BKK Air - any better?

GreenCurryorDie

You can download an App Air4Thai which shows the air quality - also in English.

A few months ago (not sure if it was the time you were here) the air quality was a lot worse than normal.

I guess people who live here get used to it. For me it's "normal".

One interesting fact is that in the middle of Bangkok I don't get any tan. But if I am only 10 minutes exposed to the sun a few km away from the city center than a have a visible tan. I don't really care one way or the other but it show how the air "quality" is in the middle of Bangkok. 

5 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

My friend had to buy a mask to live there, he has since moved, I and friends get sinus, nasal infections,  throat issues every time I used to travel to bkk and pattaya. 

No reason to live in such places.

But to be fair most people don't wear these masks and don't feel like they need them.

There is an extension for Chrome browser that lets you monitor AQ at your choice of many locations around the globe, 50 or so around BKK.  Air was way worse in Chiang Mai.  I live by the river, and there is a little breeze that you don't get in the Center.  

Check aqicn.org

Their values are often worse than air4thai. Air4thai is made by the Thai government.

Since the start of the raining season,  air quality is ok. For example, right now it is about the same as in London. It was often worse than Beijing during last January.  I expect the same in the next dry season,  from december to February

Archived