Tourism: An end to dual pricing? Tourism minister talks of stimulus measures

webfact

Too little, too late, and while you are at it stop the police harassing tourists for petty motoring infractions while at the same time allowing 4 kids on a bike with no helmets to pass unheeded. or fining someone 2,000 Baht for dropping a cigarette butt while the lady next to him pours a gallon of old oil down the drain. Tourists are not dumb, they see these things, and more.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Not everyone. I not piss off. 

Of course not, you’re Thai. Wouldn’t expect you to look past your own nose to show concern for someone else. Thais wouldn’t give a toss about something unless it concerns their own pocket. Obviously the only reason this is even in the news is because tourism is tanking.

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Good for local people get the discount.

Typical Thai logic. How about the guys on here who’ve lived here for decades? Are they not “local” enough for you?

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

Naratiwas

that's by the border with malaysia. Tourists would never go that far - no train, no airports. So only malesians coming for weekend shopping

Nothing more than a throw away line to grab the headline, the article has a lot more to say.

Not that important anyway, a few of the perpetual whingers about dual pricing on here makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Is anyone else outraged by the state of dress by this dis respecting farang, come on netizens, here's a good chance to drive home the purity of Thai culture!

1pm.jpg

What´s wrong with dual pricing? It have worked for years, and all the money-buffed tourists that are visiting Thailand can afford to pay.

Everybody knows:If you can´t pay, there´s no play.

38 minutes ago, JAG said:

Yes, but you don't try anything like as hard as our friend "Yinn" to pretend that you are a Thai.

A Thai whose English skills are good enough to read, and interpret the nuances of the posts on this forum wouldn't himself/herself post in the comical stereotype pidgin English that "Yinn" uses!

Why is it when a Thai posts, and I can assure you she IS a Thai person, they are often grossly insulted by being accused of not being genuine? absolutely disgraceful, and people wonder why they do not stick around!

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Good for local people get the discount.

I agree it is. I also think tourists should be charged more, that is part of a holiday.

What really makes me annoyed is the fact that each year I pay around 156,000b / year in tax to the Thai economy and I am never allowed to enter places at a reduced rate. Sometimes it is 6 - 8 times the price what is scandalous for someone who actually lives here full time. 

End to dual pricing? 

Jeez things must be bad in the tourism sector...unless by an end to dual pricing what is meant is that the Thai price will now rise to match the foreigner price...I did read that the government was looking to raise tax revenue. 

The OP is a step in the right direction (a little one). It's never nice to see someone grovel but Thailand's time has come. I hope it's not too late.

Archived