Tourism: An end to dual pricing? Tourism minister talks of stimulus measures

webfact

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, drbeach said:

Therefore he was being judged based on his physical appearance, which is racist.

No, he was judged upon that they clearly could see he was not a citizen. That if he could not provide otherwise, like Thai citizenship. Still not racism

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, it is. On the other hand it´s just 50 quid. Nothing to cry and complain for. And you see, you get to take photos for free.

A warped sense of economics you have.

The Chinese name the zoo,

One Dog Zoo.

After the Chinese  Shitszu.

(Shit zoo)

It need bulldozing. 

Dual pricing is based on needs.

The Thais need you money. 

If you look like a farang and talk like a farang, its farang price. 

And if you are with a thai,  it's a case of Farang kee nok, if you dont cough up.

Bird shit farang. 

My lady seems to take the thai side and says just pay love...

Those three little words known the world over. (Thai translation).

"JUST PAY LOVE". 

1 minute ago, dallen52 said:

Dual pricing is based on needs.

The Thais need you money. 

If you look like a farang and talk like a farang, its farang price. 

And if you are with a thai,  it's a case of Farang kee nok, if you dont cough up.

Bird shit farang. 

My lady seems to take the thai side and says just pay love...

Those three little words known the world over. (Thai translation).

"JUST PAY LOVE". 

You must love Thailand. I assume you do not live here.

18 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Been in Hanoi this March. Everybody pay the same at tourist attractions. In Germany also, I guess in whole western Europe. 

Mickey Mouse gladly treats all tourist foirgen and domsetic the same unless your elderly, or small child we all pay the same RAPE prices and leave feeling equally ripped off.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And that is just because they did not do a check, years ago. Now they do. That does not make it racist.

And the reason they didn't do the check .. yes because they looked Asian. Doesn't get more racist than that. Farangs at the time paid the farang price.

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

And the reason they didn't do the check .. yes because they looked Asian. Doesn't get more racist than that. Farangs at the time paid the farang price.

Can´t bother with this more. If you feel like they are racists in this country, then just chose other places where you feel the kindness and friendliness your are appearently missing here.

44 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Can´t bother with this more. If you feel like they are racists in this country, then just chose other places where you feel the kindness and friendliness your are appearently missing here.

I don't care if they are racists or not, as long as they are for sale. Just stirring the BS, learned you have to do that when I grew up in countryside. 

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, he was judged upon that they clearly could see he was not a citizen. That if he could not provide otherwise, like Thai citizenship. Still not racism

You have a very strong argument about Thai citizenship.

Do you think Thailands policy of dual pricing, totally fair based on citizenship makes Thailand look backwards, progressive or neutral compared to other countries?

(The lowest of the low immigrant, perhaps through marriage to US citizen alone, contributing nothing in my country, can easily get US citizenship in 7 years or so. The only westerners I have met here with Thai citizenship were born here to missionaries. Foreign Asian women married to Thai men hardly count. Many with PR but they got it years ago.)

I searched the 2price thailand link and it got me thinking about the Grand Palace. I would not be the one to recommend anyone to not visit the Grand Palace on their first trip to Thailand, but with getting harassed and lied to by touts, to transport costs and crowds, now perhaps I would suggest GIVE IT A PASS  I think I have been their twice, don't remember what I paid but it would have been late 1990s.

Imagine if no foreign tourists visited the Grand Palace based on the pricing scheme of 500 baht to free. Perhaps they would change their policy?

On 8/6/2019 at 3:50 AM, webfact said:

Online applications also need to be updated, improved and readied for use as a matter of priority to ensure that Thailand keeps up with modern technology related to tourism. 

Not in your lifetime. 

14 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How can someone just stand up and decide what developed or not, and what is to be considered as a 2nd or 3rd world country?

The countries they are in the BRICS group say from them self that they are 2nd world countries. Countries they get foreign aid are for sure not 1st world countries.

On 8/6/2019 at 2:45 PM, Matzzon said:

You are not beeing ripped off. Accept that it has and still is the standard in this country. If you can´t afford or not want to pay, just don´t look or enter. Offended, by paying a little bit more??? This happens in other parts of the world too.

You are in denial or stupid, but i can't call you stupid due to snowflakes banning me here.

It is (as you know, or should) not a little, but nearly 1,000%.

I can afford it but refuse to pay. Where else does it happen based on skin colour, very interested to know.

10 hours ago, chrissables said:

You are in denial or stupid, but i can't call you stupid due to snowflakes banning me here.

It is (as you know, or should) not a little, but nearly 1,000%.

I can afford it but refuse to pay. Where else does it happen based on skin colour, very interested to know.

Nah, the places where it would be 1000% is very few, and not even wirth bringing up. Not even the one that offer free for Thai´s and paid for foreigners comes up to your 1000%, out of the reason it can only be considered 100% when it stands against zero. However, mathematic lesson over.

I am probaly stupid, is you were allowed to use you measurement tools, and that´s ok. I can live with that, because there is not only you and your thoughts in this world. ???? 

It still doesn´t happen based on skin color, it´s mostly based on beeing a citizen or not. In some cases they have a leinient attitude against fellow asians. Nothing wrong with beeing a little bit patriotic. Just take a look at the wide spread patriotism in USA.

12 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

The countries they are in the BRICS group say from them self that they are 2nd world countries. Countries they get foreign aid are for sure not 1st world countries.

And they mostly say and admitt that to get economic aid, right. Who in their right mind would miss an opportunity like that?

Just now, Matzzon said:

Nah, the places where it would be 1000% is very few, and not even wirth bringing up. Not even the one that offer free for Thai´s and paid for foreigners comes up to your 1000%, out of the reason it can only be considered 100% when it stands against zero. However, mathematic lesson over.

I am probaly stupid, is you were allowed to use you measurement tools, and that´s ok. I can live with that, because there is not only you and your thoughts in this world. ???? 

It still doesn´t happen based on skin color, it´s mostly based on beeing a citizen or not. In some cases they have a leinient attitude against fellow asians. Nothing wrong with beeing a little bit patriotic. Just take a look at the wide spread patriotism in USA.

Not worth bring up?

Many National parks charge a tenfold increase on the Thai price 40 to 400 baht. 

Yes tenfold is a tad under 1,000 percent but you understand my meaning I'm sure ????

Not on skin colour as long as you look Asian 5555555555

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

Not worth bring up?

Many National parks charge a tenfold increase on the Thai price 40 to 400 baht. 

Yes tenfold is a tad under 1,000 percent but you understand my meaning I'm sure ????

Not on skin colour as long as you look Asian 5555555555

So much hate, sorrow and complaints how things are done in Thailand. It´s sad.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So much hate, sorrow and complaints how things are done in Thailand. It´s sad.

Hate, where have i written anything hateful?

Sorrow, please explain.

Complaining about double pricing, damn right!

13 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Hate, where have i written anything hateful?

Sorrow, please explain.

Complaining about double pricing, damn right!

Yes, complaining means you do not like it. Which means you also compare it to racism, which is something that you probably hate, right?

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, complaining means you do not like it. Which means you also compare it to racism, which is something that you probably hate, right?

You know it is possible to have a conversation about inequalities without it being racist. 

Just now, AverageBloke said:

You know it is possible to have a conversation about inequalities without it being racist. 

When did I say that somebody is a racist? I was talking about comparing something to racism. 

Maybe you should read better before posting.

On 8/7/2019 at 12:48 AM, MadMuhammad said:

I don’t have a problem paying extra, or being ‘raped’ as you do poorly put it. 

I don’t pay taxes in this country of which a small part goes to the upkeep so I can understand paying more to enjoy 

Well good for you. I do and my family pays taxes. And it is well put not poorly!

44 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Pure BS, you've quite a talent for it. ???? 

Thanks! Others have been letting me hear that in the past. You just proved that I still pass the bar.

By the way, 10 x price (cost) = 1000% mark up, so if a Thai pays 50b for entry and I pay 500b that's 1000% mark up.

Nah, that´s a 900% hike. 550 would be a 1000% hike. (Mybe mark up is different. I ain´t so hip with markers)

It isn't! It is xenephibic exploitation, simple as that. This is why it wouldn't wash in any developed nation. If you can't grasp that then you have issues.

Can´t grasp it, and have no issues with that. Regarding my other issues, I have been seeking help for them. My last shrink resigned. She is now a noodle soup vendor.

(Let´s just hope, that I ani´t gonna get banned or put on vacation by Thai Visa, because I am trying to be funny. Holding my breath and my tumbs.)

26 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks! Others have been letting me hear that in the past. You just proved that I still pass the bar.

Nah, that´s a 900% hike. 550 would be a 1000% hike. (Mybe mark up is different. I ain´t so hip with markers)

Can´t grasp it, and have no issues with that. Regarding my other issues, I have been seeking help for them. My last shrink resigned. She is now a noodle soup vendor.

(Let´s just hope, that I ani´t gonna get banned or put on vacation by Thai Visa, because I am trying to be funny. Holding my breath and my tumbs.)

'550 would be a 1000% hike' - Totally correct, as one must factor in the original price (cost), still, I think 500 sounds/reads better than 550 ????

'Can´t grasp it, and have no issues with that.' - your call, of course. Can't for the life of me understand why, but hey. Different strokes etc.

'My last shrink resigned. She is now a noodle soup vendor.' - where does she ply her trade? Dual pricing for former clients and civilians? ????

Archived