Thailand set to introduce visa-free travel for Chinese and Indians

webfact

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm "babbling" on the whole situation for foreigners who are allowed to spend all their cash, but aren't welcome when they can't show a certain amount of dosh. 

I do not have the feeling anymore that I'm welcome home. That was totally different 17 years ago and all was relaxed. 

Now you might reply and tell me that I'm free to leave? Sooner, or later, I will. 

the 20k applies to everyone and you leaving has nothing to do with the topic

You get what you pay for. If they want Chinese and Indians who will change their destination over a 2000b visa fee, then that’s the type of budget tourist they will get.

I think Thailand needs more people walking in the roads, spitting on the ground, climbing on Buddha statues for photos, and being noisy. They can then double / triple price and scam them until they stop coming too.

1 hour ago, burgdawg said:

...my all-around fave TOT goof hadda be marketing Pattaya as a "HoneyMoon Destination" to Eastern Europeans some years back, about 2008-2010, what a fiasco. There were plenty of lawsuits coming from various countries thinking the whole campaign a brutal joke, which is was to many brides who lost their man to a ladyboy or to Soi 6. TOT is staffed by kon Thai, most can barely speak English and they are acting like seers.

Laughable, TIT.

The ex grooms might be happier now than married

1 hour ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Good luck with attracting the Chinese. Bad news coverage aside, the Chinese Central Bank just artificially devalued the yuan to offset new US tariffs. It's at a historic 10 year low!

same strategy for the baht would be great to stimulate exports and tourism

1 hour ago, Sonhia said:

Racism!!!! Typical Thai mentallity.

I'm leaving at the end of this month, and so happy to be leaving.

Thailand has been nothing but a waste of many years of my life efforts plus alot of money and for what?

I'd go along with that sadly.....everything easy with hindsight

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm "babbling" on the whole situation for foreigners who are allowed to spend all their cash, but aren't welcome when they can't show a certain amount of dosh. 

I do not have the feeling anymore that I'm welcome home. That was totally different 17 years ago and all was relaxed. 

Now you might reply and tell me that I'm free to leave? Sooner, or later, I will. 

Yes, precisely that - the feeling of being welcomed. The feeling of being a welcome guest is long, long gone. Now it feels more like treading on restricted grounds. One misstep and you're out!

46 minutes ago, Dizer said:

Lol , all the immigrants in this forum get upset with other immigrants.. all are just immigrants you got no rights to complain..

None of us, from US, UK, India, or China, are immigrants. We're just tourists on Non-Immigrant visa extensions.

10 minutes ago, outsider said:

Yes, precisely that - the feeling of being welcomed. The feeling of being a welcome guest is long, long gone. Now it feels more like treading on restricted grounds. One misstep and you're out!

Its only when you visit other countries after an extensive time solely coming to Thailand you realise how absolutely shight you are treated in Thailand.

Visiting Greece and subsequently Bulgaria after initially a 24 year gap was an eye opener. I've had enough of the place completely. Done my 169 visits am close to calling it a day completely and going southern Spain in British winters to offset some of the colder months

1 hour ago, crickets said:

So many white people cant understand how someone can now be treated better than then. Go to Pattaya pier and watch the hordes of Chinese come on and off the boats and you can understand why they want more. Good idea TAT.

Yep, just back from Koh Lan after contributing to the serious rubbish and pollution problem there. koh Lan soon to be renamed Koh Garbage.

The Yuan's just been devalued and is at its lowest in 10 years, while the Rupee has dropped by 25% against the Baht over the last 2 1/2 years, so how exactly will all these millions of tourists from China and India manage to afford to come here? And why would they bother, when there's much better value to be had in SEA, even if they have to apply for a visa?

2 hours ago, smedly said:

I was out and about last night around pattaya and in all the years I have been here I have never seen the place so empty

Indians come here for a 200baht massage and a HJ,  that is it, numbers do not equal income

My GF works in a hotel, a pretty decent one at that. And it is common to see Chinese and Indians book a single room, but turn up with about 7-14 people, expecting to be allowed to all stay in one room lol. 

8 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Its only when you visit other countries after an extensive time solely coming to Thailand you realise how absolutely shight you are treated in Thailand.

Visiting Greece and subsequently Bulgaria after initially a 24 year gap was an eye opener. I've had enough of the place completely. Done my 169 visits am close to calling it a day completely and going southern Spain in British winters to offset some of the colder months

Have to agree with you even the islands are far from being paradise  they have become concrete jungles and very expensive how I wish I could turn back the clock to 2005 when I first arrived sadly those days will never return ☹️☹️☹️

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Increase of crapping and pissing in the streets (and trains) expected to be around 1000% year on year. 

Don’t forget spitting everywhere and a rise in TB. Chinese people’s spit as a natural course of daily life (a lot).

Unfair discrimination against millions of Western travellers who for decades shored up Thailand's tourist trade - and a clear indication that TAT is more interested, as the acronym implies, in quantity than quality.

43 minutes ago, atyclb said:

congratulations on your surgery and new horizons and best of luck

Now now - the western world is going just a little bit crazy on trans  rights - you just can’t say that.

Would agree- if the only reason that you lived here is to keep your flies constantly unzipped - good riddance 

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Seeing as 'farang' tourists get 30 day visa free entry on arrival, I fail to see how they are trying to 'get them out', in favour of other nationalities ? Unless you are babbling on about TM28/30's, which is an entirely different thing. 

Your talking out of your backside pal.i find your comment prity pathetic. 

Archived