what do you think is it a good idea for commuting during my trip...?

Louis Naylor

A trip to Thailand and you are a commuter? That implies you are going to work... and would not be a good idea... I see them on the streets in CM - they are slow, awkward and do not look to be easily manueverable... they look very dangerous and don't look like fun... but I don't think bungee jumping looks like fun either...

helmet, and insurance - if that looks like fun to you, enjoy. Nothing practical about it. 

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

A trip to Thailand and you are a commuter? That implies you are going to work... and would not be a good idea... I see them on the streets in CM - they are slow, awkward and do not look to be easily manueverable... they look very dangerous and don't look like fun... but I don't think bungee jumping looks like fun either...

helmet, and insurance - if that looks like fun to you, enjoy. Nothing practical about it. 

Thanks for advise..

10 minutes ago, Louis Naylor said:

I didn't understand, what you want to say?

You can't ride on the sidewalk, too many lumps, bumps and holes to trap those tiny wheels and deposit you on your backside.

The road isn't much better and you can add buses, trucks and the like into the mix, you would end up minced on the first day.

Also the 24V 6.6Ah battery is 158 Watt-Hours, that's over the limit (100 Wh) for travel in your carry-on (you can apparently go to 150Wh with special permission on some airlines).

EDIT If the battery is actually made up of two 12V packs each one would be under the 100Wh limit and you could bring in your carry-on.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

You can't ride on the sidewalk, too many lumps, bumps and holes to trap those tiny wheels and deposit you on your backside.

The road isn't much better and you can add buses, trucks and the like into the mix, you would end up minced on the first day.

Also the 24V 6.6Ah battery is 158 Watt-Hours, that's over the limit (100 Wh) for travel in your carry-on (you can apparently go to 150Wh with special permission on some airlines).

Yeah, I understand...

48 minutes ago, Louis Naylor said:

If you have no experience of Thailand, then you may be forgiven for asking such a question. If you have experience of Thailand then you would know it is not a good idea!

1 hour ago, Louis Naylor said:

Surely what Sheryl was saying is that they are very dangerous... can you imagine being in traffic, cars going too fast, motorcycles darting in and out around the cars, even faster... and on those things, you will be going so slow, you are nearly a pedestrian in the middle of it... you have no speed, no manueverability and you will be barely visible... and unprotected... 

and yet, I do see people riding them. 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

If you have a death wish.

Archived