webfact

Tourism: An end to dual pricing? Tourism minister talks of stimulus measures

A little late..? 

5dQU1Hy.gif

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Good for local people get the discount.

Lol it's not a discount it's a price increase to rip of the Tourists how can you not release that 10xthe price sometimes to see a crap waterfall  when sometimes there's not even any water I stopped going years ago.

18 minutes ago, dcnx said:

You must be Thai or you have stayed here so long it’s rubbed off on you.

Locals don’t get a “discount.” Foreigners get charged extra. A lot extra. There’s a difference.

Discount pricing would work like this:

Crappy uneventful park charges 80b for everyone to get in. However, if you produce a local ID you get 10% off entry. That’s fair and understandable.

What pisses people off is this:

Crappy uneventful park charges 20b for Thais and 400b+ for foreigners.

This sort of pricing structure is offensive.

And why do tropical forests here have so few animals, birds or butterflies.

Or is it just me who is unlucky?

11 minutes ago, greeneking said:

And why do tropical forests here have so few animals, birds or butterflies.

Or is it just me who is unlucky?

Not just you. 

Thai attractions are usually very poor quality. 

It's obvious that the paid fees do not go to upkeep and maintenance and rather right into some local officials pockets. 

Lol, yeh wait till all the tourists stop coming and pretend like your discounting.... Tourists return then i bet it goes back up!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Thanks for the comment. Another Thai apologist I see. 

nah, just a realist for i feel the Thais have done nothing to apologize for.. 

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You are not beeing ripped off. Accept that it has and still is the standard in this country. If you can´t afford or not want to pay, just don´t look or enter. Offended, by paying a little bit more??? This happens in other parts of the world too.

That doesnt make it right, does it?

A rip off is a rip off. Try charging Thais 10 times the local fee in a National Park somewhere....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

nah, just a realist..

So paying 6 - 8 times the price is acceptable?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, waxpro said:

The last time I visited the national park at khao yai was more than 2 years ago, when I paid entrance fees 450 baht, but for Thai wife paid just 40 baht,,, it's x 11 times higher,,,

and before this, was another time when trying to enter puttabat national park coming from khao kho, petchabun province, almost 3 years ago, the guards asked to pay 500 baht,, just to drive inside the park?

Anyone of you foreigner guys faced the same situation???

Any thing changed about this? or still the same policy?? I decided to never go again to any of such places,

Additionally, to make it clear, the guards in both places shown me a printed paper half Thai and half English to prove the fee amount is a regulation by the management or something alike, and not their idea, I believe the guards at the entrance saying the true amount as they told,

Anyone here to inform the minister about this? why the fees for Thai person at 40 baht, and 450-500 baht for a foreigner? any logical reason behind this? I used to pay 80 baht some years int eh past,, suddenly jumped to more than x 10 times?

costs me that much to go into a national park in Canada, don't want to go? don't go and save your money for the rainy season.. 

• Confused 1

It would be nice if Pipa mentioned the way to enforce these new rules, and how about market prices? If my wife wants to buy something on the market she asks me to stay out of sight, otherwise the price goes up....

So whats going to happen now, before it was 100 baht for locals and 200 baht for foreigners, now they are going to charge 200 baht for everybody ... Ha ha ha !

35 minutes ago, dcnx said:

That’s good to see. It helps balance out the number of prostitutes. 

Now Thailand is #1 for both. 👏🏼

actually I believe the EU and the UK have that distinction but they charge too much for most of the slicksters on this site..

• Sad 1