Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

I can understand the logic of the TM30 in the case of short term tourists entering Thailand for a holiday, immigration want to keeps tabs on locations in case of overstay....

But for long term visa holders, either working, married or retired it's an illogical process!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

I can understand the logic of the TM30 in the case of short term tourists entering Thailand for a holiday, immigration want to keeps tabs on locations in case of overstay....

But for long term visa holders, either working, married or retired it's an illogical process!

I agree, Long term I dont get it as they have known where I live for the last 12 years

The TM30 is a big money maker for immigration. Make more sense to petition against 90 day reporting, no real money for immigration and a much bigger pia than the TM30.
The fine for not doing a 90 day report is 2,000. The fine for not doing a TM30 is 1,600.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've never figured out how Immigration is going to know if I visit another province for a couple of days. When my first wife was alive we would go to Buriram or Nakhon Ratchasima for a few days. We stayed with friends and no one would have thought to notify the police. Go back home and the neighbors knew we'd been away but they sure weren't going to notify the police. Are there secret police informers planted throughout the population who are keeping tabs on us? Do I have enemies who just watch for a chance to tell Immigration that I've violated the rule? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If you are living here and live in another province, surprise, surprise, you MUST report to immigration within 24 hours of your return to your province, otherwise you may be fined, different immigration offices, have different rules, i.e. some enforce it, some don't.

NO, it's the property owner that gets fined and you don't have to report. It's the property owner that does that. As I said earlier the TM 30 has really nothing to do with us, so why all this bitching? This is a Thai matter. Nothing for us farangs to be getting worked up about.

Just now, Acharn said:

I've never figured out how Immigration is going to know if I visit another province for a couple of days. When my first wife was alive we would go to Buriram or Nakhon Ratchasima for a few days. We stayed with friends and no one would have thought to notify the police. Go back home and the neighbors knew we'd been away but they sure weren't going to notify the police. Are there secret police informers planted throughout the population who are keeping tabs on us? Do I have enemies who just watch for a chance to tell Immigration that I've violated the rule? Inquiring minds want to know.

Only if you stay in a hotel and that hotel follows the procedure would immigration know anything about it.

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Money rules in Ting Tong Land. They'd rent a house to the devil if it meant income.

That's true, actually. What they may instead try first is to increase rents to foreigners claiming its to cover this "foreigner admin fee" 

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

......and another one. You're doing a fine job recruiting for you cause.

Nah...know your type, you can't be helped, let alone help yourself and want to help others, so why waste my time, keep filling in those TM 30's until we get them abolished for everyone who gives a rats a$$.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

NO, it's the property owner that gets fined and you don't have to report. It's the property owner that does that. As I said earlier the TM 30 has really nothing to do with us, so why all this bitching? This is a Thai matter. Nothing for us farangs to be getting worked up about.

Yes, but, if the owner doesn't file a TM30, then, it becomes our problem when it comes to extensions and 90 day reports.

For the Thai house owner, there are no consequences if they refuse to do it, unless immigration decide to visit them, which rarely happens.

17 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

you have no idea what the other 97.5% think and neither do I  until another year has  past.

I wrote "seem to deem", which mean that I didn´t state a definate say about what they think. As much as this has been written, talked, clamped down on and much much more, I do actually think that most people are aware of the needed TM30. Apart from all the ones that pop up on this forum and start a new TM30 thread a day, just because they can´t arse themselfs with searching the forum.

20 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

and  how  many  actually  know  about  this, most  likely very few, but theyre  gonna find out over the next 12   months.

Yeah, that´s the spirit! Live on high hopes. If this little bunch of people continue to complain, they surely going to create and enforce a rule that states you have to smile when you file your TM30. After all, we are in the Land of Smiles, aren´t we?

I own my own condominium unit and I applied as the owner through the Section 38 app on June 20th, and attached a copy of my blue book, the chanote and my passport. I received the confirmation email link a few minutes later, but still no user name or password. I'm in Bangkok. I checked online yesterday at: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ and my status is "Waiting for Approval". I have left the country and returned since applying but I think if I try to report my address it'll only confuse things due the the above status, so I'm kind of in limbo.

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Terrorist activity, huh, by who farangs, you didn't see the 1,600 baht fine coming, that went straight into his pocket, didn't it, relaxed now isn't he ????

The Fine was official and I got a receipt.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Nah...know your type, you can't be helped, let alone help yourself and want to help others, so why waste my time, keep filling in those TM 30's until we get them abolished for everyone who gives a rats a$$.

I don't have to fill in a TM30 form. Do it online.

PS. I don't want, or need your help. Please continue alienating those you are trying to convince........it's so funny to watch.

I see the notification rule regarding reporting abode as being misinterpreted. You notify them upon arrival using a TM6. If failing to arrive at that location within 24 hours THEN it is the responsibility of the NEW landlord to notify immigration. That to me is the logical interpretation. 

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

That's true, actually. What they may instead try first is to increase rents to foreigners claiming its to cover this "foreigner admin fee" 

You not joking, One guy posted a Hotel charged him 100 Baht to process the TM 30

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, but, if the owner doesn't file a TM30, then, it becomes our problem when it comes to extensions and 90 day reports.

For the Thai house owner, there are no consequences if they refuse to do it, unless immigration decide to visit them, which rarely happens.

Rubbish to the whole post.

1 minute ago, Wiggy said:

I own my own condominium unit and I applied as the owner through the Section 38 app on June 20th, and attached a copy of my blue book, the chanote and my passport. I received the confirmation email link a few minutes later, but still no user name or password. I'm in Bangkok. I checked online yesterday at: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ and my status is "Waiting for Approval". I have left the country and returned since applying but I think if I try to report my address it'll only confuse things due the the above status, so I'm kind of in limbo.

Same situation*, did the same and got my approval in 8 days, but that was earlier than you. There are more recent cases of over 1 month. On the other hand, if something is wrong with the paperwork they will not contact you, you must go in to clear it up, they may fix it on the spot.

*Only difference I used a yellow tabien baan.

6 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I see the notification rule regarding reporting abode as being misinterpreted. You notify them upon arrival using a TM6. If failing to arrive at that location within 24 hours THEN it is the responsibility of the NEW landlord to notify immigration. That to me is the logical interpretation. 

No, the two are independent. Though they shouldn't be.

3 hours ago, Lupusthai said:

On May 26th 2019 I applied for the TM30 online-registration using the 'section38'-App.

( I'm the owner of my house, no Thai registered in there )
I attached

- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 blue housebook
- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 of my passport.

I received my user-number and preliminary password 4 1/2 days later by email and had no problems to fill-out and send my TM30.

Reading a lot about the problems other expats encounter with registering their tm30, I became curious what would happen when another person registers as living in my house...

I used my "Guest mobile" to register my son as a 'housemaster' of his 'fathers home':

I didn't attach any documents and verified the supplied email address.
On 26th of July 3 hours later I received two emails asking for copies of the blue housebook and my (son's) Id (passport). I attached the corresponding photos using the section38-App again on 30th of July.
I (my son) received the confirmation email on 5th August as follows:

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

Amazing. I supplied all the copies online and still waiting over 2 weeks now for ID/password. Got fined 3,000 baht last week. Maybe back in May there were not many applying online which why you got such a fast turn around. But now there are thousands applying and being fined everyday. I guess they cant cope online anymore. There are people waiting 9 weeks and still not received a password. But lets not lose the focus here. Reporting every movement within 24 hours is ridiculous when we already report every 90 days, every year and on every re-entry.  

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

In my case it does have something to with us, e.g. (me) as my wife is the Landlord of the house I paid for and built, so it is an inconvenience to us whether I go overseas or to another province.

Read (4) below in bold, copy & pasted from the Act:

Section 37. An alien who is permitted to stay in the Kingdom temporarily shall do the following —

(1) Not engage in an occupation or employment except with permission from the Director-General or the competent official designated by the Director-General. In a case where there is alien working law providing otherwise, the permission shall have to be by virtue of that law.

(2) Reside at the place notified to the competent official except where the reason for not residing at the place notified to the competent official is justifiable, change of residence shall be notified to the competent official within twenty four hours from the time of moving into the residence.

(3) Notify the police officer at the police station of the locality jurisdiction in which the alien resides within twenty four hours from the time of moving in. In case of change of residence, if the new residence is not in the same locality jurisdiction as the locality of the former police station, the alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the new locality jurisdiction within twenty four hours from the time of arrival.

(4) If travel to any province and stay there longer than twenty four hours, an alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival.

I dare say police station in this instance would mean immigration office as they are immigration police, I live in Isaan and am going overseas via Phuket and returning via Phuket and staying there for a week upon my return, I have to go to Phuket police and notify them of my return, then immigration where I live when I return, now if that is not a hassle, what is, e.g. immigration are one hour 20 minutes away from me.

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

(4) If travel to any province and stay there longer than twenty four hours, an alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival.

One guy went to the police station, they didnt have any stamps 555

Does anyone actually beleive that the Thai government give a flying f€£k about any falang living there? And abolish this tm-30?

all the bullshit to put up with, tm30, 90 day reporting, 800k, border runs, border refusals, pollution, traffic, worthless currency, etc etc etc.

why? For the life of me I can't understand why people put up with it, and the <deleted>€£¥king wining, bitching moaning complaining. 

Just leave, they don't want you there!

and to be quite honest, it really isn't a nice country to live in. 

Does anyone actually beleive that the Thai government give a flying <deleted> about any falang living there? And abolish this tm-30?

all the bullshit to put up with, tm30, 90 day reporting, 800k, border runs, border refusals, pollution, traffic, worthless currency, etc etc etc.

why? For the life of me I can't understand why people put up with it, and the <deleted><deleted> wining, <deleted> moaning complaining.

Just leave, they don't want you there!

and to be quite honest, it really isn't a nice country to live in. 

So when me and my family were at immigration last week and I was being fine 3,000 baht,  my wife who reads, writes and speaks Thai fluently asked our agent why was immigration enforcing this ancient law. The agent said it's a crack down because of that condo case back in March where some foreigner complained about a bell at a temple. I can also see chatter in Thai forums this is also the rumor going around.

Can you imagine if Canada started to fine businesses because they don't have horse posts in front of their shops for customers to tie up their horses! Yes, that law is still on the books. 

Archived