for forage (may be toxic?) whereas some of the US varieties are. There is another TV member here who I think produces seed of both kinds for Michael Hare. 

Thanks for that ,did not think about the toxicity of Thai varieties.

If made in to silage ,the fermentation prosses could? kill the toxic part of the plant ,like with sorghum ,that can be toxic to cattle if the crop is fed before about 50 days , or if the plant has been stressed i.e. drought but when made in to silage the fermentation prosses kills the acyclic acid ,the toxic part of the plant. 

I would say when made in to hay the toxins  would still be they.  

5 hours ago, kickstart said:

Thanks for that ,did not think about the toxicity of Thai varieties.

If made in to silage ,the fermentation prosses could? kill the toxic part of the plant ,like with sorghum ,that can be toxic to cattle if the crop is fed before about 50 days , or if the plant has been stressed i.e. drought but when made in to silage the fermentation prosses kills the acyclic acid ,the toxic part of the plant. 

I would say when made in to hay the toxins  would still be they.  

The Thai variety is not toxic. We did the trials at Khon Kaen university in the 1970s. No toxicity. Since June, we have exported 150,000 kg to the USA, Spain and Paraguay. The main problem we have is trying to get the farmers to harvest weed-free seed. For export markets the seed must have a purity of no less than 99.5% and a minimum germination of 85%. For those of you who have purchased seed from your local Department of Land Development you probably saw that the seed was full of broken pods, rice seed, sorghum seed and a range of weed seeds. 

Archived