BANGKOK
webfact

Tourism: An end to dual pricing? Tourism minister talks of stimulus measures

8 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes agreed but not always. I've even got a pink Thai ID card which i have yet to put to the test as i've virtually covered all the tourist attractions but it will be interesting when i do.

I have the pink card and so far have been lucky using it and getting Thai pricing in Surat Thani and Nakon Si Thamarat but wasn't so lucky in Trang... one can't always win

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's free if you're over 60.

You only pay for the parking.

Is there a clear sign for this? They charged my parents full price recently.

I’m not concerned about dual pricing; it is far down the list as far as I’m concerned. The retirement visa amounts requirement in the banks is far more of a concern. When none of your neighbors in SE Asia have anything close to that, it instantaneously makes Thailand less desirable. That coupled with a falsely adjusted baht valuation makes anywhere else more desirable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The same could also be true of medical tourism as it was not just the sick who would be coming to Thailand but their families and friends who would stay in hotels, go to restaurants and visit tourist attraction. 

Not going to happen with the exchange rate the way it is .

21 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Whoa Scooter.. sorry you feel so abused... but then discounts to Srs could also be construed as double pricing... So, you are in favor of it when it benefits you? and when not, you are the victim of atrocities... ??

ps.. the USA is rife w/two tier pricing too... 

How would it benefit me big guy? Retirement for Thai Seniors here is way over my little age of mid fifties.

• Haha 1

Tourism e, and then i think when he talk about dual payment for foreigner then it´s was a reduce of payment to government hospitals. Yes i understand we have to pay more, but double up in everything of treatment. 200 baht just for talk with a doctor and if have to be operated double up +. The + stand for nursery. 

And what about the NPs, where it really hurts the tourists ? 

Oh no... mia noi needs a new car...

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

It clearly hasnt worked for years. Lots of people, including myself, feel offended by it. Whether people can afford it or not, is not an issue. The feeling of being ripped off is.

You are not beeing ripped off. Accept that it has and still is the standard in this country. If you can´t afford or not want to pay, just don´t look or enter. Offended, by paying a little bit more??? This happens in other parts of the world too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Is there a clear sign for this? They charged my parents full price recently.

It's on the entrance booth, either on the side or on the wall behind the ticket person

Same sign as all the ticket and parking prices.

https://chiangmaifamilyguide.com/queen-sirikit-botanic-garden/

Queen Sirikit Garden entrance fees

Spending a few hours here will be well within your family budget, especially since all children under 12 are free! Grandma and grandpa are also free, as long as they’re over 60. Adults are 100 baht and children or teenagers aged 13-18 are 50 baht. You can get Thai price if you have a Thai ID card – yes, dual pricing exists here too. Thai price is 40 baht for adults and 20 baht for children. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Thai women number 1 in world!!!!!!

for what... that could be misunderstood as it all depends on what the ratings are about and from where they classification started, someone's being placed at the last place by inverting the report's classification they would be assigned as 1st place. There's an old saying in business going as ..."" client is king.... but they never said of what...""

• Confused 1