Thailand set to introduce visa-free travel for Chinese and Indians

webfact

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Yinn said:

You English right? 

Your government let Thai people in with no visa? Or not?

only Aussies, USA etc.

Must be racist government right?

I am not talking about giving to English mate as we get 30 days on arrival free, I mean countries like Sri Lanka Africa ect, Oh no only issue too Indians and Chinese.

3 hours ago, nev said:

Racist government!!,  You cannot just issue to who you think should be encouraged to come, You should offer to all no matter where they are from shame on you

Thaiway........."up to you", my penrye

image.jpeg.d6d72518312b1bbd6a1917bad2407026.jpeg

3 hours ago, nev said:

Racist government!!,  You cannot just issue to who you think should be encouraged to come, You should offer to all no matter where they are from shame on you

This is the thai mentality of course. Take at look at the thai tv channels and look for the international news. It's all about thai nothing else.

I am just wondering how many Thai ladies percentage-wise are trying to marry Indians or Chinese or some other middle eastern groups and move to those countries?  I somehow don't see that.  Based on my recent sitting and eating a pizza at the pizzeria just across from NANA, and looking around and counting 32, no exaggeration 32 middle eastern women eating there also in their Hajibs, ( I think I am using the right word, apologies if I am not), I just don't know what is going on.  And in Pattaya last week, one night on Walking street literally must have been simultaneous 3 or 4 bus loads of chinese dropped off and just walking around.  Not a dime being spent.  Not a single one of the tour group going into any of the gogos there.  I don't know what Thailand thinks it is doing or getting, but I am willing to bet there is some big tourist dollar kickback monies being spread around for these groups.   I see large groups of  Indians and Middle Eastern men walking around Pattaya, but have almost never seen any of them in any of the gogs or bars.  I suspect there are some places that cater to their likes and they go there, but you certainly don't see them in any of the european owned restaurants.  

2 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Racism!!!! Typical Thai mentallity.

I'm leaving at the end of this month, and so happy to be leaving.

Thailand has been nothing but a waste of many years of my life efforts plus alot of money and for what?

Just look at the place!

Fools gold! Fools paradise...

Life is better elsewhere. I opened my eyes, put my pecker away and stopped listening to the same old B.S.

I'm gettimg a life back!

3 hours ago, nev said:

This is the thai mentality of course. Take at look at the thai tv channels and look for the international news. It's all about thai nothing else.

2 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Thailand has been nothing but a waste of many years of my life efforts plus alot of money and for what?

Just look at the place!

Life is better elsewhere. I opened my eyes, put my pecker away and stopped listening to the same old B.S.

I'm gettimg a life back!

You made the right descision, it's over in LOS. Strong baht, weak pound and throttling visa regs even for retirees. Can't even see why a backpacker would choose to come.

The is a good chance the major currencies will fall even further as interest rates are lowered, causing potential tourists and regulars to avoid or limit their travels. The Thai gov know this and are looking to fill the void with regional tourists.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I was out and about last night around pattaya and in all the years I have been here I have never seen the place so empty

Indians come here for a 200baht massage and a HJ,  that is it, numbers do not equal income

Watch the farang begger at Pattaya beach road

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Just look at the place!

I'm gettimg a life back!

I'm with you mate I'm out of here too. 

My girlfriend pissed herself when I told her about this.. She said oh that's good for the Indians they come and never go back and work and the Chinese on there free holiday weeing  and spitting in the street and complaining that the larb moo is expensive. 

2 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Just look at the place!

I'm gettimg a life back!

I'm with you mate I'm out of here too. 

Leave ASAP. Its not your territory anymore. Indians and Chinese are coming as they have more money to spend. Apart from joke, they are both arch rivals.

Just look at the place!

I'm gettimg a life back!

I often wish Id gone west instead of east

4 hours ago, JAG said:

And they think that they have a problem with Westerners overstaying...

at least indians don´t get caught doing it !

i always wonder how all those indians on nana selling sex toys do it. 

like seriously. 

i cant even be a tourist here that stays a few more months than the average tourist. 

and they can sell illegal pills and sex toys in the capital 

35 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

I am just wondering how many Thai ladies percentage-wise are trying to marry Indians or Chinese or some other middle eastern groups and move to those countries?  I somehow don't see that.  Based on my recent sitting and eating a pizza at the pizzeria just across from NANA, and looking around and counting 32, no exaggeration 32 middle eastern women eating there also in their Hajibs, ( I think I am using the right word, apologies if I am not), I just don't know what is going on.  And in Pattaya last week, one night on Walking street literally must have been simultaneous 3 or 4 bus loads of chinese dropped off and just walking around.  Not a dime being spent.  Not a single one of the tour group going into any of the gogos there.  I don't know what Thailand thinks it is doing or getting, but I am willing to bet there is some big tourist dollar kickback monies being spread around for these groups.   I see large groups of  Indians and Middle Eastern men walking around Pattaya, but have almost never seen any of them in any of the gogs or bars.  I suspect there are some places that cater to their likes and they go there, but you certainly don't see them in any of the european owned restaurants.  

True and its a matter of choice. India does not have a pub culture, please understand that. There are clubs, disc, bars, pubs but mainly pubs are in 5 star hotel catering to foreigners in India.

Middle East (except a few) does not have drinking culture at all. So many have different priorities.

I have seen Indians spending like hell in clubs in Singapore, maybe more higher budget visitors there.

3 minutes ago, Austrian26 said:

at least indians don´t get caught doing it !

i always wonder how all those indians on nana selling sex toys do it. 

like seriously. 

i cant even be a tourist here that stays a few more months than the average tourist. 

and they can sell illegal pills and sex toys in the capital 

And fake Kamagra

I don't see anything wrong with this. We all know that there is quite a big interest in Thailand among Chinese and Indian people; and apparently, until now, overall, the Chinese and the Indians haven't had an overstaying problem, so the Thai government has decided to introduced free-visa travel for them.

Actually, I am surprised that the visa-free period for them will be 14 days, not 30 days.

For westerners, Thailand is the accessible 'exotic east' with its tropical climate and alien ways. To the 'new' tourists who also come from Asia the attractions are different. They also have exotic locations, tropical climate and Asian culture and if they want dirty beaches and garbage dumped anywhere and everywhere, well they have that at home also. So TAT have to work out why these new tourists want to come to Thailand and Pattaya. It's probably for what they can't get at home and as I have said they have all the natural attractions that Thailand has. So!  

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Seeing as 'farang' tourists get 30 day visa free entry on arrival, I fail to see how they are trying to 'get them out', in favour of other nationalities ? Unless you are babbling on about TM28/30's, which is an entirely different thing. 

I understand exactly what he means .. and he’s not babbling . As a 4 visit a year man I don’t feel as welcome as before and I really must say, however racist it may appear ,that quite a few Indian and Chinese visitors behave badly in many instances that I have witnessed personally . I now actively by enquiry seek out hotels that are not frequented by those nationalities and I do not care how racist that may sound. It is based on personal experience. I am considering my options and changing my destinations within Thailand to actively avoid having to witness some of the antics I have experienced from some of these visitors.  

1 hour ago, Globe Trotter said:

My GF works in a hotel, a pretty decent one at that. And it is common to see Chinese and Indians book a single room, but turn up with about 7-14 people, expecting to be allowed to all stay in one room lol. 

everyone thinks "one coke and 5 straws" is a joke - it isn't

and yes they all pile into a single hotel room - must be fun when one of them brings a slapper back from the coconut bar - that would make a great reality tv comedy

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Yes, precisely that - the feeling of being welcomed. The feeling of being a welcome guest is long, long gone. Now it feels more like treading on restricted grounds. One misstep and you're out!

Been staying or coming out to LOS over ten years, my second home, but now feeling like Richard Kimball. You can't carry on like that. Sorry !

Archived