Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

What is the aim of the TM30?

Why  not develop an app that allows the user to register and if need be scan a qr code and or provide the users location and details of accommodation. Passport and visa details.  there also needs to be a way for a users to check and validate the information recorded.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

That was its intended purpose, to sow growing discontent + they're trying to keep tabs on the bad boys remember :tongue:. I would keep your heads down, chaps. 

Exactly, I have s feeling this would simply be used as an opportunity to say ‘do as we say and get in line.’

its a military dictatorship we are dealing with remember, best buddies with other world dictators.

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

In my case it does have something to with us, e.g. (me) as my wife is the Landlord of the house I paid for and built, so it is an inconvenience to us whether I go overseas or to another province.

Read (4) below in bold, copy & pasted from the Act:

Section 37. An alien who is permitted to stay in the Kingdom temporarily shall do the following —

(1) Not engage in an occupation or employment except with permission from the Director-General or the competent official designated by the Director-General. In a case where there is alien working law providing otherwise, the permission shall have to be by virtue of that law.

(2) Reside at the place notified to the competent official except where the reason for not residing at the place notified to the competent official is justifiable, change of residence shall be notified to the competent official within twenty four hours from the time of moving into the residence.

(3) Notify the police officer at the police station of the locality jurisdiction in which the alien resides within twenty four hours from the time of moving in. In case of change of residence, if the new residence is not in the same locality jurisdiction as the locality of the former police station, the alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the new locality jurisdiction within twenty four hours from the time of arrival.

(4) If travel to any province and stay there longer than twenty four hours, an alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival.

I dare say police station in this instance would mean immigration office as they are immigration police, I live in Isaan and am going overseas via Phuket and returning via Phuket and staying there for a week upon my return, I have to go to Phuket police and notify them of my return, then immigration where I live when I return, now if that is not a hassle, what is, e.g. immigration are one hour 20 minutes away from me.

Just playing devil's advocate

How would immigration in Isaan know that you left the country and / or spent a week in Phuket?

According to other posts, the information is not linked from one office to another.  So even if a hotel in Phuket reports your stay, the info doesn't reach Isaan. 

And I assume that you or the landlord completed a TM30 in Isaan at one time.

36 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

NO, it's the property owner that gets fined and you don't have to report. It's the property owner that does that. As I said earlier the TM 30 has really nothing to do with us, so why all this bitching? This is a Thai matter. Nothing for us farangs to be getting worked up about.

If the house master/owner/landlord or even hotel hasn't filed or paid TM30 fine they will not process your visa extension on your next visit.  Some saying now TM30 is required for 90 day reporting. So let see if it concerns you on your next visit to immigration. 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No names will be attached to it, as already discussed 1000000 times.... 

If no names are attached to the petition, why not submit immediately saying there are 10,000 signatures.?  A petition MUST have names!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, pookiki said:

There needs to be some rational approach for immigration to verify that the information on our 90 day reports is accurate.  

What information? I send someone with only my passport with the previous 90 day report stapled in it. They print and staple a new 90 day report receipt in my passport. No current address information requested or given.

A few problems need ironing out here, Yesterday a family didnt show up at my friends resort we can safely assume that the family completed the TM6 on arrival putting my friends address down, if there was ever to be a problem with the immigration how would my friend be able to prove they didnt arrive or stay there, Tricky one

4 hours ago, Lupusthai said:

On May 26th 2019 I applied for the TM30 online-registration using the 'section38'-App.

( I'm the owner of my house, no Thai registered in there )
I attached

- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 blue housebook
- 1 Photo of pages 1/2 of my passport.

I received my user-number and preliminary password 4 1/2 days later by email and had no problems to fill-out and send my TM30.

Reading a lot about the problems other expats encounter with registering their tm30, I became curious what would happen when another person registers as living in my house...

I used my "Guest mobile" to register my son as a 'housemaster' of his 'fathers home':

I didn't attach any documents and verified the supplied email address.
On 26th of July 3 hours later I received two emails asking for copies of the blue housebook and my (son's) Id (passport). I attached the corresponding photos using the section38-App again on 30th of July.
I (my son) received the confirmation email on 5th August as follows:

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

Hello, interesting, but I have few questions. Since you are a foreigner, you cannot own a house so I believe you are here referring to a condo. Then, blue house register is for Thai national so you could not be mentioned on the blue house register, but you can be on yellow one. (as I am)

So if my understanding is correct, you have submitted blue house register that correspond to your condo, but your name, and son's name do no appear on this book, right?

Any further details would be much appreciated.:)

23 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Does anyone actually beleive that the Thai government give a flying f€£k about any falang living there? And abolish this tm-30?

all the bullshit to put up with, tm30, 90 day reporting, 800k, border runs, border refusals, pollution, traffic, worthless currency, etc etc etc.

why? For the life of me I can't understand why people put up with it, and the <deleted>€£¥king wining, bitching moaning complaining. 

Just leave, they don't want you there!

and to be quite honest, it really isn't a nice country to live in. 

Been here 25 years and starting to feel this way too.  

48 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

NO, it's the property owner that gets fined and you don't have to report. It's the property owner that does that. As I said earlier the TM 30 has really nothing to do with us, so why all this bitching? This is a Thai matter. Nothing for us farangs to be getting worked up about.

I take the above reply as being sent earlier than when I posted to you at #87 ?

Are you still convinced after reading (4) in the Act that it is the Landlords responsibility ?

2 minutes ago, catch104 said:

Hello, interesting, but I have few questions. Since you are a foreigner, you cannot own a house so I believe you are here referring to a condo. Then, blue house register is for Thai national so you could not be mentioned on the blue house register, but you can be on yellow one. (as I am)

So if my understanding is correct, you have submitted blue house register that correspond to your condo, but your name, and son's name do no appear on this book, right?

Permanent Residence (PR) status gets your name in the blue book and then you don't have to report every 90 days or worry about TM30. But PR is very hard to get, expensive and they limit quota to only 100 per country when ever they announce the opening. 

45 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I see the notification rule regarding reporting abode as being misinterpreted. You notify them upon arrival using a TM6. If failing to arrive at that location within 24 hours THEN it is the responsibility of the NEW landlord to notify immigration. That to me is the logical interpretation. 

Is your interpretation the same after reading articles (4) at #87.

Now I am confused ????

30 minutes ago, RBOP said:

So when me and my family were at immigration last week and I was being fine 3,000 baht,  my wife who reads, writes and speaks Thai fluently asked our agent why was immigration enforcing this ancient law. The agent said it's a crack down because of that condo case back in March where some foreigner complained about a bell at a temple. I can also see chatter in Thai forums this is also the rumor going around.

Can you imagine if Canada started to fine businesses because they don't have horse posts in front of their shops for customers to tie up their horses! Yes, that law is still on the books. 

Now that's a load of horse $hit ????

19 minutes ago, Almer said:

Im not splitting hairs, but the post states if you stay in address for more than 24 hours, so are you required to report when you return home if you do an overnight only ?

Section 37. An alien who is permitted to stay in the Kingdom temporarily shall do the following —

(4) If travel to any province and stay there longer than twenty four hours, an alien shall notify the police officer of the police station of the locality jurisdiction within forty eight hours from the time of arrival.

Only if its outside of your province ????

26 minutes ago, catch104 said:

You are essentially right! My name is not in the blue book, only in the chanote (as owner of the building on the ground). I.e. a foreigner can't own the ground, only the building ( or part of it like a condo). 

I have the blue book - empty, no Thai national registered inside...

So, when I move I have to tell you. But also when I don't move...

Genius-101.

Right there.

However, let's look at it logically...

The TM-30 policy is clearly not targeted at the ones who do comply. Quite simply because there's no money in that - they'd have to catch them and make them pay. 

Sure, it'll catch a few out, but that's it. Not enough to pay to install, maintain, and man a complex e-system. If it works, that is.

Let's assume it does work, all the time, and everyone used it... they'd be no money in that either. 

So, Sherlock, who is the TM-30 targeted at and what's the purpose of it?

Personally, I don't have a clue. 

5 hours ago, Lupusthai said:

On May 26th 2019 I applied for the TM30 online-registration using the 'section38'-App.

I attached

I received my user-number and preliminary password 4 1/2 days later by email and had no problems to fill-out and send my TM30.

Reading a lot about the problems other expats encounter with registering their tm30, I became curious what would happen when another person registers as living in my house...

I used my "Guest mobile" to register my son as a 'housemaster' of his 'fathers home':

On 26th of July 3 hours later I received two emails asking for copies of the blue housebook and my (son's) Id (passport). I attached the corresponding photos using the section38-App again on 30th of July.

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

• And can you all read that crap as an EXPAT :cheesy: ??

Japanese and Korean translated versions will do.

Japanese and Koreans are quite a large group of the expats in Thailand, yet many of them are not fluent in English or Thai.

Those communities do have discontent with all the awesome regulations of Thai Immigration, so absorbing such mass will definitely increase the numbers.  

12 hours ago, tonboy said:

Why ?

I attached

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

Where do I get this app? Playstore? What's its name so I can find it?. Is the app in English?

I did not see the petition form to sign! 

Im the owner of a condo in bkk, my GF has her own house in bkk, her relatives stay in the  south of thailand, im a member of thailand elite as well, i move a lot during my visits and each of my visits does not last more than a month, so shall i each time i spend in thailand when i move to a different location report to immigration?  Then i will have to report mostly twice or three times in a week. 

I attached

2019-08-07 04.34.53.jpg

no problems at all...

Where do I get this app, Playstore?. What's it called so I can search for it. Is it in English?. My wife not good with this stuff!

4 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No names will be attached to it, as already discussed 1000000 times.... 

So the point of it is what?  As will, and should happen (as it would in any other country), anonymous petitions to government agencies will just be ignored as they mean nothing.  Anyone could produce a petition for anything with a million 'names' but if there's no real names on it there's no way for it's veracity of the numbers to be established. 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

That's how petitions work all over the world...they are just gestures anyway. A tool to get a discussion started.

They get discussions started amongst those that anonymously signed the petition, that's all; the people who matter, i.e. those in authority, just ignore the daftness of unverifiable petitions!

Archived