Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

On 8/7/2019 at 11:34 AM, soalbundy said:

All a matter of perception. "That which offers no resistance overcomes the hardest substances. That which offers no resistance can enter where there is no space." Lao Tzu. 'Tao Te Ching' 

And then there's this one from Lao Tzu:

"Governing a great nation is like cooking a small fish - too much poking will ruin it."

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/8/2019 at 7:57 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

Has any body got an answer to this question?Did the IO's just wake up one morning and decided lets start fining foreigners for something they're not responsible for without any changes to the legislation?Where are the lawyers who started this TM30 petition?Is there anything legal about these fines?If not why isn't somebody doing something about it?This whole fining business seems a whole lot like tit for tat reaction to something.I wonder what it might be?

Aaaah...that was more than 1 question FarFlung...???? However I think the TM 30 has been in existence for many years yet until now only enforced to have hotels report registered guests. I guess that Big Joke's replacement is trying to get some Brownie points with his boss hence the "crack down". 

5 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Aaaah...that was more than 1 question FarFlung...???? However I think the TM 30 has been in existence for many years yet until now only enforced to have hotels report registered guests. I guess that Big Joke's replacement is trying to get some Brownie points with his boss hence the "crack down". 

To much trouble from this guy and he will also be given a desk job buried somewhere out of the way. 

I do not know all the ins and outs of this petition, but my understanding of things, is it is kinda like voting.

Mexican can't really come to America and effectively petition the US government for example, not until they have become citizens.

The question then becomes, how many Thai citizens have signed the petition? Oh, 0? Well, there ya go. 

You can complain all you want, but just like any country, if you aint a citizen it don't hold much, if any, water. And rightly so. 

12 hours ago, Artisi said:
12 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

To much trouble from this guy and he will also be given a desk job buried somewhere out of the way. 

I believe he's due for retirement within the next year, only a temporary appointment. After Big Joke's penchant for overstepping his remit and colouring outside the lines, his replacement is doing everything by the book. Unfortunately however, the book is so cluttered with laws from a bygone era that it basically gives him carte blanche to crack down as he pleases. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/7/2019 at 9:32 AM, catch104 said:

Hello, interesting, but I have few questions. Since you are a foreigner, you cannot own a house so I believe you are here referring to a condo. Then, blue house register is for Thai national so you could not be mentioned on the blue house register, but you can be on yellow one. (as I am)

So if my understanding is correct, you have submitted blue house register that correspond to your condo, but your name, and son's name do no appear on this book, right?

Any further details would be much appreciated.:)

You can own a house but not the land upon which it is situated.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:55 AM, daveAustin said:

Well said, though Thailand isn't the norm and that sort of white man-superiority rhetoric (often from those who have been in Muang Thai for all of 5 minutes) gets right up their shaft. It is a daft rule, but you chose to go there and abide by it at the end of the day. Just think it's unwise to stoke any sort of tension where things could be made a lot more awkward for some of you chaps if they please. 

Disagree, they need  poking  if  not  poking a damn good  reaming, and now others  groups  have joined in especially  business  groups lets  see what  happens.

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

Disagree, they need  poking  if  not  poking a damn good  reaming, and now others  groups  have joined in especially  business  groups lets  see what  happens.

Nothing will happen other than they get bored and find a new drum to beat. Same the world over.

Archived