Railay

noctiluca

Hi,

Sorry if it's been asked here many times already.

I will be arriving in Krabi early morning, and leaving in the evening (not on the same day). I would like to know:-

1) What is the best, affordable way to get to Railay from Krabi Bus Terminal, and from Railay to Krabi Airport?

2) What kind of public transportation is available?

3) Do I have to go to Krabi Town first?

4) What pier would I get on the boat to Railay?

5) Do they have fixed schedule, or does it depend on how many people they can gather?

6) How much is it that I can expect for a reasonable fare for both by land and by boat transportations, separately or combined?

7) Do I need to call or book for the transportation in advance? If so, do they have a phone number to call?

8) According to the resort, for them to arrange the transportation, it would cost about 1,000-1,200 Baht per head to get to Railay from Krabi and vice versa. Is this reasonable?

Any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

Many thanks.

There is NO bus route to Railay

Airport >(taxi or hotel bus) to Ao Nang

Ao nang pier >(taxi boat) Railay ..(around 12 person / boat) no time table

(I went there a year ago, this was my review )

Ao_Nang_map.jpg

Review

How to go

this trip , i go to krabi by flight , Thai air way ,economic fares (round trip) =5720

for hotel/bangalow ..first of all you guys have to choose where you wanna live... i chose Ao Nang coz , its quite colourful ..not to quiet and easy to reach to any place

i check the map and seach agency .. i booked "Phra Nang Inn" pretty closed the beach !! (this one is important .. some place is bloody far from the beach and more expensive

in same type of room , its varie from agency , i paid 2000 bht/night ( the neightbor paid 2800!! :D:o )

from the krabi airport , i paid 400 bht/person for minivan (i contacted with the hotel)

singha beer on beach = 50 bht

there are atleast 3 "7-11" branches with normal price of stuff ( if you wanna buy booz stuff u guys have to check the time when they sell ( from Gov. rule)

for travel by sam lor (3 wheels) 20 bht per person to go to Noparatthara beach and somewhere near

the long tail boat for reach to railay beach 50 bht/person

internet cafe 60-80 bht /hr (atleast u have to paid 10 bht)

massage 200 -250 bht / hr

when u are on ao nang ( at Phra nang inn) you turn your face on the beach ..at the left side , you can go trough till the end , you will see the hill, there have monkey you can feed em ..they will come from the hill in afternoon

for kayak at ao nang

single kayak = 150bht/hr

double =200 bht /hr

( i did kayak , from ao nang to railay beach ..seem my boobs is smaller around 2" now hahahah)

Food

there are plenty restuarant around there .. mostly farang food ..but u can even find cheap store ..

the place i recommend , take a sam lor( 3 wheels) go to Noppharathara beach , "Krau Tara" nice seafood , and obviously its cheaper than Ao Nang

- indian food "navrang mahal" in case u're bored ..

- stall .. you can find plenty , near Phranang inn .. i try once , the cooker is japanese, he made a funny "phad thai" :D

- Berny Plce - buffet 190 bht / person , food look lovely ..taste just like crap :bah:

Beach

Ao Nang - i think its perfect , nice beach ,not too quiet

Nopparathara - soso , in afternoon too low tide , bad beach

Railae - quiet place and cheaper to stay ,

Ao Phranang - in afternood , low tide, and sort of mangroove .. good for rock climbing

etc

Neighbor Islands - i prefer to hire tour

- 4-5 island as koh Poda , Koh Kai, Koh Tab ,Phanang Cave , 400 bht / person ( long tail boat)

-Koh Phi Phi Don /Phi Phi Lay 1200 bht/person (ferry)

-Kao Tapoo (Jame Bonds island) 'n Phang Nga bay (this one u need to take a van b4) and then take a boat (950 bht/ person) + nation park fee 200 bht/person (farang) 20bht (thai) this trip include that we go to the temple and etc

-Koh Yao Noi , need to take a boat from "Ta Lane Peir" 80 bht / person 45 mins (every 1 pm from Krabi to Koh ..and 7am from Koh to Krabi)

@ Koh Yao Noi

pick up around island = 600 bht

place to stay =lomlae bungalow (cute 'n lovely ..and also is marine sport place also)

place to hang out = Pyramid Bar (at Haad Pa Sai) cool

7-11 = has one , no alcohol sell (ask the driver if you want)

seafood = if you are a seafood lover , goto the local market 9not really market , i dont know how to call) :D

shrimp 240 bht/kg , fresh and jummy (big also)

crab 140 bht/kg huge!!

lobster 500 bht/kg

what's else ?? :D if i remember i will add later

Edited by BambinA