TM 30 online registration only for hotels or house owners who rent out their house

My wife tried to register for TM30 online,They sent back a confirmation mail but told her to call immigration Sriracha to get a password.

Immigration Sriracha said TM30 online is only for Hotels or if she is renting out her house to a foreigner.Pattaya immigration told her same.

We both live together in her house of course I don't have a rental contract.Does that mean every time I travel and come back my wife has 

to take a day off to notify the immigration I'm back in her house?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

As  far as i studied the law concerning art.38 of the immigration act and all the law around it, there is no need to re-register. As long you not really move out and move in at a later time you still live there. It dosent matter if you travel around and where you travel to. Please also take a look to the immigration webpage of samutrprakarn. Directly on the first page there is a FAQ publisched. "Q: Does my Thai wife ...".

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:
1 hour ago, schlemmi said:

Well immigration Sriracha has a different view of things.They charged my wife already 1600bt because she didn't notify them we are back from a trip to Krabi.

Did your wife get a receipt for this payment?

Did your wife gegisterd you according Art.38 by using the TM30 form before you made the trip to krabi?

Does your wife has the receipt slip of this  TM30 form from the former registration process and showed to the officer?

Edited by schlemmi
Additional questions added.

Sounds like Sriracha has had their head in a bucket of KFC chicken nuggets for to long.

1 hour ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

They charged my wife already 1600bt because she didn't notify them we are back from a trip to Krabi.

Why did they fine her, if in their words;

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Immigration Sriracha said TM30 online is only for Hotels or if she is renting out her house to a foreigner. Pattaya immigration told her same.

Complete contradiction of statement and action.

Since April the online TM30 site comes in a choice of Thai or English language.

It allows a choice of either owner, house master or possessor to register, regardless of nationality.

1846766476_TM30registration..JPG.144c23368c3400b9e3d68a81976a8c6b.JPG

Under section 4 of the Immigration Act you are effectively the house master.

House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever ,

As a renter, you would be a tenant, as a non renter you are the possessor.

Many expats have already successfully registered to file the TM30 online.

My wife is the owner but I also possess occupancy of the house.

I registered myself, my passport, my Tabien Baan, my Thai ID card and received a user ID and password.

23 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Sounds like Sriracha has had their head in a bucket of KFC chicken nuggets for to long.

Why did they fine her, if in their words;

Complete contradiction of statement and action.

Since April the online TM30 site comes in a choice of Thai or English language.

It allows a choice of either owner, house master or possessor to register, regardless of nationality.

1846766476_TM30registration..JPG.144c23368c3400b9e3d68a81976a8c6b.JPG

Under section 4 of the Immigration Act you are effectively the house master.

As a renter, you would be a tenant, as a non renter you are the possessor.

Many expats have already successfully registered to file the TM30 online.

My wife is the owner but I also possess occupancy of the house.

I registered myself, my passport, my Tabien Baan, my Thai ID card and received a user ID and password.

If there is a housebook existing than the person who is stated as เจ้าเบ้าน is the person who has to act according article 38 of the immigration act. It does no matter if there is a dummy rental contract between him and his wife.

2 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Well immigration Sriracha has a different view of things.They charged my wife already 1600bt because she didn't notify them we are back from a trip to Krabi.Another trip was to Lopburi,when we tried to notify they told us"no need"only if I come back from outside Thailand.Means 2 immigration officer 2 different views

How did immigration even know you went on these trips ? it would only become apparent when you visit immigration for other business

3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Immigration Sriracha said TM30 online is only for Hotels or if she is renting out her house to a foreigner.Pattaya immigration told her same.

So siricha and pattaya both refused to issue a password because the property isnt rented to a foriegner, I think that may be some sort of misunderstanding. I recieved a password for property in pattaya thats not rented to a forieigner and nobody asked if it is. the confirmation email from the TM30 registration is auto generated not from local immigration office.

When your registers, its so she can report foreigners in the future, there is no question or enquiry as to whether a foreigner is currently staying, or in what capacity. 

Edited by Peterw42

7 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

If there is a housebook existing than the person who is stated as เจ้าเบ้าน is the person who has to act according article 38 of the immigration act. It does no matter if there is a dummy rental contract between him and his wife.

If the wife is registering to use the online system as owner/housemaster, nobody is asking for a rental agreement. When you register its so you can report foriegners who may stay in the future, nobody asks if a foriegner is currently staying and in what capacity.

1 hour ago, ifjsrussell said:

Just download a Thai rental contract template off the internet. Then make one between you and your wife. Then register and use online service. Problem solved. (No one actually cares about the contract, just need to tick the right box to say there is one)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

That's what I told my wife too,and it made her moody

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If the wife is registering to use the online system as owner/housemaster, nobody is asking for a rental agreement. When you register its so you can report foriegners who may stay in the future, nobody asks if a foriegner is currently staying and in what capacity.

But they could fine the เจ้าบ้าน for not reporting. No matter if you have a contract or not. Formally the เจ้าบ้าน is the boss. 

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

She could register,but Pattaya and Sriracha immigration refused to give her a password

34 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

Do you mean I should register myself even I'm not the owner of the house?

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Do you mean I should register myself even I'm not the owner of the house?

If you name is in the housebook and your status is  เจ้าบ้าน then you are in duty to report according to article 38.

Please take a look to the housebook and find the page with the entry สถานถาพ:เจ้าบ้าน.

This indicates the housemaster in the sense of law.

The entry สถานภาพ: ผู้อาศัย  indicates all other people in the house.

1 minute ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

She could register,but Pattaya and Sriracha immigration refused to give her a password

1000s have registered, not sure why they would single out your wife unless its some sort of misunderstanding. As I said , nobody asks if a foreigner is/will be staying when they issue the password. 99% of people registering would have nobody staying at the time of registering and there is no enquiry as to current residents etc.

If you register as owner/housemaster the system then asks for bluebook and ID, thats all it asks for. The whole idea of the TM30 system is to register forieners , in the future, as they stay.

You situation must be a misunderstanding, possibly some incorrect information entered when doing the online registration for the system.

31 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

No, 'Head of Household' (Jiao Baan) in the house book, is usually the person responsible for taking care of the book and registering others living at that registered address, with the local Amphur under the Civil Registration Act. The house book is not proof of ownership.

A Thai can only be registered in one house book, regardless of how many properties they may own.

Under section 38 of the Immigration Act, the persons responsible to file a TM30 are;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed

Note, not the Head of Household as defined under the Civil Registration Act.

Under section 4 of the Immigration Act, the House Master is defined as;

“ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever ,

Your confusing 'Head of Household' as defined under one Act, with 'House Master' as defined by another Act. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Why has Peterw42 been able to register online at Pattaya, but your Thai wife cannot, should be the question?

24 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

But they could fine the เจ้าบ้าน for not reporting. No matter if you have a contract or not. Formally the เจ้าบ้าน is the boss. 

In terms of a TM30 and the TM30 system, its owner, housemaster or possessor reports. As Tanoshi said above,  long term tenant is considered the housemaster or possessor and just as liable for the report or fine.

I have submitted 2 blank blue books for 2 registrations for the TM30 system (no housemaster). Its not strictly who is mentioned in the bluebook as housemaster. Not sure why you keep posting the thai words from the blue book as the TM30 form and online system is in English. For expats, most of the time its the tenant/possessor paying the fine for not reporting themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Why has Peterw42 been able to register online at Pattaya, but your Thai wife cannot, should be the question?

Yes thats right, it has to be a misunderstanding as there is no rule about house being leased to a foreigner, and nobody asks.

Siracha immigration is a branch office of pattaya immigration.

27 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, 'Head of Household' (Jiao Baan) in the house book, is usually the person responsible for taking care of the book and registering others living at that registered address, with the local Amphur under the Civil Registration Act. The house book is not proof of ownership.

A Thai can only be registered in one house book, regardless of how many properties they may own.

Under section 38 of the Immigration Act, the persons responsible to file a TM30 are;

Your confusing 'Head of Household' as defined under one Act, with 'House Master' as defined by another Act. 

No, iam not confusing it.

Under Art.38, the first word is เจ้าบ้าน and u der art.4 the given definition of เจ้าบ้าน is the same as in the civil registration act. The term เจ้าบ่าน is a fixed often used term in the thai law.

But there is often a missunderstanding of the word เจ้าบ้าน thay is only the boss in the house  หีวหน้าในบ้าน and the term เจ้าของบ้าน what is the owner of the house. This is the person which could sell the house make contracts belonging the house.

49 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

If you name is in the housebook and your status is  เจ้าบ้าน then you are in duty to report according to article 38.

Please take a look to the housebook and find the page with the entry สถานถาพ:เจ้าบ้าน.

This indicates the housemaster in the sense of law.

The entry สถานภาพ: ผู้อาศัย  indicates all other people in the house.

My name is not in the blue book I think,but I have a yellow book and pink id

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The defonition of เจ้าบ้าน in the immi act is just a copy of thr def. in the civil reg. act.

Did a TM30 at Jomtien yesterday, I asked for user name and password. Boss upstairs said not enough user name and password, only give to hotels and guest house. Told them i am in and out of Thailand often; replied just one person you can come down here.

3 minutes ago, kkpat said:

Did a TM30 at Jomtien yesterday, I asked for user name and password. Boss upstairs said not enough user name and password, only give to hotels and guest house. Told them i am in and out of Thailand often; replied just one person you can come down here.

They dont just hand out username and password.

You apply online at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

You need to apply, provide documents to do with the property etc, then a password gets sent out a week later.

Peterw42.

I applied online at the end of May, still waiting. My point was they will not give to single user.

Many reports of people getting user name and password from their immigration office.

Riiiiight. Clear as mud then.

We have not registered. Wife owns our house (of course). When we stay in another province, wife makes booking and registers at that place in her name only on arrival. Nobody knows where I've been or when I get back. Has worked so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Well immigration Sriracha has a different view of things.They charged my wife already 1600bt because she didn't notify them we are back from a trip to Krabi.Another trip was to Lopburi,when we tried to notify they told us"no need"only if I come back from outside Thailand.Means 2 immigration officer 2 different views

While the TM 30 is a problem in itself, Royal Thai Immigration needs to be kept being told the inconsistency in enforcement needs to be forcefully addressed from Bangkok headquarters directly to each regional immigration chief officers.