1 Full Day / Night in Krabi - What to do?

alt

Hi all,

We've been to Krabi a few times in the past (as a stop-over, really).

We've spent time in Ao Nang, and a few nights in Railay, so they're not 'must dos'. If you have a full day and a full night in Krabi, what would you do? I'm thinking of exploring the karst landscape, maybe a hike in the National Park up to the North.... any other ideas? We're used to driving bikes in Thailand (International Permit etc. all in order) so driving to the National Park no problem.

BTW, staying in Krabi town as we're getting the ferry to Lanta on Dec 24th (We land in Krabi airport 22:00 on Dec 22)

Could pepper you with options, but as you're staying in town (good on you), would defo take a look at the Tiger Temple. Sounds corny and you've probably heard of it. Phang Nga and Than Bokkharani National Park for sure also if you can get them in, but bear in mind these places will be busy.

IMG_0762.JPG

/edit: if you do the temple, try to get there early, be prepared for a climb and watch the monkeys!// 

Thanks for the info.

We've stayed in the town in the past - it's not really exciting at night, but we'll be having 2 weeks of partying ahead of us so not too pushed. Curious as to the 'good on you' though... Do you say that because most people aim for Ao Nang?? (Just curious, not trying to make any snarky remarks btw!)

We'll being flying in direct from 2 weeks in Myanmar, so we may be templed out, but I do love Thai temples, so we could go for Tiger Temple (Yes, we've heard of it before). I think the National Park will be the one for us, though. To see a bit of green will be nice after 2 weeks of sandy roads / dust in Myanmar.

Thanks again.

PS. When you say arrive early to the National Park (or the temple), what kind of time are we talking here? No issue getting up early, just want to make sure I can get a scooter early enough.

BTW, our motive for staying in the town is for ease of getting to the ferry (or speedboat) to Lanta on Dec 24th.

I read that it's possible to get a speedboat from Ao Nang to Lanta also? This would be more scenic for sure, if it's possible. We love speedboats and only have hand-luggage (one 50l backpack each) so speedboats make sense (budget not a concern).

I'm derailing my own thread!

Archived