Bank account with any visa at Krungsri

jackdd

Today i was at Krungsri at CentralPlaza Chiang Mai Airport (the banks are on the lowest floor) to get a new ATM card (because i had a new passport i also had to get a new bank book and sign about 20+ papers, but that's another topic...)

While i was there i asked about the current rules regarding opening a bank account with them.

Answer: Passport + 12 months rental contract

I asked if it's also possible with a tourist visa, which they confirmed and told me any visa.

(3 years ago i opened mine at Krungsri in Bangkok with tourist visa + 6 months rental contract)

As we all know, the rules can change any time, but if somebody wants to open a bank account, i think the chances to get one there are good.

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Opening a bank account at Bangkok Bank is easy, why need to go to Krungsri which has very few branches

Which Bangkok Bank branch allows people on a tourist visa to open a bank account with just a rental contract?

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Opening a bank account at Bangkok Bank is easy, why need to go to Krungsri which has very few branches

Over 200 Krungsri branches in the Bangkok area, 17 in the Chiang MaI area.  Yeah, very few. How many branches do you need?

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Which Bangkok Bank branch allows people on a tourist visa to open a bank account with just a rental contract?

I opened up several Bangkok Bank accounts with just a tourist visa many years ago.

Maybe the requirements have changed.

Archived